[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Russian wilderness, /x/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /x/ - Paranormal

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: gas-masks_00282354.png (428 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
gas-masks_00282354.png
428 KB, 1680x1050
So is the Russian outbacks one big MASSIVE spookden? I know the normalfag shit about Dyatlov Pass, the two Siberian craters, and some Google maps blurring of certain mountains.
But I wanna know the more interesting stuff.
A long time ago, I saw a thread on this board about abandoned towns and the like in Russia and the consensus was that the area is an urban exploration/forgotten history goldmine. But also, probably pretty spooky... With all that I imagine there's all sorts of cryptids, or ayylmaos and shit, but I haven't found any real specific greentexts or the like about Russia's wilderness.

Anyone got interesting stories?

Also, general spooky nature thread. But preferably, Russian shit, because of the fact they have a massive essentially unexplored area full of fun things to imagine. Well, unexplored except for ayylmaos or Spetznahhs, probably.
>>
Bump for potential
>>
>>17790735
I'm about to take a nap but I'd really like to see some discussion started.

The thread I saw was, IIRC, either a Russian urban exploration thread centered on abandoned places, or a thread about deserted cities/towns/villages that were overtaken by the wild. There was definitely some discussion on Brutalist architecture as well, but my mind really started going wild when an anon referenced some statistic, and basically said that Russia's backwoods are basically the closest thing to a fantasy jungle full of lost kingdoms.

The idea of ruins, and abandoned places that have become part of nature again is really interesting IMO, but I really think there could be more here, considering the amount of spooky "abandoned" places in Russia/Siberia, but when you couple that with the suspicious, spooky /x/ shit that happens in Russia (or is hinted to, with things like Dyatlov, but honestly beyond the mainstream things the stories are a lot harder to find but usually extremely interesting and unique), it seems like A:

There's at least serious story potential from rumors alone.

B: Likely some degree of legitimate spooks are out there. The "Russian" wilderness is VAST, and unexplored to the common person.

I would not be surprised at all if in the next few years, either out of fiction or real operator bullshit, stories of ops going on out in the wilds, either expeditions or whatever, will start pouring out.

We've got stories about Nazis in Antarctica, and most people think that's dumb bullshit, so where are the stories of Russians in their own backyard? Seems way more interesting to me.

But yeah, from my point of view, it seems like there's a hidden goldmine of, at the very least, good greentext tier stories/material out there to be found involving Russia's wilds.

Key elements are the fact that 1: Russia's already spooky, 2: they seem to be a world leader in land once civilized now abandoned, and three, they've got a lot of harsh, mainly unexplored territory.
>>
File: 1455022180757.png (187 KB, 487x307) Image search: [Google]
1455022180757.png
187 KB, 487x307
>>17790721
This is a literal narrative goldmine. It's a fucking shame if no one at the very least wants to take the effort to come up with a good, even if fake copypasta. Just fucking huge amounts of elements to work with as far as storytelling goes.

We all know about Tunguska, the weird holes in Siberia, Dyatlov... This are mainstream, normie spookmemes, but already cement Russia as pretty spooky and give it a massive air of mystery to work with.

These stories definitely soak up most of the spooky Russian spotlight, but they do a great job of cementing Russia as very different and unknown in a lot of ways. And that kind of makes you EXPECT there to be more under the surface.

But really. With the amount of abandoned, lifeless cities taken over by forest in Russia... There's just no way that place is boring, man. There's definitely some shit out there I know would be appreciated here.
I'm just referencing vague memories again, but I do also recall a FEW greentexts about anons that were doing /out/ shit in the woods in Russia, and there seemed to be a recurring theme in these stories, being that, there was always a report of absolute silence in the woods.
No wind blowing, no animal or insect sounds, nothing.

And I've heard this in a lot of stories from America too. In fact, I even read, in a book (Ghosts of Tennessee or something similar, "strange happenings" or something), an account of a girl taking a shortcut through the woods through a graveyard to get to her house, and a distinct lack of forest sounds was specifically noted.

