[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else here have that thing where you can definitively remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
anyone else here have that thing where you can definitively remember doing/using/watching something, a tv show, a type of tool, etc. but can find not even a trace of evidence that the aforementioned thing ever actually existed at all?
pic unrelated
>>
>>14658449
interesting thread, OP. I'm not sure if I've ever encountered something like this, but it's possible.
>>
Well, this isn't exactly the case for me but I do remember seeing that movie "Hotel for Dogs" or whatever it was called before it actually came out. I think the ending was also a little different but I remember seeing it years before it actually came out and my friend who I saw it originally with also remembers this.
>>
There was a ps1 game I played the shit out of. That for the life of me I either cannot find or doesn't exist.
>>
>>14658449
I recall building a gunrack with my dad when I was 3-4 years old.

My mom maintains that all of my dad's gunracks were purchased and assembled before I was born...
>>
OP here, my own experience was as follows: I remembered watching some live action fantasy show as a kid, from what I remember was low budget and cheesy as hell and had a guy who looked like hagrid in it who caught this fish one time. It was basically the best shit. Anyways, years later I discovered the internet, decide to try to find said tv show. I had no success. a few years after that, my friend and I tried again, with absolutely no success. I could remember the library I checked it out at with my mom when I was about 3 or 4, and I couldn't find any trace of the library either. I finally found the library, and it was closed down, but it still looked the way I remembered. I'm still trying to find this show, I can remember the intro that played during the theme song and everything, I just cant remember any names.
>>
>>14658559
what was it about?
>>
I had a kind of messed up child hood and feel really disassociated with everything sometimes. But I tend to block out a lot of childhood memories and replace them with new different memories
>>
There was a tv show in the early morning I would watch before school as a kid. It was set in a caveman era and there were dinosaurs and creatures and they seemed to be people in costumes and suits. They would always sing a song about time, rocking around the clock, something prehistoric in the title as well. To this day my mother tells me I didn't watch tv before school. Any ideas?
>>
>>14658449
Yes... I remember a song that was very popular, and one day I started humming it to myself, and thought maybe I'd search for this song online to hear it again, but couldn't find a trace of it.
>>
>>14658584
any idea how old you were when you watched it? The only thing I can think of that would kind of fit that description is Eureeka's Castle. It wasn't live action, though there is a character that looks a little like Hagrid.
>>
>>14658634
are you conflating Denver the last Dinosaur and another cartoon?
>>
I have a couple of extremely specific events/memories that have happened to me a few times. Every time they (or probably something similar) happen I get a weird deja vu feeling. I can't even explain the events because I only get the feeling during them, then I forget until the next time it happens. I just know the feeling now because I've experienced it enough.
The most recently it happened to me was a couple of weeks ago, and I felt almost physically disoriented because of it, like my mind went to another place entirely.
>>
>>14658712
I love having deja-vus, they really break the routine.
>>
>>14658634
Captain Caveman?
>>
>>14658449
I'm pretty damn sure I heard Arsenio Hall died years ago.
>>
>>14658640
I'm not sure, I was probably somewhere between 3 and 4
>>
>>14658449
I once sprained my ankle so bad, i could see the size of my shoe, underneath the sole.
My dad is a Ron Swanson kind of guy, and refused to let me go to the hospital, so he drove me home in this big land rover he had at the time and I remember the roaring of the engine sort of matching up with the pulsing ache in my ankle.
I remember that I did not go to school for a month and that I used a hobbyhorse as a crutch. I remember having a picture taken and developed with a fisher price camera i had (pic related).

I've struggled with this injury for years, but my parents cannot remember it at all. They only remember a different and much less crippling accident i had, later in my childhood.
>>
>>14658780
Also, that picture is nowhere to be found, even though my mom has saved all the other pictures i took with that camera.
>>
>>14658634
OP here, I think I have heard of that also, and thats pretty much the situation I am in, neither of my parents can remember me ever having watched the show, which does go along with the memory as I dont remember them being in the room as I watched it.
>>
>>14658780
OP again, thats really interesting actually. I hate experiences like that, where you can really distinctly remember something happening, but nobody else seems to remember it.
I will forever imagine your dad as basically being ron swanson from this point on.
>>
>>14658780
>parents cannot remember it
They remember it perfectly. They just don't want to admit to that criminal neglect.
>all pictures but The Picture
She destroyed the evidence. Simple as.
>>
>>14658807
I would understand if it had just been a dream or something, but the fact that my ankle still hurts from time to time, is just really confusing, when no one else remembers it .
>>
>>14658634
Dinosaurs
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101081/
>>
>>14658815
Well, why admit that they left me around a chained rabid dog, at age 7 or 8, which made me fall and scrape the skin off the other ankle, then?
Besides, it happened at an after school club.

I have some trouble with remembering things. - Like i barely remember what the first person i dated looked like, but the thing with the sprained ankle is just so vivid in my mind.
>>
>>14658673
>>14658746
>>14658795
>>14658842
None of these. I watch dinosaurs to this day. It was people in costumes and a real set that looked like a child's version of a prehistoric civilization.
OP, maybe we were abducted and watched this and were trained to believe it was in the comfort of our homes.
In all seriousness though, it was on channel 9 or pbs around 5:30 in the morning
>>
File: eye_trick_vegetable_man.jpg (10 KB, 334x347) Image search: [Google]
eye_trick_vegetable_man.jpg
10 KB, 334x347
>>14658449
I remember an animated movie for children I watched during christmas time, must have been 8-9 yo...it was about vegetable people that were once human but turned into vegetable, they were all living in greenhouses. A flood was coming and I remember that the ending was kinda disappointing...sort of like a artsy kid movie. must have been slav watever I passed a lot of time to find it but never been successful
>>
I have a memory of watching either a scary movie or TV show with my grandma. All I remember of it is a little boy (probably about 8ish) walking down a long hall in a house with lots of doors on either side. He opens one door and behind it is a creepy witch (or what I remember to be a witch), I think behind her is a crazy storm reminiscent of the Wizard of Oz. We used to always watch scary movies together like Polterguiest and the Exorcist... It really bothers me that I can not for the life of me remember this one. And of course she has no idea what it is.
>>
>>14659682
Let me rephrase: she claims she never let me watch horror films of that caliber on her watch. Let alone, watch them with me.
>>
I have this weird memory of my dad and brother teasing me with this really horrible toy, it was this frame with a button on it and when you pressed it, a face would appear in the cloth or whatever the stretchy material was. I was only 5-8 years old at the time and most of that time is a huge blur to me except a few other equally weird events, only a few of which i know ACTUALLY happened.
>>
I remember watching a Musicvideo on MTV.
It was animated, if I remember correctly only in black and white.
Refrain was sth like:
This is the sth. sth sth.
It's here just you and me
Let's sing our magic melody.

During the refrain the girl sang and the boy tried grabbing her by the hips trying to dance with her, but she didn't like it.

Song was titled Magic Melody iirc.

Was 6-8 years ago. Just remembered rescently, maybe two months ago, and tried finding the song. Couldnt find anything.

Hotta go to sleep now, it's 4 am.
>>
>a kind of messed up child hood and feel really disassociated with everything sometimes. But I tend to block out a lot of childhood memories and replace them with new different memories

Memory is much more "plastic" than we would like to admit. If things do not fit in with our schema we tend to disregard them, infact retroactively we change memories or can incorperate new information into what seems to be old memory.

Memory implantation is really interesting, Loftus and Pickrell pioneered it.
>>
>>14659877

sure it wasn't this song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRvGZffXhfk
>>
Somewhat related.

http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html
>>
Once, I was fucking around when I heard on the news about Russia making zombies. I wasn't really paying attention at the time, but I'm sure I heard it. I looked it up too, nothing.
>>
I remember watching an episode on The X files in the late 90s/early00s about two drunk teenage girls seeing little tree people on their property. I rewatched the series a couple of years ago and it wasn't there.
>>
>>14659996
Wasn't that Metallica's "All Nightmare Long" video?
>>
>>14660013
Maybe it was from another series that aired around then, like Millennium.

