[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We argue over which country is the most paranormal. I vote
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: 1393895336537.png (72 KB, 1218x1245) Image search: [Google]
1393895336537.png
72 KB, 1218x1245
ITT: We argue over which country is the most paranormal.

I vote for England.

>Enochian/Freemasonry//Spiritualism/Golden Dawn/Thelema/Wicca/Chaos Magick ALL started in England.
>Thousands of years of paranormal history going back to prehistory.
>Giant empire that spanned the globe collecting artifacts for British Museum.
>London is still considered the centre of the Occult world.
>Hundreds of paranormal locations from Stonehenge to Borley Rectory.

All from one small island in the Atlantic.
>>
UK is the most spiritual.

Rome is the most dumb.
>>
Eastern Europe in general, because there's a large amount of people that practice dark magic among the slavic, roma, hellenic, and tartar populations.
>>
eastern europe

those niggas got hard in the paint

USSR particularly
>>
>>14902507
TBH I think that South America and parts of Asia are the most paranormal and spiritual.
>>
>I vote for England.
>vote for England
>England
It's the United fucking Kingdom or the islands of Great Britain you fuck. England is only one country out of four. You wouldn't like it if I was to go around calling the USA a bit of Canada would you?
>>
>>14902887
Too >>>/int/ and >>>/pol/ for /x/.
>>
i know its not a country, but the entirety of europe is extremely paranormal. id say southern asia and japan are second followed by southern africa.
>>
>>14902887
But that's a false analogy.
>>
Can Stonehenge really be considered paranormal
What exactly is paranormal about it?
>>
britfag from london here
i go into central/go on the underground often but i live in south london
almost everyone from my area agrees a lot of weird shit happens here
>>
India or Japan. India for the sheer volume of religious texts. Japan because of the huge amount of urban legends.

No country has shit on Japan when anyone you see and don't know in Tokyo could technically be a ghost according to an urban legend.
>>
>>14902909
Really? They're on the same landmass so the USA must be part of Canada. Just like Ireland Scotland and Wales are all part of England.
>>
>>14902864
>hard in the paint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0
>>
>>14902930
There's lots of secret stations on the underground. I went past one only once.
>>
>>14902976
what line?
>>
>>14902945
>>14902887
Do you seriously not know England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Island are different countries?
>>
>>14902992
Uhhh, yes that was my entire point?
>>
>>14902982
Nope, angry Glaswegian.
>>
>>14902984
Northern Line, before Clapham
>>
File: queen_archon.png (17 KB, 340x348) Image search: [Google]
queen_archon.png
17 KB, 340x348
You forgot to mention that England is ruled by space reptiles, OP. Pretty paranormal.
>>
>>14903022
Touche.
>>
>>14902944
Japs have some seriously fucked up folklore and urban legends.
>>
>>14903014
>All from one small island in the Atlantic.
>>
>>14902930
Like what m8
>>
Japan. Nature parts. I can't describe it. The forest there seems alive and talkative. Mind you I've only visited one forest there. I dom't know if they all feel the same. Its a spiritual experience.
>>
File: nice-no-mori-funky-forest-2.jpg (32 KB, 580x318) Image search: [Google]
nice-no-mori-funky-forest-2.jpg
32 KB, 580x318
>>14903127
Must have been the...Funky Forest.
>>
File: 459921.png (157 KB, 508x470) Image search: [Google]
459921.png
157 KB, 508x470
>>14902507
Great Britain a lot of battles and killings in a relatively small area. Also, British people in general look pretty spooky.
>>
I concur with England/Britain. I am in England now and can confirm I have ghost.
>>
File: Simpsons icelandic.png (1 MB, 1185x671) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons icelandic.png
1 MB, 1185x671
>>14902507
Only an idiot would argue that any country is more paranormal than Iceland.

They have the spirits of the earth that saved them from a shrooming norwegian wizard on their currency.

They plan construction projects around elves.

They hold that half of their landscape was the result of trolls if not being an actual troll that got stuck in the sun.