I have seen this mentioned in literature but 3 other times, and have heard it repeatedly through videos either about spooky encounters, or podcasts. But there is this...

http://www.brumac.8k.com/JANs_Phenomenon/JANs_Phenomenon.htm

This is the only written source I know of on the internet.. All other stories I've heard were either greentexts, heard from videos/podcasts or, very VERY occasionally, accounts in actual books.
>>
Hell, even that video of that girl levitating in Russia, was taken in the fucking woods. Just saying guys... Massive, MASSIVE amount of harsh, unexplored territory, PLUS Russia's already legendary spook power level? C'mon....
>>
>>17790785
People write about what they know. At least if they want to be even remotely convincing. For people who know Russia, you may have to go ask on /int/.
>>
File: 1463823334785.png (254 KB, 517x502) Image search: [Google]
1463823334785.png
254 KB, 517x502
>>17790832
I'll check in there...

But, regardless. I really hope some Slavnons find this thread and post something interesting.

It's likely autism but my mind just can't stop being boggled at the fact there's this HUGE amount of land, untouched by people (for the most part), dotted with history, and potentially scary shit.

At the very fucking least, I know there's Wojaks in ghillie suits around bonfires playing guitar or some shit.
>>
Bump for interest
>>
>>17790721
If you are driving through the middle of nowhere in Russia and you see somebody with car toubles waving you down speed up and get the fuck past them, theyre cannibals and its a trap.
>>
>>17791672
Sometimes they may have backup who are hiding in the bush to ambush you if you try that too, so be prepared for vehicular manslaughter if you want to live.
>>
>>17791672
funny, if I am in the middle of nowhere, Russia and I see somebody with car troubles trying to wave me down. I usually stop so I can murder and eat them.

It'd be really awkward if they were also a cannibal.
>>
>>17790785

I can concur silence

>Be me, Russian in rural area, late 90's-early 200's
>between 15 and 20 years of age
>House in middle of nowhere. Not sure what you call it in English but its like a large field surrounded by woods in a circle
>Not really a farm but had lots of space, few pigs, some garden patches
>Mostly just weeds

Now we were about a 20 minute walk from any other houses, it was all farmland with big spaces of state owned land inbetween. Nothing really there, drive about half an hour to get to town. Very remote, pretty lonely. This is Russia afterall, there isn't a lot of sun. Most days are overcast and grey. Unless it's the middle of summer, there are very few birds. No squirrels, nothing. In the winter when it snows, everything is covered. It is very surreal being outside or alone. Actually, it is very strange being alone inside as well. Everything is silent, so silent you get accustomed to that buzzing sound that makes you notice the silence. It just goes away.

This is what we call true silent or dead silent. My grandma told me once it means the land you are on is given to the dead. Still, we live there, because it is much cheaper than living in the city and my father worked as a laborer/handyman which is needed more in the country.

I have a few stories I could tell from the time I lived there, if anyone is interested. It isn't exactly the 'outback' but still remote.
>>
>>17791702
I'd call that a grove(grow-v) or meadow.
>>
File: 1464635674942.png (4 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
1464635674942.png
4 KB, 256x264
>>17791702
Do tell. Cacodaemon patiently awaits storytime.
>>
>>17791702
story time!
>>
>>17791736

Grove ok. I know this word, I thought it only meant for forests and the like. Thank you

>>17791748
>>17791772

Ok so the first one that comes to mind. A lot of people do not know but russia has lots of wild dogs. Not like wolves but just packs of domestic dogs that have run together and around so much they are all just big mutts. They can be very dangerous especially towards children. There was one patch of woods we knew were weren't to go to because of dogs. A large pack hung around this spot, which was between our home and our neighbors, all woods, on the eastern side of property. One day my neighbor's child disappeared, they call us up and me, my father and brother start from our end of the woods and go towards there, so we can search and both families meet in the middle

>Heading through field, father has hunting rifle, I have rabbit gun. Brother is too young for guns but he picked up a big stick. We are all nervous of this area
>Enter woods. Father tells us to walk slow and keep watchful
>We see a few dogs running around. They are circling us. Most of the time wild dogs are weary of groups so we kept a tight circle
>Getting closer, we can begin to hear our neighbors crashing around. They were much louder than us. I don't think they hunted.
>Come to a smaller grove (thanks anon), dried out stump of fallen tree in middle
>Scent of pure shit and iron in the air
>Notice blood, scraps of cloth around groun
>Come to middle, see animal carcass
>No fur
>long blond hair
>It is child, dead
>The dogs had dragged here and tore her up
>most of her was gone, it was hard to recognize it as person at all
>They had eaten her, or most of her
>Dogs are circling all around us, we hare in their territory near their food
>Father is pissed, shoots at them
>They run off. Neighbors are in tears, mother is holding what is left her, blood is all over her clothes and her body is sort of just coming apart. Continued.
>>
>>17791812

>Father of the girl finally convinces wife to drop it
>We separate, father tells them to call if ever need
>neighbors call police, they come collect the remains, animal control does half ass job and puts down one dog, as if it was just the one
>Neighbors really don't talk to us anymore, and we don't talk about what happened. Where I live everyone just sort of pretends the bad things didn't happen. Or at least, accept that it happened and no longer want to discuss it.