I've been searching for a song I heard on the radio one time. I'm using wikipedia to give me lists of songs and then YouTube to check them. So far no luck, but I'm only about a third of the way through all the possibilities (it's really slow going).
>>
All I can say is... "Elderly Woman Behind a Counter in a Small Town."
>>
I've experienced something like this. A few years back, I recall reading a news article that a native american tribe had a contract with the u.s. stating that they could have their land back after a certain year. A couple weeks after I first read the article, I tried to find it again, but all trace of it was gone.
I blame the u.s. govt.
>>
I was so sure that there was this "Got Milk?" marketing campaign using a blue monster as a mascot in the 90's. The commercials would be about a unseen cameraman interviewing local dairy-related people inquiring about the big blue monster that steals milk. While being interviewed, you could see the blue monster in the background doing shit like walking by really quick looking at the cameraman with his big soulless puppet eyes. He looked like something straight from Sesame Street but a little bit more on the creepy side, not nightmare fuel, but easily creepy. I fucking could have sworn this shit was real, I was legitimately surprised that all my google searches yielded no results after I was feeling a bit nostalgic and decided to reminisce on a whim. I want to assume that it was just an intricate dream, but damn...
>>
>>14658640
That show was great
>>
>>14658449
I get this a lot, but a lot of the time I can barely remember what the thing was, others I know exactly what it was

Déjà vu is a funny thing like that, but if you're asking other people and it was a long time ago, it could be a manufactured memory or maybe their memories have just faded
>>
When I was about 4 or 5 my sister had brought home a VHS tape from her work filled with random music videos. I remember the video for the song Tarzan and Jane by Toy-Box was on it, but there was another video with a song saying "One Eye." I don't know if it was just the chorus or the name of the song but I remember a black woman sang it in the video and there was a red alien/monster cartoon with one eye in the video as well. I also remember some of the tune to it. My sister remembers the tape but has no idea where it went and doesn't recall that video. It pisses me off so much I can't find it. I still try to google it from time to time.
>>
I often remember movies having completely different endings, especially when I rewatch some of those I saw in my childhood. I probably made them up and convinced myself that is how it was. I often fell into trance-like states when I was a kid, not noticing anything around me, when I was drawing or just thinking. Probably something like that happend and I just played the movies to the end in my head.

Today I just tend to mix up situations I saw in my dreams and real life. This often makes me look for books or movies that just don't exist.
>>
I remember seeing a film about a buncha guys whose friend (played by Tom Hanks) is getting married so they organise some kind of party for him with strippers and hookers meanwhile his bride goes to see male strippers and a guy sticks his cock in a hotdog bun and serves it to her.

Nobody remembers this film except for me, and I can't find any details about it on the Internet.
>>
>>14661627
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086927/

???
>>
>>14658449
Yeah. I can distinctly remember reading that Hitler had in interest in H.P Lovecraft and his men came to him wanting him to put out an english copy of Mein Kampf, but his wife warned him not to and so he didn't. But every time I go to try to find that information it's like it never existed in the first place.
>>
YES. Hopefully you can help me, /x/.

It was a text adventure game (with some art) that I found online. Possibly flash. It was based on the Aliens series. Involved investigating some colony. The ending (or at least one of them) involved joining some semi-alien queen and some transhumanism shit and getting in this gigantic ship thing, and I think they were heading for earth.

It was very creepy, had a very desolate atmosphere. I've been almost obsessed with finding this. I think I saw a link to it somewhere on 4chan, at least 4 years ago.
>>
>>14659947
A hundred percent sure. I remember the melody of the refrain. And while there actually is a version of the song you posted called Magic Melody, it has a completely different Melody.
>>
File: cambodiazombism.jpg (139 KB, 778x704) Image search: [Google]
cambodiazombism.jpg
139 KB, 778x704
>>14659996
sure you don't mix it up with an april fools joke from some years ago?
>>
>>14658712
If it helps, I can explain why this is.
It's nothing supernatural. There are two types of memory, short term and long term. Short term is extremely short (like how I accidentally misspelled "short" as "shirt") memories that are completely discarded minutes after forming. Kinda like RAM for your body. It's basically the what you experience life with. Anything your brain deems necessary to retain is moved to long-term memory, which is everything from remembering breakfast this morning to your trip to Disney world when you were 5.
Déjà vu occurs when your brain fucks up and you begin experiencing what's happening right now (like you usually would using short-term) with your long-term memory, making it feel exactly like you're living through a distinct memory from long ago, except really vivid. That's why you can't remember any of these events bride they happen, and you can't predict what will happen in the forthcoming seconds during déjà vu.

TL;DR déjà vu is just a lapse in short-term memory, causing you to experience the present as though it were a memory.
>>
>>14661222
I remember those commercials. There was no blue puppet monster, though.
What's that behind you?!
>>
>>14661769
I will find you and hug you.
I have always wanted to know what causes deja vu.

But i have a question - what about those moments where two people have the same deja vu at the same time? My deja vu usually happens with a friend.
>>
>>14658844

Sounds sort of like the shining.
>>
>>14658634
was it animated or no?
>>
>>14661806
There's no absolute consensus on what déjà vu is. That's one of the most popular theories with a lot of experts backing it, and by far the most logical one to me.
As for group déjà vu, I don't really know. Does it have something to do with drugs? Maybe it's linked to the fact that humans are hard wired to interact with each other as if we're in a pack in a safari trying to survive. Kinda like how you yawn and stretch when you see somebody else do it because subconsciously you all want to be limber enough to try and outrun a wild boar or something. Maybe it's a fault in that system that could cause a small group to both feel déjà vu.
>>
in the early 2000s me and 4 of my friends went to this punk rock show at the campus. All of us were sober.

it was some relatively uknown band but they were really really good, and I even bought one of their CDs

I lent the CD to one of my friends who went with me so he could burn it.

A few months later I asked him about the CD and he had no idea what I was talking about. I reminded him of the concert we went to a few months back, still he didn't remember anything.

I asked my other 3 friend who went to the show, and NONE of them had an recollection of going at all.

10 years have passed and I have talked to them several times individually to see if they were fucking with me because it was really really weird, and they honestly say they don't remember anything at all.

The band name was the Crush or the Crash or something
>>
I'm not an /x/ regular, nor am I sure if what has been happening to me is what you're explaining, but I figured I'd chip in anyway.

Basically, the last two or three years I've been getting regular moments of deja vu? Thing is, it just doesn't feel like what I associated with deja vu before - It's less of a feeling and more just a click that goes off in my head.

Recently I've been testing it to see if I really 'know' what's going to happen next or if it's just a sortof feeling or response, and it doesn't seem to be the latter at all - The most recent 'good' example being that I was at work, not doing much as the day was winding down and instead was talking to my friend on steam. That flash of 'this is going to happen now' happened and I knew the next three messages he was going to send me and lo and behold, he did.

For the record, they were rather vague - First message was a generic response (yeah, I agree) and the next two was regarding an unrelated topic that didn't tie into the conversation we were having currently, but like I said - I knew what was coming and basically waited for it to happen, and it did.

I have numerous examples of this happening - Sometimes I try and attribute it to stuff like, 'well, it's expected behaviour' etc, but other times it's just so foreign, I'm expecting completely unrelated occurrences and I know they are going to happen and they always do.

I think the best other example happened to me over a month ago, was listening to the radio and had that feeling come over me. Again though, it's weird - It's not like a voice saying, 'this song is going to play', it's more just a feeling of knowing - Anyway, I muttered the artist and title and that was the next song to start playing.

Figured I'd throw it out there. No idea, most likely just generic deja vu and it's not really something I can do anything about, has just been happening frequently last few years.
>>
>>14661895
>I think the best other example happened to me over a month ago, was listening to the radio and had that feeling come over me. Again though, it's weird - It's not like a voice saying, 'this song is going to play', it's more just a feeling of knowing - Anyway, I muttered the artist and title and that was the next song to start playing.
Occasionally when I'm listening to music on my phone, usually while playing vidya or running or cooking or something my mind is occupied by, I will just think of the next song that plays. It happens so often it's kinda freaking me out when I notice it. I always have it on shuffle, and I have 153 songs. It just seems more so creepily common now that I'm cognitive of it. I'll just be listening to a song, singing under my breath, and the song will be getting down to the end. As the last couple of notes are played, I will sometimes just start singing the next song to myself and it will show up. Happens maybe once a day or so.
I tell myself that I subconsciously make a game out of trying to guess the next song, and if I'm wrong I just don't consciously notice it and move on. In the end that's more plausible then me wing some sort of iPhone music shuffle wizard, so that's what I end up believing.
If you eat 100 skittles and 3 of them are actually M&M's, your perception of that bag of skittles will be that there were a shit ton of M&M's mixed in there.
TL;DR: It's probably just shit your mid does subconiously+observation bias.
>>
>>14661856
20 Minute Crash?