Its nothing but Glaciers and Volcanoes put to a Bjork/Sigur Ros soundtrack.

I mean come on guys.

THEY CAN READ RUNES BECAUSE THE LANGUAGE NEVER CHANGED.
>>
>>14902507

I don't necessarily agree that England/United Kingdom/The British Empire is the most paranormal country or whatever.

But it is fucking weird how almost every major magical paradigm in the past 200 years has originated there. In fact even fucking Chumbley was English.

Seriously, what the fuck you guys? Is there something in the water or what?
>>
>>14902507

>ITT: We argue over which country is a country.

Fix'd that for you OP.
>>
>>14903598
Don't forget the ancient Druid orders in North Wales that still have members today.
>>
>>14903621

>Implying the 'Druids' of today are anything like the actual Druids.

I'll give you that the majority of Neo-Pagan and Reconstructionist movements also started in Britain but don't pretend they are the same as the ancient orders.

When they stop being fat faggots and start sacrificing people to their gods I'll give them the time of day.
>>
>>14903636
Well shit I didn't have time to get sources
>>
Straya because rainbow serpent and bone pointing. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>14903565
i (semi uneducatedly) was including the scandinavian isles in with europe.
>>
>>14903565
It's not paranormal just because the idiots living there think it is
>>
>>14902507
Find the country with the worst education. That would be the most paranormal.
>>
>>14902507
England because Avalon.
>>
what about romania?
>>
>>14904193
>elves, trolls, giants, dwarves, dragons, ritualistic drinking and sacrifice, seers of dead ancestors, and rune magic are not paranormal
'kay
>>
>>14904435
so just the isle of bitches? no one cares about anglesy anymore?
>>
>>14902507
I live in Appalachia. It's pretty fucking intense here.
>>
I both hate and love England
Love: tv shows, writers, music, movies, comedies
Hate: snobs, egocentric assholes, ugly women,
well let's say I hate UK people in general
>>
>>14907736
Stop getting you opinions on a place from family guy.
>>
>>14907750
I don't watch family guy. I watch king of the hills
>>
>>14904443
Romania gets my vote. People still go into cemeteries there to destroy corpses that they believe are vampires.
>>
>>14902507
Dear OP

If you haven't read it already, pick up Alan Moore's novel Voice of the Fire. It spans 5000 years of his city's history through fictional vignettes, and it's full of weird/occult crap that's at least loosely based on truth (witch burnings, Guy Fawke's plot, John Dee, local legends, etc)
>>
seriously england steals too much spotlight
and is overrated
>>
>>14907755

>king of the hills

ayy lmao
>>
>>14907795
>ayy lmao
yuck
>>
>>14902887
You have seriously misunderstood the geography of the UK. England is a country, so is Wales, Scotland & Ireland. It makes perfect sense to say England is the most paranormal country. Collectively; England, Scotland and Wales are Great Britain. Therefore Great Britain is not a country, but a collection of 3. The United Kingdom is the same as Great Britain but consists of Northern Ireland as well. Obviously it can get much more complicated than this but those are the basics. I would reccommend a video by CGP Grey on Youtube titled: The Difference between the United Kingdom, Great Britain and England Explained. Do you understand now?
>>
>>14907800
>>14907795
XDDDDDDDDDDDDD no
>>
>>14907864
>summer intensifies
plz go
>>
>>14907872
DDDDDDDDDX that hurt a lot!!!!!
>>
>>>/b/557116167
It´s quietly happening. [bypass code:4]
>>
Barcelona is a summoning-circle.
>>
>>14902507

Spain in the 60's was kinda paranormal but everything was ''dismissed'' or trown away to the dark becase It were times in wich Spain was controlled by a dictator. So no much freedom for spooky stuff
>>
>>14902850
Yeah.