That patch of woods though, I only went back a few times. It felt very oppressive being there, and the hair on my neck is always standing for dogs are still always circling. They never attack me, and I always took a rifle anyway, but it was not a good place. It was cursed or something for sure after that day.
>>
>>17791825

I forgot to add, the police determined that the girl was probably killed while on their property and drug away. They found a blood trail leading back to the edge of their land and a juice pouch she had been drinking. She was 10 years old and just out playing in the field. Makes me sad to think of.
>>
>>17791812
>>17791772
>>17791812

Shit... More?
>>
File: 1465431944965.jpg (35 KB, 639x628) Image search: [Google]
1465431944965.jpg
35 KB, 639x628
>>17791812
>>17791825
>>17791830
Damn Russianon that's brutal
>>17791849
I concur.
>>
>>17791849

Ok. I wonder if anyone else is reading these?

>Be 16
>Exploring woods, north side of property
>If you go far enough along, there is an old soviet building. It's not quite a bunker, but it is sunk into the ground, thick concrete dome sort of like an igloo.
>Father said it was a munitions depot but to be honest he was a drunk and was probably fooling.
>There is a big rusted iron door that is open but stuck in the same position
>Decide to go inside. I'd seen it before but never went it
>Inside it stinks. I recognize the smell of iron from before with the dogs. I instantly understand it as blood and rotted produce
>old mattress on the floor. The kind with no springs just cotton
>lots of blankets and sheets, everything covered in mud and maybe some kind of grease
>cans laying everywhere, little spot for a fire with a mesh grill and cement blocks in a circle
>graffiti all over the walls in different color paints. Some religious symbols like orthodox crosses, pentagrams and the islamic moon (don't know what it is called)
>Feel sort of sick. It's a lot to take in, afterall this has sat in peace near my home all this time
>the longer I look the more I notice. Animal bones, small things like rabbit but a few things like antlers
>some carcasses and skins. parts of dogs laying around
>I understand now what the meat on the mesh grill is
>It is charred black like it was just left, no fire though, no heat or smell of smoke. Probably there for a day or two
>Back out, have to turn and kind of shift through space of door
>When I peak my head around, think I see a person's head duck from the ridge of the hill
>He had dirty brown clumped hair like dreadlocks and a big beard. Dirt all over his face
>This person has been living out here hunting dogs and huffing paint
>Leave in a hurry. I don't even check to see if what I saw was real
>continued
>>
>>17791921