>>14661173
Describe the song as best you can. Station, genre, lyrics, instruments, male/female singer...
>>
>>14659877
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lCNZoi_eUE&feature=kp
>>
>>14661960
that's not the one I mean, like I said here. >>14661737
>>
>>14661668
Because it's wrong. Hitler surely didn't know about Lovecraft, but Lovecraft had an interest in Hitler. Sonia Greene wrote that Lovecraft read Mein Kampf in one sitting and she was mad at him for that. Lovecraft himself wrote that Hitler was a clown, but that he loved him.
>>
>>14662089
http://www.racialicious.com/2014/05/28/the-n-word-through-the-ages-the-madness-of-hp-lovecraft/
>>
Somewhat related.

http://woodbetweenworlds.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-berenstein-bears-we-are-living-in.html
>>
>>14659627
It sounds like you're talking abut Veggie Tales which are bible story cartoons for children where the characters are all vegetables.
>>
>>14659938
There's a book by AC clarke and stephen baxter called the light of other days where they invent wormhole cameras. there's a whole court scene where they talk about memory disturbances, called confabulation, where you make up old memories without even realizing it.
>>
>>14659877
>>14661737

One-T Cool-T The Magic Key
It's even the same video clip you are describing. Check yt.
>>
I always thought I dreamt that film while being drunk. But I remembered enough details to google them and this came out:

https://archive.org/details/JanSvankmajer-DeathOfStalinismInBohemia1990filmDetail
>>
>>14663076
thanks
>>
>>14663108
Full version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK6R6vtFJnU
>>
>>14661769
How can I trigger it to spaz out into long term? It's been so long since I've had deja vu and I need to feel it again.
>>
>childhood deja vus/memories
http://io9.com/5921310/how-to-give-people-the-feeling-of-deja-vu
>One way to create the sensation is simply to implant false memories in someone — a task that is surprisingly easy. There have been multiple experiments where, with just a little coaching, people will remember a specific memory of being lost in a mall as a child and found by a kindly old lady, despite their relatives confirming that that never happened. Other times, people have been convinced that they saw a person in a Bugs Bunny costume entertaining them during a childhood trip to Disneyland, despite Bugs not being a Disney character. People will remember all kinds of things, with a little prompting.
>>
>>14661222
i vaguely remember this too
>>
File: 1397925097831.png (185 KB, 456x480) Image search: [Google]
1397925097831.png
185 KB, 456x480
Three things for sure, but with some other memories that are iffy on whether they were just dreams or imaginations.

Either way, the first was that I had nearly drowned when I went on a vacation trip with my Aunt, Uncle, and sister. It was at a water park, and before I went under I remember the lifeguard yelling to get me out of the pool. I was rescued somehow and I distinctly remember waking up from complete blackness on the ground and choking up the water. My aunt commented on how pale I looked. No one seemed to care at all, either - it was just weird, I guess. After that, I just got up and we went onto the random water slides and shit, as if it all never even happened. I've never asked about it after that, mostly because it just sounds crazy to ask about something like that.

Earlier than that, when I was around 5 years old I fell off the wooden jungle gym in my backyard. I don't honestly remember how it came to it, but I do remember right during it and getting patched up by my mother afterwards. I remember the wind getting knocked out of me, and then seeing the huge scrape on my chest that I got from it. I've asked about this, but no one remembers. It might just be insignificant, honestly.

The last is of a person I knew in my old town before I moved. There was a girl I was apparently friends with since I was little, but I don't have any other memories of her other than her first name, and the last day I saw her (when I moved). We moved when I was 6, so this will sound stupid and corny as hell, but she gave me a farewell kiss and said she liked me. I remember my parents joking about this for days, and I was really tsun tsun about it. In high school I ended up meeting a girl with the same name, but I never found out if it was actually her. I asked my parents about it at the time but they had no idea who I was talking about.
>mfw at that point
>>
>>14658449
all the fucking time OP...all the fucking time
>>
File: abstract-feels.jpg (56 KB, 636x640) Image search: [Google]
abstract-feels.jpg
56 KB, 636x640
Eh, the brain makes shit up all the time.
>>
File: holyfug.jpg (76 KB, 723x657) Image search: [Google]
holyfug.jpg
76 KB, 723x657
I used to get deja vu all the fucking time growing up into my mid teens. Like something happens and you feel like you've gone through the exact motions of that scene before. Get this strong feeling that you predicted the future.. then it fades and you don't even really remember what it was. Pretty sure it's just a glitch in the brain as it's storing new memories in real time. Trippy though.
>>
File: IMG_4519.gif (3 MB, 480x271) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4519.gif
3 MB, 480x271
I remember an event that happened as a child. I was around five or six when it happened.

I went to the local(ish) grocery store with my mom. As we were getting out of the car, I slammed my thumb into the door. I remember being in the back seat behind the driver's seat (it was a small grey car) and gripping the door with a fist when I slammed it. There was blood everywhere and I remember my mom giving me a towel ( i think it was green) that she kept in the glove box and drove me to the hospital about ten mins away. We got admitted right away since it was clearly an emergency. And i even remember my mom telling me "Anon get back in bed! You're still bleeding!" when i tried to go to the bathroom that was connected to the room. I still laugh because I wasn't tall enough to reach the light switch and the reaching made the towel fall off and I got blood everywhere. I can't remember what happened after that.

My mom says it never happened. I remember it so clearly. I remember the blood, the pain, and the screaming.
>>
>>14665232
I even remember stepping on a fork and it went completely through my big toe (horizontally like across the toe). I remember why it happened too. I was around three and was already running by the time I was two years old. So i was running in the house in the dark (couldn't reach light switches and it was 3am hah) and i ran into the kitchen to get something to drink. BAM stepped on that fucking fork and i was a fat kid so there was enough force for it to be driven in. I stopped running and hopped over to the steps. I was in a daze, most likely shock, and I don't remember crying at all. Just yelling for my parents. They both came down and saw the fork. My dad grabbed a big metal mixing bowl form the kitchen and filled it with salt water and had me soak it while he tried to get it out. He managed to and we just stuck some bandages on there.

My mom doesn't remember that. And I haven't really talked to my dad since I was four so I couldnt bring it up.
>>
>>14665266
>>>/blog/
nobody gives a shit
>>
>>14665266
one more:

I was around four years old. Around the time my mom left my dad. He got mad one day and decided to take it out on our cat. He stomped on the cat and kicked it down the stairs. She was pregnant too. I was downstairs when it happened and the poor thing was spazzing out. Kind of like it was trying to run while lying on its side. And blood was coming out of every orifice on its body. It was super gross but it scarred me. I remember my mom being in the bathroom downstairs and screaming at my dad for being a dick and killing my cat.

Asked my mom about it years later and she told me "You never had a cat when we lived there. Your father is allergic." wtf last time I talked to him (about three years ago) I asked him if we ever had a cat when I was living with him. He said he hated cats and never got one for us since he was allergic.
>>
>>14661627
Bachelor Party you dumb shit faggot
>>
>remember listening a song like 8 years ago
>lyrics were funny as fuck
>tell my brother about it
>doesnt believe me
>actually find that song today

thank you based internet
>>
>>14661726
bump for this. Anyone?
>>
File: Propane.jpg (103 KB, 624x720) Image search: [Google]
Propane.jpg
103 KB, 624x720
I remember going to the park with my father once when I was young. I cannot remember why but my other siblings were not there. I spent the duration of my time there playing with two little red head kids, a brother and sister. My father's fat ass sat on the bench and watched until it was time to leave. When the time did come he called me over to him and told me to get in the car. I protested, asking him to let me say goodbye to the kids I had been playing with and he said "What kids?" and I turned around and no one was there. Bear in mind though that my father is a bit of a twisted man-child so it is possible that they just left and he was fucking with me.
>>
I remember watching this one-shot cartoon when I was younger, somewhere in the mid to late 90s I think. It was on either Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, part of one of those shows they used to have where they'd show short, one-shot cartoons that sometimes were turned into full series.

Anyway, it was about this little girl who was a compulsive liar. She lied about every little thing and hurt people and all that bullshit. Then she finds a tiny monster in her room that explains it was born from her lies. She keeps lying and it gets bigger and bigger until it gets huge and tries to eat her. There's this scary, dramatic scene where she tries to avoid getting eaten. Then she tells the truth. The monster shrinks a bit. Then she runs out of her room and confesses a bunch of her lies to her mom and they make up. It ends with the monster being really tiny and the main girl stepping on it as she walks out the front door with her mom to get ice cream or some shit.

I only saw it once but I can't remember what network it was on or what show it was a part of. Anyone else remember this thing?
>>
>>14658449
sheet this stuff is interesting /x
hadn't heard about the mandela effect until this thread
here are some others from that blog;
http://mandelaeffectDOTcomSLASHmajor-memories
>shame i don't have any memories of stuff the main stream don't remember. sure i had loads as when i was younger but am old fag now and society quietened my inquisitiveness
>>
>>14658449
yeah i had that with a narnia film i watched in school.
>>
File: MothrasRevenge.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
MothrasRevenge.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>14658449
I've always wondered if those are just memories from the power of quantum immortality.

It'd be pretty crazy if it was.
>>
back around mid 2007 there was an advertisement for an indoor garden hydroponic system that was supposed to have been the result of years of studying the effects of led lights on plants
was supposed to be able to grow various garden produce quickly
it had a website with a name that went something like tryagarden.com

had the inventor on the tv hyping it up

the ran that informercial for several months and i thought i would check it out later

when i got around to looking for it there was no mention of it anywhere

wtf
>>
>>14666377
>tryagarden.com
i just checked the site and there is some crap on the page now
but there was nothing there when i checkd it years ago and it was nothing like the crap on that website now
>>
>>14666377
i remember a ton of shit like this, as would be expected of infomercial products. there were little pot-sized units as well meant to be an indoor herb garden to sit in the kitchen. of course really i don't think they were kidding anyone it was for marijuana, which might have been why the boom eventually faded.
>>
>>14658449
Yep.