There are tons of pagan cults that are active here and treated seriously.
>>
>>14902507
Not most paranormal but definitely up there.
>Afghanistan
>dat dere djinn
>>
>>14903000
So maybe he meant specifically England, you fuck.
>>
Portugal is a cult.
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 320x211) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 320x211
>>14902919
When I was 14 I got shoved into doing an early A level in archaeology. My lecturer explained her theory that as well as Stonehenge having significance due to the two solstices, it may have also been symbolic for the afterlife/eternity. I can't remember exactly what she said since this was 2009 and me not wanting to be there, but it was something to do with there being another henge nearby that I can't remember the name of that was made of wood to symbolise life where a procession would start in honouring the recent dead, the procession would follow the nearby stream or river and then on to stone henge which would be where the ancestors rested for eternity or something. Either way I drove past it a couple of weeks back on my way home from a short holiday with my gf at only 15mph in a 70 zone due to faggots slowing downing to gawk at it

>>14902930
One of the (or the) oldest churches in England are where I live. There's some cool shit that went down here
>wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayling_Island
Also an Iron Age shrine and smugglers tunnels.

>>14902976
I went past an unused one
>>14907911
Well It's got to be good for something
>>
Hello everyone. OP here. I was going to say Great Britain so I could include such things as Anglesey and Edinburgh. The former of course being the seat of the Druid's power and the latter being a very paranormal city in it's own right.

However I realised that a lot of people would probably point out that Great Britain isn't a country what with Scottish Independence being all over the news lately. So I chose England specifically.

Then I realised that such argument was probably going to be good for the life of the thread and included the little sentence at the bottom.

Your welcome.
>>
New England is an English social experiment.?
>>
>>14902887
Unless he meant England.
>>
File: 2-beelzebub-a.jpg (107 KB, 365x474) Image search: [Google]
2-beelzebub-a.jpg
107 KB, 365x474
MH17

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c=03AHJ_VutpP58WgDg1WbZzFq25NVNDsahENgu0RGWz23aiVzJYDo_qFvrbFcsrxQS5qE8PakfrtmnoVERtWtOZbT1qAo837ITQBp0GH9IwZR6GmXdWwsQeTkU_5lgkL0cSOUEdFhMHavyUc80QZ81lJOqjotah4Lqpm6_epgBqZs25uuNOXIlQmi1DaUIM2JaUpwMXEQHujImY
>>
countries don't exist outside man's thoughtsphere, so, no body of land is paranormal, there are just interesting people whose ideas catch on

also england is one of the most pathetic places on earth today, most heavily propagandized work culture, people controlled by tv soap opera reality anchoring

i know, i was born there (but moved, thankfully).
>>
File: giphy-facebook_s.gif (94 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
giphy-facebook_s.gif
94 KB, 480x270
>>14902507
>Enochian/Freemasonry//Spiritualism/Golden Dawn/Thelema/Wicca/Chaos Magick ALL started in England.

No. They didn't.

>London is still considered the centre of the Occult world.

Nope. Where the kundalini of the earth is at, is where the center of the "occult" world is. Which is India.

>Hundreds of paranormal locations from Stonehenge to Borley Rectory.

Every country has hundreds of paranormal locations.

>Thousands of years of paranormal history going back to prehistory.

wut
>>
>>14908064
How do the ppl here concerned with anchors & reality feel about Japanese media vis–à–vis Japanese Forests, I wonder.
>>
>>14907916
interesting, care to share some stories?
>>
>>14908079

>No. They didn't.

Wow, that's an incredible counter argument there. Care to point out which ones didn't and where they started instead? No? Maybe that's because you're talking out your ass.
>>
>>14903147
What is rhat? Why was that forest funky. It was near fukuoka. If you really want to know I can look up th exact location for you.
>>
>>14908079
You make no sense. There is no kundalini of the earth. It resigns within man.
>>
Transylvania
Too Spooky.
>>
>>14908910
>Freemasonry
Started as early as King Solomon in Jerusalem, speculation has been linked to Ancient Egypt.

>Spiritualism
This is as old as man itself, origins are unclear, but the earliest form of spiritualism is shamanism, which occurred on all continents.

I'm not even gonna go on.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.