>Tell family, father calls police. They ask if it is on our property, he tells them no. They basically say if he is not trespassing or bothering anyone they will not consider it a priority at this time
>Just sort of accept there is a crazed vagrant in the woods, probably 30 minutes walk away
>Life goes on for a few days. I am outside feeding our pigs and getting their shelter ready for winter. I look past our fence to the treeline and spot him. It looks to be the same person, he is wearing what looks like a tarp or maybe a trash bag with holes cut out for his arms and legs. He's far away but I'm pretty sure he was wearing several pairs of pants, it looked really puffed out and baggy, the outer ones were ripped and I could see different cloth
He's just kind of standing there, I don't really know what to do and we look at each other for a minute. He goes back into the trees.
>My heart is pounding. I go back inside and get my father's rifle. I am home alone today, so I sit by the window and listen to the radio.
>The rest of my family got home later that night from shopping in town. I'm helping move all the groceries from our truck into the house
>"Who is that over there?" my mother says. I haven't said anything about him yet because it's just all very weird. Instantly I am nervous. I look where she is pointing and there he is.
>Father waves and yells a greeting. The man in the woods does nothing, starts walking along the treeline.
>I tell them I saw him earlier, tell them he is the man I saw from the building
>We all go inside. Don't bother calling the police because he wasn't technically on our property. We have a few dogs of our own. I didn't want them to get hurt by him so I kept them inside that night
>I get woken up very early that morning, before dawn
>Father is pissed. He went out early because the dogs were all restless. He regularly wakes up around 4 AM so this was not strange
>Continued
>>
>>17791921
Different anon. Keep going, Slavanon. These are good.
>>
>>17791974
Slavanon is currently the cough syrup and vodka tonic that is curing /x/ of AIDS
>>
this shits gold keep posting nigga
>>
>>17791958
>He tells me two of our pigs are missing and that our barbed wire has been cut
>We both know who the culprit is
>He has gone too far. Get the dogs, get the rifles. Father calls his brother so he drives over. We head into the woods as the sun is still rising.
>Make the hike to the building. It is fall, that dead silence again. Area is thick with trees and it's a cloudy day, it's still really dark
>Reach the building. Stink of shit and blood again
>Quietly approach. Dogs are ok but they are nervous. They smelled it before we did of course
>Uncle and I stand on either side of steps to the big door. Father is in front in middle. He shouts if anybody is there, no answer
>We go in. Same as before mostly, only this time we see one of our pigs. He is on the floor on his side, with a trash bag over his face. He is not stuck or cut, he was simply smothered by the bag.
>The pig had shit all over the floor when it died. It seemed no effort was made to clean it thus far
>Leave building, all three circle around, looking down the hill towards the trees, trying to spot him
>Uncle shouts, he sees someone in the trees
>We go to where he is standing, I see something flesh colored, standing about with arms and legs stretched out. Looks off but can't place it
>Go down hill. It is our sow, she is strung up by her legs pulled out, between two trees like she is going to be gutted
>She has a 'crown' of brambles on her head
>swastikas, pentagrams, curse words cut into her skin all over
>the skin from her face has been peeled off
>spray paint all over where its face once was
>orthodox crosses carved into the two trees
>We are all very freaked out by this chaos. My uncle says he is going to puke
>We book it back up the hill keeping an eye out. We are not so rough and ready anymore
>If we had tails they would have been between our legs all the way home

Finished next
>>
>>17791986

>After that everything is quiet again. We fixed our fence and kept a strong lookout for a few weeks. We didn't see him anymore. Still, we were all really freaked out that this guy was out there and that he knew where we live.
>We made rules that brother cannot be outside alone, me and father usually took a rifle and leaned it on something near where we were working from then on
>We made a show for the first few days of going outside and shooting. We wanted to let him know if he was around that we were armed and could defend if needed

Like I said we never saw him again. For years though, things would go missing from our shed, and our neighbors talked about things missing as well. Things like spray paint, gardening tools. We had a big deep freezer in our shed that we kept game we had hunted in. Once we discovered a large chunk of gnawed upon deer on the ground. Whoever did it had to have been chewing on it while it was frozen. We also found a sneaker in our yard with spraypaint all inside it, like it had been used for huffing.
>>
>>17791986
Holy crap that is rowdy as fuck
>>
>>17790721
Do they have skinwalkers and wendigos in Russia?
>>
>>17792004

Russia in the nineties was a strange time. The soviet union had just fell in the 80's and everybody was still learning how to live without it. Police were of little help and often people living in rural areas were forced to basically deal with problems more or less on their own. Lots of things like lynchings and mob justice. There were several occasions that we had to form a 'posse' to get things done. Sadly that day no justice was had for our poor pigs.
>>
>>17791995
Wow fuck
>>
>>17792053
Any Baba Yaga stories?
>>
>>17792056

No, baba yaga is just a story for kids. I did see once though, at the old distribution center where the infamous "breadlines" used to be, for a few moments three men and an old woman in old style clothes standing by the boarded window, hunched over and cold. I blink and double take, they are gone. I never told anyone.
>>
>>17792053
>>17791995
>>17791986
>>17791958
>>17791921
>>17791812

Cпacибo зa paccкaзы, бpaтaн. я нe pyccкий, кoнeчнo, пpocтo зaнимaлcя pycкым языкoм в yнивepcитeтe. Ho, мнe oчeн нpaвилиcь вaши paccкaзы.

мнe кaжeтcя ceльcкaя жизнь в poccий нe oчeн дpyгoй ceльcкoй жизни нa югe CШA.