I also, hear vivid, intricate songs with actual lyrics in my dreams that may as well be real but don't actually exist.
>>
Back from when I was a kid, I remember in my grandparent's house there was a room where my grandfather worked. The door had a handle attached so that I couldn't reach it from ground.
Now they don't live there anymore and when I asked my mother about it she says there was no doorhandles out of order.

Also, I remember talking some things over with my friends, but when I try to bring up the subjects they look like we haven't talked about that at all. There are several talks i "had" this way. Not sure if those fake memories are me talking to them telepathicaly, talking to them in parallel universe, or my subconsciousness making stuff up from what I know/imagine about them.
>>
>>14666543
definitely a mix of tlepathy and that parallel universe stuff!
>>
>>14661333
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx47qrH1GRs&feature=kp
>>
>>14659682
Depending on how old you were, it could have been a number of movies. Don't know about the scene specifically, but maybe watching stuff like Hocus Pocus, The Witches of Eastwick or Roald Dahl's Witches might jog your memory. Even if not, they're all pretty decent movies. If you have anymore questions, let me know, I watched a lot of this kind of stuff when I was a kid.
>>
>>14666662
Yeah, I like to think this way too.
Especially because most times my knowledge from these 'fake' memories is true.
>>
I remember watching a music video as a kid where these children find a naval mine on a beach and they play with it until it explodes and kills them. I've looked for it since on google but couldn't find anything.

I also watched some whacked out safety video in high school where a drunk dude pours lighter fluid onto a barbecue and engulfs his entire body in flames. I know I definitely am not making this up, because other friends remember watching it, but I haven't been able to find that either, and people will post the most random shit on youtube these days. It's rare that you won't be able to find something.

Eh, not paranormal. But maybe somebody will recognize it.
>>
File: image.jpg (526 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
526 KB, 1536x2048
I've got a pretty spooby one here, I promise I'm not bullshitting.

>When I was around 4-5 I absolutely definitely had a friend called Nicole, but everyone I knew at that time denies her existence. She and I always played out in my back yard. She lived up my road in a house on the corner and my friend Sam (who does exist, saw him today) was with us most of this time. Now he and my mother both say that there was no girl and it was just me and Sam. Her house is owned by some black family and she's not in any old photos. I know for sure that she's real and have extremely vivid memories of going to church with her and building Lego with only red bricks.

>I also can't find her on Facebook or on any other social networks.

>>14661183
I've got thousands of these tiny snippets of memory that only contain really brief and vague details like that.
>>
There's this song that I swore was on Pokemon when I was older but it's not on the OST. It was really quiet and relaxed I think it was bells and a violin cuts in at some point. The more I think about it it may have been from Courage the Cowardly Dog but I can't find it. I want to so bad because it was a beautiful song.
>>
ibremember playing ps2 too long and tripping everything is sliding to the left breety fast, i was still trying to lvl up on headhunter, high speed on motorcycle was needed, i did it, fell from the chair, got dragged up by something, into something, somewhere. then i saw my mom doing weird stuff with 5 man and dad watching aside
>>
I remember "business" was spelled as "buisness". I remember googling it to check the spelling and there it was, and then one day I checked it again and it wasn't like that anymore
>>
>>14666291
I remember something like that going on in Powerpuff Girls
>>
>>14666946
Maybe you have intermittent dyslexia?
>>
>>14658584
Maybe JIm Henson's Storyteller?
>>
>>14659557
Did they sing a song called "Mesozoic Mind"?
>>
i remember that diet pepsi used to have calories, just not as many as regular, and then all of a sudden it had none.
>>
>>14666934
Is it this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9fqKUZ5cp0
>>
>>14667338
You know, I don't remember ever thinking that but there are a couple of people who were shocked when I told them that diet sodas not only have no calories, they also contain no sugar.
>>
File: 1366044019922.png (9 KB, 777x777) Image search: [Google]
1366044019922.png
9 KB, 777x777
>>14658449
you mean this fucking thing, don't you OP? looked everywhere for this shit
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 737x767) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 737x767
>>14658449
Making this thread actually made this memory come back. Thanks, I guess.

When I was between the age of 2-7 (when I still lived in New York), I had a "memory" of a game I would play on my dad's old 98 computer.
We had snood, some maze game, 3d pinball, etc. But, as a child I often played this game called "fingers" or "thumbs" the name will make sense later. I really only played this game alone, but occasionally had my dad nearby. I digress, this game had a PAC-man like style to the board. It was maze like, and an overhead view. You had two sprites a male and a female (the names escape me), and the goal was to collect keys to unlock the levels door to progress through to the next level. The main enemy were these little fingers, the size of the finger means the severity and speed of enemy. Cont? It gets kind of creepy.
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 489x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 489x850
>>14667595
Pic is a pic I drew in paint as a child, it pertains to the story.
>>
>>14667595
sounds spoopy, do continue
>>
>>14667595
Zeek the Geek?
>>
>>14667595
>Cont? It gets kind of creepy

you are on /x/, thats what we about

im interested in reading more
>>
>>14667595
Cont.
If the finger was a middle finger, it was slower, but killed in one hit, pinky was faster than you, but was weak as shit. The female character could use a "stealth" like thing and was fast, but had no weapons. The male had no stealth, so he was seen from down any hallway (remember the map is a pacman thing), but he had lasers that could kill enemies. The fingers could only hit melee, and didn't actually kill you, the arrested you. If you failed on the early missions, there was a pixelated drawing of the two in a jail cell, with the fingers all looking at them. As the levels progressed, the maze became longer, there were more enemies, and the started getting armor. Also, bosses started to appear, the first few just bring hands. Also, I started to notice as the level progressed the "jail" picture was more and more gruesome. The first one was as mentioned. The second one, the guy had a cast on, and the woman was bleeding, the third had the same people, but the fingers were reaching into the jail cell. The fourth mission is when things started getting weird. The fingers started being more realistic, and noises started occurring. I also noticed that the first person to be caught would fall down, scream, and get swarmed. Once this happened, the second character when stopped would look as if they started crying. And there faces would have blue tear streaks on their face.
>>
I remember I knew the entire plot of the last episode of King of the Hill like a year before it aired.
>>
>>14667681
Once the second person was captured, the fingers would swarm, too, but they would then back off, and show a bloody mess that was your second character. Then the jail scene appeared, and fuck. This literally freaked me out so much as a kid I cried. The first person who was swarmed was in the background outside of the jail cell, being dragged away with a blood streak behind them. The second person (it was the man for me), was sitting up in a corner, crying hard, with blood coming heavily from his face arms, and legs. This put me off for a few days, but as a stupid kid, I cAme back. Continuing after this one, just cut it a bit short, since I didn't say I would in the last part.
>>
>>14658449
Dude, I have a very distinct memory of having the first two episodes of a mecha anime that I've never since been able to track down. I was 13 years old (this would have been in 2002) and staying the night at a relative's, who had premium cable.

The anime featured two types of mecha, Modular Frames, which could be loaded out with different configurations for versatility but were structurally vulnerable, and Dedicated Frames, which couldn't be reconfigured but were way more durable, and generally more powerful. I remember it used that exact terminology.

Never been able to find a trace of it.
>>
Actually for the last year I've been wondering if this show even existed that I've had flashbacks from. It was a tv show maybe 10+ years back from Australia (don't know how I remember, can't remember the characters or their speech) which was about these maybe 25 year old guys and girls lives. I remember there was always summer there and there were maybe 3-5 guys and same amount of girls in the show and they partied and shit. Maybe I remember it because it was a whole new concept for a boy of my age. Must've been somehow famous show since it aired in Finland.
>>
>>14667716
After returning, I beat the third level for the first time, and advanced to the fourth. It started off with an animation of the two running, hands held, away from a horde of fingers. The thing that stood out, was that there was one HUGE thumb in the very back that wasn't running towards the pair, but was just watching. This mission was by far the hardest. It started out with an instant attack, no time to plan, and the map was a straight hallway. As the map appeared a text box appeared at the top. This was the first time the two people spoke in the game.

Female: "I'm scared"
Male: I don't remember his line, it was something along the lines of "me too"
Then a text box appeared that said "escape"

I of course started to run, with both characters. As the enemies got closer, I tried to fire with the males gun, but I realized he had none. Then another box appeared "no fighting. Run."

Cont.
>>
File: 1968_2001 Space Odyssey_11.jpg (302 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
1968_2001 Space Odyssey_11.jpg
302 KB, 1049x1500
>>14659557
>It was people in costumes and a real set that looked like a child's version of a prehistoric civilization.
>>
>>14659760
Hey, I've seen those. They used to sell them at Spencer's Gifts. And possibly other retailers, around Halloween.
>>
As weird and stupid as it sounds, I dreamed the first part of Act 1 of Diablo 3 before it was even announced to be in development by Blizzard.
>>
I constantly have moments where I get de ja vu and it will continue for about 5 minutes, and I swear that I'm predicting everything that happens in those 5 mins, like it all fits.

But I also once had de ja vu in the exact place I'd had de ja vu before (had it from looking at the same sign) and thus got de ja vu of having de ja vu and got stuck in some weird cycle for what felt like a few minutes.
>>
>>14667752
Not much else eventful happened, I realized if one of your characters got caught, and one escaped, the next mission would only have that one person. I of course played it until both escaped. I never saw the jail picture for this map, and I'm kind of glad. Sadly, the next mission was the last one I ever played, because I got too scared.

The next map was a prison, full of cells. The first thing that occurred was a text box that said "you shouldn't be here", but no enemies appeared. As I walked my characters down the hall, you could approach cells and activate them, opening to show either dead people, empty, people who would just flee, and the occasional sane person who would speak to you. Most of them said "get out", or "they killed so many". As i progressed through the mission, it became more and more morbid. Dead bodies piled, blood on the floor, and bloody scribbles that, I guess, was writing. Around the end of the mission, an ungodly amount of enemies appeared, along with that thumb. As the attacked, they killed the girl first, since I was too slow to activate stealth, leaving her defenseless. Then they jumped the guy attacking him. After he was beaten it becomes a bit hazy. The jail scene appeared, and fuck, that still gives me the fucking shakes.

Cont.
>>
>>14667809
The jail scene had a bloody pulp in the background with fingers all around it dancing. I guess this was the girl. After looking away form it, I saw the man, standing in the middle of the room, staring at me. It scared the piss out of me, and I screamed like any 5 year old would. He said "this is your fault, all of this, why did you do this, Ryan" he said my name. He fucking said it. It could have figured it out by my account that I was logged into on windows 98, I don't know. Then the still picture started moving, the thumb entered, picked up the man who started crying, then squished him like a bug. The thumb turned to me, and said "you're next, Ryan." I noped, turned off the computer, and don't remember anything for a week or so.

Cont. with the after story.
>>
>>14667112
>>14666291
Yep, sounds like the Powerpuff Girls episode Lying Around the House.
>>
>>14667362
No unfortunately. That's the song people commonly point me to though. The song I'm thinking of was a lot simpler. No piano or extra instruments just the bells. It was less somber too just sort of peaceful.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 1024x768
>>14667844
The next complete memory I have after this was a few days before I moved. I had just woken up, it was a nice day, around 10 am. I walked out groggily to my dad, and asked where our computer was. "I sold it to mister and misses Jaxson next door." I of course was sad, since all my games were gone, but also relieved since IT was gone. Skip to when I was about 10. I asked my dad something along the lines of "do you remember that game with the fingers". He said " I have no clue, buddy." Trying to sound sincere, but clearly didn't care. Still to this day, I have no clue at all as to what that was. I ask my dad occasionally now, when I visit him, but he still has no clue and chalks it up as my childhood imagination. I silently agree, but know deep down it was real. It had to be. This is the first time I've ever told the story In its full. I guess to get it off my chest? Maybe. My only word of advice is to not play any games with fingers. Thanks for listening, if anyone has.

Oh and that pic in my first post, as ,>>14667632 said, was zeek the geek, lol. I wanted to see if anyone would get it.
>>
>>14667888

i listened, neat story
>>
Uh huh.

You guys remember the Sega Saturn game Mr Bones?

I have vague memories of seeing some kind of music video for it one Saturday morning on Fox Kids. But try as I might, I have never found it again.
>>
I remember this one time on some Spanish news network (I don't speak it so I've no idea what was going on) there was a lady crying hysterically and the screen cut to people dragging out what looked to be grey mush in large plastic bags. It was really freaky and to this day I can't find a record of it.
>>
I remember this one show with puppets like
they were really ugly and tried to be realistic but god. I didn't know how to change the channel so I was forced to watch it. There was like, a cat and a dog and a raccoon I think??

also this other show called "Max the Cat" which I am 100% is/was a real show about an orange cat that travelled around the world and it just kinda looked like a storybook that with narration but I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>14659627
Are you talking about Veggie Tales?
>>
>>14667982
Forgot to add that the bags were being carried out of a hospital
>>
>>14667983
Could the second be The Busy World of Richard Scarry?
>>
>>14659627
I SAW THIS TOO
>>
Once when i was in 6th grade our class was ready to take a math test and i had sworn i had taken it before, and i began to fill in answers without even reading the question fully because i remembered the answer. My teacher then called me after class to yell at me for cheating because i didnt show any work and i got everything right.
>>
Honestly this kind of shit gets to me more than most ghost stories or things like that. Just something about realizing how faulty and worthless your senses and memory actually are is pretty terrifying.

I remember vividly having a conversation with my mother when I was young about how some people eat grasshoppers as snacks, and how her mother had bought a bag when she was younger and told my mom she'd get a dollar if she ate one, which she did. A couple years back I got the chance to try some, and remarked about it to my mom, who claims not only to never have eaten one, but to not know anyone personally that has. Nothing life-changing, but a bizarre thing for her to forget or for me to misremember so detailed.

I also remember watching a show on TV once when young, no idea what it was about, but this small portion I caught was about aliens or monsters or something stealing people's bodies and going about their lives in their skin. All I remember was it was a sort of office setting, and a woman who worked with the main character (a guy I think) walked in and smiled, but as she passed through the sunlight he could suddenly see through her like when you put a light to your finger, except she was opaque white all the way through with red and blue veins all around her silhouette, until she stepped out of the light and returned to normal. I don't even really know how to go about finding out what show it was, but it scared the shit out of me and coupled with my delusional-level OCD as a child I legitimately feared it was real. Dunno if this sounds remotely familiar to anyone.

There were a lot of weird things that happened to me as a kid in the old house that my parents can remember me reacting to (I kept my closet shut always, and I slept with the light on during the night for a year or two) but they don't recall happening at all, though I think in general kids can have imaginations so wild they seem vividly real. Those don't really belong in this thread though.
>>
My brother described this weird deja vu like thing that happened to him quite a while ago, where he had the deja vu feeling (that he had seen the events before even though he was sure that he had not), but it lasted extremely long, and at some point, his memories that he was sure he couldn't have had acquired started disagreeing with the actual events, like there was some stranger who was supposed to turn right, but he didn't in actuality. And then, after a while, it just ended.
>>
File: bosch-garden.jpg (137 KB, 595x792) Image search: [Google]
bosch-garden.jpg
137 KB, 595x792
I'm not sure if this exactly counts, but I once watched this very weird video - seemed to be based on various pieces of art being animated. It was like following this one guy going from one scary situation to another. I remember one specific scene from it involved a creature in the "Hell" section of Garden of Earthly Delights, by Hieronymous Bosch (pic included, the weird creature eating a person is the one in the video). It also sort of had a nightmarish feel to it. I've searched for this video so many times in the past 4 years or so, but no matter what, I can't seem to find it. I've posted online before, and no one else seems to have heard of it.
>>
I remember back in, maybe around 2004 I had this little booklet at home with adds for mobile games, and among them was this vampire game. The description said that you play as a vampire, wake up in a crypt, break out and than have the whole city at your disposal, the way they described it sounded like you were really powerful and not evil at all, but still have the ability to do bad things. I really wanted to play it but I had a shitty phone and couldn't download it. I was so intrigued and really wanted to play that game. After some years I found out about the pc game Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, and it came out around that time so I figured it was a mobile version, but I can't find anything similar to this, no mobile Bloodlines game, nor any mobile vampire game that sounds like this.
I also have something else I've been looking for, when I was really little, at my grandparents home, we watched a movie about what I guess was Dante's Inferno, and it had this one scene that made me cry, the main character walked in a cave and there were two bald men, one of them was eating the other guys head, it was very gruesome and bloody. I can't find this movie with this scene anywhere.
I'd really appreciate if anyone knows anything about any of this.
>>
>>14668281
dat ass flute
>>
One time my boyfriend rolled a joint, and he set it on the table right next to us so he could walk over to the computer and hit play on the movie we were about to watch.
I had watched him walk over to the computer and come sit down next to me, and when he went to grab the joint it was fucking gone.
Like straight up disappeared off the face of the earth. We spent two hours looking for it, moving ever single piece of furniture in the living room into a different room. We never found it.
It just blew our minds that it literally vanished like that. Pretty pissed too.
>>
My supervisor at Long John Silvers plunged her uncovered arms past elbow depth into a bucket of cole slaw. I think she was putting something into the slaw. The next day I mentioned it at the end of the shift and she looked really weirdly at me. Nobody else could remember it happened. I never talked about it afterwards.
>>
>>14658449
I'm glad you started this thread.
I usually have déjà vu sensations regarding books, movies and series, places and life situations in general, all of them real.
However, for as long as I can remember there have been in the back of my head several dreamlike locations I don't recall dreaming about, and obviously I have never visited.
Among all those places, the most vivid ones are these:
>A megalithic city surrounded by huge, white walls
>A steampunk-looking city with great zeppelin-like airships that is under some sort of oppressive dictatorship.
>A luxurious flat in a great metropolis with soaring skyscrapers
>A vast system of tunnels in a praire environment

It is hard to explain, but they don't feel like real experiences, not like dreams either, so to speak I feel like they are a predetermined part of my mind.
>>
>>14661726
Bumping this one.
>>
>>14668410
Also I recall two imaginary friends from my early childhood.
They were a married couple of creatures that lived under my bed: the female had huge eyes with long eyelashes, big, red lips and was covered in purple fur, and the male was noticeably smaller, covered in short brown fur and had a triangle-shaped nose.
I know that I didn't make them up, and they looked like something out of the Muppets or Sesame Street, but they aren't present on any of them. Any ideas?
>>
>>14668535
This, maybe? http://www.minijuegos.com/juego/aliens
>>
>>14667595
I remember playing a (flash?) game that was mechanically similar. Probably a different game, though, since I don't remember any spooky shit or fingers, though I don't remember its name either.
>>
>>14659959
Oh god what the fuck pls no
>Berenstain Bears
this was never a thing
ever
>>
>>14668384
Are you sure one of you didn't smoke it?
>>
I have a vivid memory of riding on a train and there were protesters outside the train dressed as clowns, setting off either bombs or fireworks. It was not a dream.
>>
>>14668622
R u srs? I had a memory really similar to this, but it was a road train in new york where I grew up. Did you grow up in New York?
>>
>>14667888

Ya thanks for posting. Great story. Can't help you with if that game existed tho
>>
I have a couple of these.

First, I was like 4, and I had this CD with some kid's songs on it and I remember there being one track that I really hated, it was track 5, and I always skipped it because I hated it so much. And then, one day, the song is suddenly track 4 (and it still is, and there is no record of it ever being anything else. Naturally). I remember being 100% sure that it had been track 5 before. In fact, I seriously believed that randomly changing the order of songs is normal behavior for CDs for a good long while because of this.

In the other one, I was 5 I think. There was a movie we had on VHS that I liked, and one day when I was home alone watching it (which sounds a little weird now that I mention it, maybe there was someone else home but at least I was unsupervised), suddenly there was a video of some creatures that were basically skeletons that had skin dancing in the middle of that movie and I found it very uncomfortable to watch, so I stopped. Later, in a similar situation, I watched it again and it still had that creepy video there. But now it doesn't. And again, there is nothing to indicate that it ever was there, but I remember being creeped out by those damn skin-skeleton creatures twice and one of those times I remember very clearly (I vaguely remember that there was another time but that isn't as clear, I actually think I just remember thinking that the one time I remember was already the second).

I actually never thought anything much of these, but now that I think of it, this is fucking scary. CDs don't just randomly change the order of their songs on their own, and even if someone accidentally recorded a creepy video over a movie on a VHS, you can't just get the overwritten material back. At which point did I acquire these false memories and how and why? How many of my other memories are false, too?
>>
me personally, yes our minds are a jumble of memories and sometimes gets it wrong, but I also firmly believe that the universe isn't solid and sometimes slips
>>
>>14668556
Thanks, but no. Like I said it was an atmospheric adventure game with a lot of text. No action to speak of, as far as I can remember. Funnily enough, finding that game a couple weeks ago is what reminded me of it.
>>
I remember watching a music video on MTV years ago with my sis. In the video there was some white guy who had dreads and was dressed in a jumpsuit (?) and he was being bullied in school by the jocks and was eventually drowned by them. I can't remember if he lived it or not. It was maybe a korn or slipknot song but my sister has no recollection
>>
>>14668802
definitely korn, clown i think
>>
>>14658449
I have one of these, just something I could nver find again, and also a story about how plastic memory can actually be.

First, what I cannot track down.

I used to watch a lot of PBS and ETV what I was a kid. I was always a night owl and having had my parents divorce when I was young just made it that much easier to stay up undetected.

Mainly I watched ETV because they had some really weird stuff on at night. Old Twilight Zone episodes, Read All About It, and stuff like Outerscope. The shows were usually sort of creepy but in that "Kid born in 1982 watching weird 60's70's stuff" and not that there was something off about them.

Anyhow, there was this little show of a bunch of shorts that had some cartoon, some live action. It was interesting, and it was newer too, probably late 80's.

Anyhow, as one segment ended the screen went dark and a plastic baby, hanging by twisted phone cords with bloody cuts all over it's body appeared.

At the bottom of the screen it said "1-900-CUT-BABY) and played a weird organ music. No voice, no movement, just this faded in to the screen, lasted for WAY too long, and faded out and the next segment started.

Two segments later some words popped onto the screen.

"We understand that we may have offended some viewers with the 1-900-CUT-BABY segment. We offer the following as an apology."

Their apology?

They fucking ran it again.

I was terrified, but my response to being scared by things on the television, especially at night, was to freeze up and watch it. I suppose that's some leftover animal instinct. If I move it might make it chase me, and I have to watch it to make sure it isn't coming at me.

Now, as an adult, I get the joke and I think it's pretty funny. I'd lov to find that show again, but as a kid it scared the beejeepers out of me.

The only other segment I rmember was a little animation talking about life in the future, and your recreation and stuff. "A day in the life" sort of thing

(COnt)
>>
>>14668915
Part of the future cartoon bit had him jumping into a recreation pool with other people, ad they splashed around as the camera panned away. The narrator explained what the thing was called. Something like Sensory Experience something, and the initials spelt out S.E.X. on the screen.

So that's that. I've tried searching Cut Baby and all I find is some jackass going on about how me misses the way Subway restaurants used to cut their bread.

Second story about the plasticity of memory coming up.
>>
When I was about three I used to have a craft book that was from a show I liked. Turns out the first episode aired a few years later than I thought it did. My mom remembers the book but claims It must have been lost in a move. I still wonder where the hell that book went.
>>
>>14658449
Not necessarily paranormal, but my grandmother had a huge box of old sixties and seventies Mad Magazines and some comic books. I used to reread them EVERY. TIME. I. VISITED HER. even though I'd read them all a thousand times. Anyway, there was, I remember very clearly, a Wonder Woman comic called Wonder Woman Battles The Elements. And there were four women: Earth, Air, Water and Fire. They had cool costumes and she had to fight each one. I've been looking for it online, any mention of it ever and I can't find it anywhere.
>>
A creepypasta about a wolf called old rorshak or something where he terrorized a bunch of towns and eventually got cornered by hunters, injured, then pulled himself to some rock with a shittin of dead wolves.
>>
i vividly remember putting my hand in the organs of an live person. i remember the smells and the texture, and the immense heat coming from the body and my hands covered in blood. This obviously could of never happened but for some reason i remember it so clearly. Maybe i was a surgeon in a past life or something.
>>
>>14668925
So, when I was about 15-16 (I remember as I wasn't driving yet) I was at a friend's house for the weekend. We got to talking a bit about old Saturday morning cartoons that we had enjoyed as kids.

I told him I remembered one on ABC that started off with a bunch of kids with picket signs walking circles around a treehouse chanting "Kalabra Jot! Kalabrat Jot!"

Then in side the treehouse was a giant green caterpillar that looked much like the one from Alice in Wonderland. As he spoke to the audience he would sometimes tell us that we could contact him at "Dot Dot Jubba Dot Dot" and these real human hands in white gloves would make a weird liquid flapping sound at the bottom of the screen and write messages.

(Cont)
>>
One thing that has bothered me is that New Zealand is on the wrong spot on the map. I dont know when this changed but it cant have been too many years ago. I know a lot of other people have noticed this as well. Look it up on google and see if it seems wrong to you.
>>
>>14668960
He remembered it too and we'd talk about it on and off for years. Once I was out on my own it would pop up into my head and I'd spend hours looking it up online. "Kolabra jot, kolabra jot" I tried spelling it different ways, I tried looking through a list of every ABC animated series from that time and never found anything.

I'd forget about it and months or a year later it would pop up into me head and I would look again.

I didn't find out what the show actually was until about 12 years later.

Here it is, and you can see how insanely off my memories were.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LrGVfE23CI

It's Called "The Wright Channel".
>>
>>14667983
http://www.bcdb.com/cartoon_story/71102-Max_The_Cat.html
http://www.delphisfilms.com/4-productions.php?xlang=fr&xmode=8&xid=131&xtri=1
I saw it too on treehouse years ago, was very cute, trying to find a video of it as well, but above link is proof it existed anyways!
>>
>>14668975
Yeah, it's Southeast of Australia when it should be far Northeast of Australia.
>>
I remember in second grade learning that native Americans smoked tobacco out of a special double stemmed nose pipe but nobody believes me.
>>
>>14661924

I've noticed that the iPod shuffle function isn't really so shuffled. I think it generates a shuffle list dependent on the song you start shuffle on. I've noticed several times that the same songs will play in a row if I don't change what's on my phone.
>>
As a kid, I remember several times dreaming of events that later happened. I can't remember all of them, but I do remember one specifically.

I walk up a brown wooden staircase with close walls that were a tannish brown color. There was one of those cheap wooden banisters on the right. The door at the top was a cheap wooden one with a brass knob on the left. As I walk up and open the door, I enter a room with a very specific light on the wall: a replica of an old street lamp. The light is turned on and I walk into the room, seeing a couch on the left, a small chair underneath the lamp, and a book shelf full of kids toys on the right. It's the that I notice two friends of mine are with me, a brother and sister who lived near my dad who I played with often. The boy then pulled the game crossfire from the shelf and we started playing it.

Three days after having that dream, I visited my friends' house for the first time, and that is exactly what happened. I had never been there before and yet everything was exactly as I saw in my dream.

We even played crossfire.
>>
There was a book I really liked, about twin siblings, a boy and a girl I think, and there was something far off in the desert (like a sphere or something?) calling them to it. Also there was a big shaggy dog, I think.

Can't find anybody who knows what it was called, thus far.
>>
>>14661769
There are times I feel déjà vu and I can predict what will happen - at least after déjà vu I have the vivid memory of remembering (hope this makes sense) what would happen. Is this just very predictable events? Or my ability to pick up on fine details and make accurate predictions subconsciously? Or is my brain fucking up the perception of time and the order in which I experience things?
>>
>>14661895
>>14661924
Can you create some sort of physical proof that you predicted these things before they happened? You need to find some way to prove to yourself that you didn't subconsciously revise your own memory to implant the idea you were predicting things when really you weren't.
>>
>>14658449
Sometimes I have dreams that are so vivid I end up remembering them as if they were videos instead. And since perception of time is crappy when sleeping, I end up remembering these as if they were films/games I watched/played a long time ago. At least that's my theory.
>>
>>14663388
damn
>>
>>14665281
shit dude those are fucked up memories to make up in your head so you should probably worry
>>
There's a space opera I remember watching years ago but I just can't find it anywhere. I don't even remember the name but I think it was Australian.
It was about, I think, some young people in space? Teenagers or something. There were wormholes too. And a holodeck type room with a beach.
It's been bothering me for a long time but I just can't seem to find any trace that it ever existed.
>>
>>14671641
Also, I know it sounds a lot like Farscape, but I know it wasn't Farscape. None of the main actors on the show I watched wore alien costumes or anything.
Maybe I did hallucinate it.
>>
>>14668296
Are you sure the game you're describing wasn't a ps1 game? Because the plot is similar to the first nightmare creatures, where the zombie vampire mummy thing you play as is the lesser "evil" of all the shit that got summoned to the city
>>
I remember this old DOS game. It was a maze and you started with a knife. Using a latter to get to the second level and you could find a gun. I remember it being scary as fuck,
>>
I remember driving really fast at night down a highway, in a car from the 70's while expertly manouvring between other cars.
Thing is neither I nor family or friends own such a car.
And I can not drive.
>>
>>14658449
Fuck I had this but I can't remember when or what.
>>
File: 1369673580784.jpg (74 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1369673580784.jpg
74 KB, 500x385
Help me find this game /x/.

I remember my uncle used to play this one PS1 or Dreamcast game where the protagonist was this girl with short blonde hair who hunted aliens or mutants or something, i dont remember what they were, but you started on a desert and then ended up in some kind of moon base or laboratory, i remember this game because the plot was like, really fucked up, small baby flies were enemies, one of the bosses was this giant dog thing that chases you and had a vacuum on its mouth and if you didnt outrun it or shot him enough he would eventually eat or stomp you, crunching/splashing sounds and all.

Then there was this other boss that was a some sort of giant thing that made baby noises, and if you shot him enough in the belly or head or arms they would FALL OFF, it also spat acid or something like that, in that same place just a little before you entered the boss room there were these enemies that were like little babies that had an horrible laugh, and if you stepped on them they exploded.

This was in 1995-1997 i think, it was definitely in 199X something, i was 9 years old at the time and i was scared shitless of that game, i want to replay this game because thanks to the girl of that game i discovered masturbation kek.

Asked my uncle and he told me all the games he used to play were PS1 games: Resident Evil 1-3, Dino Crisis 1-2, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark, Hercules, Jersey Devil, Bugs@Taz, Sheep Dog n Wolf, Darkstalkers, none of these are like the game i remember he used to play.
>>
>>14661769
Pretty frequently, I get deja vu that occurs exactly as a dream did days, months or years before the actual event happens. That is to say, i've finished people's sentences or changed my own sentences in a conversation because I already knew the full content of what was going to be said. I had already dreamed it. It really creeps people out. Understandably of course. It makes them feel as though their life is planned out
>>
>>14671906
Sounds like Parasite Eve to me.
>>
>>14671906
Yeah that's Parasite Eve, son. Long live PS1.
>>
>>14672166
Now that I'm looking, it's Parasite Eve 2 that's being described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1gnYRbbuM

I really liked it as a kid. Similarities with Silent Hill and Resident Evil.
>>
>>14671641
Earth Star Voyager perhaps?
>>
>>14661227
Yes. Yes it was. You can watch parts on YouTube.
>>
I remember a fucking game about vampires and shit

It started off at like an airport or something,and you were in the entrance (everything was in black and white) I can't really remember much but there was a sports store that had golf clubs and a guy who sold tickets (not sure) and a janitor.

It was really creepy and I want to play it so bad.

Please,help.
>>
>>14666517

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

This happens to me. Every. Fucking. Day. If i try to focus on the song it simply dissapears (i hear them when i'm ALMOST asleep but not completely). It freaks me out, those songs definitely don't exist.
>>
>>14665281
Your parents may have come up with something to tell you.
>>
I remember a cartoon when I was little about a woman that turned people into donkeys by feeding them pancakes. I for the life of me can't find it
>>
/b/, i really need help

There was this game i played when i was 4~7 i think, it was on my dad's computer and it was called "Murder K", i played it A LOT but i never managed to go through the first levels, i would usually play the same first levels again and again.

I only remember a scene where your character (was like a black humanoid with long head i think) was running through a hall, then you had to jump over some kind of wall and after that i can't remember anything.

I asked my dad if he remembered the game and he said he doesn't knows what the fuck i am talking about
>>
I regularly have dreams that I believe to be continuations of dreams I've had before (like a new episode of a tv show), but when I wake up I realize it was actually the first time I've dreamt about them.
>>
Op again, I'm honestly surprised and happy the thread is still alive, you guys all have some really interesting stories. anyways, since this seems to have become a thing where people ask for help finding said lost shows/games, I would like to see if anyone here can remember having seen the one I described in one of my earlier posts. the two protagonists were like 10 year old kids, a boy and a girl, and in the intro they were like holding hands and walking out of some super brown ugly ass attic and into the sky and some kind of thing like the THX VWEEEE noise would play only made from different instruments, like it was some sort of inspirational thing that was supposed to sound like ascension. anyways, I think they both had brown hair, although maybe the girl was blond. I remember in one of the episodes the boy meets some huge guy who kind of looked like hagrid but he was like, a swamp fisherman and he saved the boy from some huge ass spiny fish, of which you were only shown the fins. It seemed to have a pretty low-ish budget. there was also some kind of like were-wolf chick or something who I think fed the kid his own flesh or something at some point to heal his ass, and some crazy elven thief guy. I think at some point before all that the boy got separated from the girl who ended up with some kind of evil queen or something who she doesnt know is evil but she lives in a really pointy castle. thats pretty much all I can remember, I was 3 or 4 at the time so I'm surprised I even recall this much. also, I got it on vhs, so it would be pretty old now. anyone remember seeing a show like this?
>>
>>14672327
OP again, I have no idea what cartoon you are talking about but this sounds really great, I hope you find this because I would really like to see this shit.
>>
>>14672352
OP again, I've had this happen too, its really weird. like I can remember what happened in the previous dreams really clearly, but I can't remember ever actually having dreamed them. like I dreamed about having dreamed about something.
>>
>>14672349
Op again, this is /x/, but we'll help you as much as we can nonetheless. I have no information on this game, but I would quite like to play it, it sounds great.
ugh, I'm just gonna change my name to OP
>>
>>14672392

Many people asked for games, i thought i could do it too...
>>
>>14672406
You can, I was just saying I have no clue what it is.
I only said this is /x/ because you said "/b/, I really need your help"
>>
>>14672423

... i'm not on drugs and i swear i wrote /x/, i even checked it

i've been feeling weird lately...
>>
>>14672441
well, /x/ is basically the crazy cage, so we wont discriminate.
>>
>>14671641
Space Cases or Case?
>>
Remember a movie that I watched frequently as a kid. There was a dummy that would speak to this boy and would try to convince him to do terrible things. Thrre was a door in.. a cellar maybe? It ended up turning into some kind of vampire thing and his family ended up burning it. It was long before Goosebumps.
>>
>>14658449
i could have sworn there was a jack skellington movie made before "the nightmare before christmas."

i remember seeing the "first" one and thinking "the nightmare before christmas" was a sequel. unfortunately, i cannot find any trace of such a movie existing
>>
>>14659682
pretty sure thats roal dahls 'Witches'
>>
>>14672519

Same here.
>>
File: GK_MDK_301.jpg (161 KB, 620x877) Image search: [Google]
GK_MDK_301.jpg
161 KB, 620x877
>>14672349
>>
>>14672560

MURDER DEATH KILL. THAT'S IT! i don't know why i couldn't find it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1PFhup7lg8

1.40 is the moment i described earlier, thank you based anon! thousand internets for you
>>
>>14666517
>>14672307
Obviously you have some part of you that is composer/songwriter... Just practice your ability to focus on what you are hearing and you might be able to write it down!
>>
>>14672576
I was imagining this as so different
I'm disappointed, but still happy you found it.
>>
>>14672599

I've been playing bass for 7 years (i'm 20 now) and i'm studying music composition in university, i would really like to master this phenomena in my brain because i really like the songs i hear in my mind
>>
>>14672576
Didnt' "MDK" stand for "Max. Doc. Kurt" (Main characters)
>>
>>14672841
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDK_(video_game)#Meaning_of_.22MDK.22
>>
When I was 4 or 5 I stepped on something on our carpet in the basement and my foot got fucked up really bad and I bled all over the place and fucked up the entire carpet. I remember I was too scared to tell my parents that I ruined the carpet so I just let the blood sit there and dry after the bleeding stopped. Around that time we were selling the house and some people came in that wanted to buy the house but didn't because of the creepy ass blood stained carpet. I remember my parents being mad at me for this because they had to replace the carpet to get anyone to buy the house. When I ask them about it today they have no recollection of it but I remember it so vividly.
>>
>>14658449

It's weird....but I used to swear that New Zealand was north of australia. I had seen it on maps an everything. I could have SWORN it was there. And then just bam, one day, it wasn't.
>>
I remember this cartoon show from when I was a kid about these monsters that lived in either an attic or an old house.
>>
>>14673052
Aaah Real Monsters?
>>
I recall a show or movie that had a T-1000 like being that had glowing eyes trying to kill a woman.
>>
>>14673059
No not that.I think it was a family of monsters.
>>
I remember watching some fucked up puppet show about foxes and shit. In the episode i remember there was a evil giant weird black bird that stole one of the foxes eyes, put them in a cage. The voices sounded so fucking real, like they were actually scared. I still remember the bird telling the foxes eyes to dance, and the eyes started bobbing up and down. The fox then told his fox friend "My eyes are in a cave. I can see him."
>>
>>14658555
wait, you've posted this before haven't you?
>>
>>14673246

I thought the same but i'm not sure, threadception
>>
I saw only a handful of times a movie called "Dracula 2000". I didn't see it ANYWHERE for another 13 years and I finally saw it for sale in the used DVD section of this bookstore I go to.
>>
File: 1349223797337.jpg (87 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1349223797337.jpg
87 KB, 800x598
There was this show I used to watch as a kid, which I had THOUGHT was some kind of weird 90's mlp spinoff. I've been looking all over for it, and concluded that I must have dreamt it.

it was a cartoon about "merponies" which were horses with colorful mermaid tails. The main character was called "Radical Star" and had this punky jem-esque riot girl look, with a purple star on her face and green/pink mohawk . They all lived in these enormous pink underwater caves (lol vaginas) and there were some characters, like the princess, these two obnoxious twin ponies who finished each others sentences, and the evil witch pony. The episode I remember the best was when Radical Star traveled through a long tunnel, to go and find the witch, and to make a deal with her, to gain power. In the end I think she decided it was wrong and left.
>>
>>14660051
This, almost certain that's what he's thinking of, if not the april fools joke.
>>
>>14658449
i think i do, i have memories of a game i played when i was little many years ago but i'm completely unable to find any proof of its existence.
It was basically Mortal Kombat, but the characters were only Shokans, you had Goro, Sheeva and Kintaro and many other shokans all dressed with different armors.
>>
I remember one video game I played...basically your little lady friend gets kidnapped by some dark force when you're young, you learn elemental magic, and you have to counter specific enemy's elements with the appropriate element. It's a little bittersweet, because your journey takes you to your adult life, you don't actually see your friend again until years later. She was named after some sort of flower. But I can't for the life of me remember the name or find any evidence of the game.
>>
>>14673320
Sea Ponies. I wiki'd it. There's an episode on Youtube that I watched about 10 seconds of.
>>
>>14673424
no see, that's what I THOUGHT it was. It's not that. I checked. I did watch the sea ponies with my cousins once, so maybe I mentally combined it with another show?
>>
I swear I remember seeing a movie from the 80s as a kid involving a succubus marrying a kid's father. I also swear that the kid killed the succubus in the same way as in the South Park episode by playing a song backward on his radio. I can't find any evidence of this movie ever existing.
>>
>>14673483
look for more information on that episode of south park and see if it took references from a movie or a show.
>>
>>14672621

keep a recorder next to your bed and sing as much as you can remember into it as clearly as possible. you'll get better with time.

> Juilliard trained bassist/composer for over 20 years
>>
Posted this forever ago when nope threads filled the catalog

>be 6
>at friday night daycare
>beautiful girl Crystal is ~5
>has small, unmistakable birthmark on her neck
>never talks or makes a sound
>caretakers think she's mute
>I'm the only one not legitimately afraid of her
one night...
>chilling in plastic castle with bros, planning an attack on the other
>Crystal storms us from over the walls
>tries to kiss everyone on cheek, knowing we hate it and fear her
>bros scatter, only I remain
>she kisses my cheek
>I stand my ground
>she kisses other cheek and stomach
>she laughs and introduced herself
>says to keep her talking a secret
>her dad arrived to pick her up right after
>never see her again, not a soul remembers her but me the next week
>she had been going there for at least 6 months weekly
fast forward 13 years
>be 19
>at pet store getting dogs some food
>see girl with same birthmark
>she responds to Crystal
>it's definitely the same girl
>her dad activates grand master lurk mode
>talk about lizards or whatever was on display nearby, general conversation
>lurk mode disengaged, dad goes to checkout line
>she understandably doesn't remember me, but I "seem familiar"
>continue talking about animals nearby
>bring up daycare
>she remembered a few of the workers, a few mutual friends, and some stuff she did there but not that night
>her dad appears out of nowhere, completely pissed and says" let's go" while grabbing her arm
>ask where she's going to school, suggest meeting for lunch
>laughs and says she's only 14 and still in middle school
>she's 14
>her dad is literally dragging her out by this point
>"it was good to talk to you again Anon! Hopefully I can talk to you again soon!"
>she addressed me by name
>I never told people my name as a kid
>4 years later haven't seen her since
>>
>>14659959
Hold the bloody phone. You mean to tell me that it WASN'T spelled "stein"?
The fuck is this, I don't even.
>>
as a kid, my family would sometimes rent movies we'd seen in theaters from blockbuster. The thing is, I'd swear up and down to my family that there were missing scenes and sometimes alternate endings. They told me I was crazy.

Imagine my relief when I discovered right-wing Christian groups had threatened to boycott Blockbuster unless they edited their films to their satisfaction.
>>
>>14667619
What is being depicted here? What is the green circle with the things inside of it?
>>
ever since I was a teenager I occasionally get the taste and texture of a food in my mouth that I remember hating when I was a baby, but have yet to run into the food in my cognizant life and am unable to identify it. When it pops into my mind though its so fucking vivid.
>>
>>14658634
I think I know this one. Were the Dinos anthro and wearing clothes? Did it involve a t-Rex and a styracosaurus as the main characters?
>>
>>14667595
I read your whole story and found it to be very frightening. I am super curious as to what this game was. Do you have any more details or have you done any research yourself?

Could you draw a picture of the game map or what the "fingers" looked like? Was the whole game viewed from above?

I did a little bit of research on my own and didn't find anything that looks like what you described.
>>
>>14673636
Brazilball. Part of the countryball characters.
>>
>>14673636
that is a comic making fun of brazilians
>>
>>14667888
this is the dumbest, most retarded bunch of bullshit i've ever heard in my life
>>
>>14661895
I kinda get the same thing, except when I have an episode of déjà vu, I always feel a powerful, indescribable urge to continue with my "predicted" motions, though like another anon said, probably just my perception of time derping out on me.
>>
>>14673646
You gullible fool... smh
>>
File: what the.jpg (54 KB, 1023x663) Image search: [Google]
what the.jpg
54 KB, 1023x663
>>14659959
BerenSTEIN can be pronounced "steen" way easier than "stAin" can. Can any A turn into the een sound as easily as BerenSTEIN could?!

And c'mon, who didn't question why the Berenstein Bears weren't pronounced like Beren"stine" like most other people who have Stein in their last name, but no- instead we have this...
>>
Yeah, it's happened to me.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.