Forgive my mistakes, it's late here.
>>
>>17792085
>I never told anyone.
Until now.
>>
>>17792090
Translation, please?
>>
>>17792027
They stay on good old turtle island dude.
Also skinwalkers are desert nasties, thats like asking if mermaids are seen in the Arizona desert
>>
>>17792094
I was just thanking him for the stories man.

I'm from the south and was just telling him that I enjoyed them and life at that time there didn't seem too different from rural life down here. (Hopefully).

It's been years since I've used my russian for more than pleasantries so I also apologized for any grammatical errors.
>>
File: 1464547272492.png (32 KB, 455x396) Image search: [Google]
1464547272492.png
32 KB, 455x396
>>17792097
>Yfw you just called is mother a shoe
>>
>>17792105

I may be an ignorant hick, but I'm not enough of an ignorant hick to fail that badly at grammar. Us rednecks have standards you know.
>>
>>17792095
Let me assure you, as an Alaskan, skinwalks are not desert exclusive.
>>
File: Everlasting Summer.png (2 MB, 1166x687) Image search: [Google]
Everlasting Summer.png
2 MB, 1166x687
>>17790721
If you have a love for spooky Russian stories, play 'Everlasting Summer', it's free on Steam, Russian weebs produced it

Very much a mindfuck
>>
>>17792113
Care to elaborate
>>
Holy shit Russanon, that's some awesomely creepy goings on!
Hi from Australia, please keep posting
>>
Tha ks for the awesome greentext Russanon! Ausanon reporting in, looking forward to more
>>
>>17792170
I know there are things in the woods. Those forests stretch for thousands of miles, untouched by human beings. People disappear here. And you hear things in the forest, at night. In the winter, when the sun only rises for an hour and ice fog obscures everything, far away from town, that's when you can really see some shit.
>>
>>17792170
Not him, but Ive run into bi-pedal hoofed creatures that were smart enough to set up a small altar and stand outside my tent a couple nights ina row in the Canadian Rockies.

They werent verbal, and there was no smell, but they were deff intelligent and deff hooved.
>>
Knew man.

One night man tries escape from gulag.

Makes his way to cabin in middle of tundra. Inside is plain, but many family pictures on walls. He falls asleep. In middle of night he is put in sack and dragged out. The next morning he is shot like dog.

Pictures are windows. KGB always watching.
>>
Walking home one night, I notice all candle in personal shack are lit. I finish vodka bottle as I approach door.
House is empty, and I made sure not to feed guard dog, but candle still go out.
I check Soviet pocket watch, small hand on 4, big hand on 1. I realize I soon be late for glorious unpaid labor at mighty Soviet factory.
At factory, I find letter on floor. Is signed to me, from me. I open letter, wonder where I learn writing.
Inside reads "the out for watch watch" I look at pocket watch. big hand on 4, little hand on one. I look at note again, 4th and 1st words have swapped places.
"Watch out for the watch." I look at pocket watch again.
I realize watch is broken, and get it fixed. I also decide to cut back on vodka, so do not send letter to myself anymore or risk KGB come find me.
Such is life in Moscow.
>>
>>17792027
What about any general fey spirits?

Think a few faeries or spirits are still hanging out in Russian woods?

I'm not well read on their preferred environments, other than them really liking trees and 'stoll rings as portals.
>>
File: 1465268144454.jpg (91 KB, 650x638) Image search: [Google]
1465268144454.jpg
91 KB, 650x638
>>17792306
>>
File: spb.jpg (146 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
spb.jpg
146 KB, 600x300
>>17790721
>pro tip
It's not just the wilderness my man. Roofer/urban explorer from SPB here, can post stories about shit I've seen in the city and it's roofs, from innocent stuff like illegal immigrants dens and rotting junkies to dissected animals, bone trinkets, spooks with sniper rifles and teen suicide cult messages.
>>
>>17792439
well... do it then?
>>
>>17792090
Nice language, pal. Uncommon to learn Russian for americans, yes?
>>
>>17792445
>with my buddy hanging out in old district of city near sovietskaya streets in SPB
>lots of buildings falling apart, little light, poor people
>mostly unexplored by fellow roofers
>climb half-abandoned apartment which is adjacent to several blocks, good option to explore
>me and my man stroll the roofs, take a few pics, talk in low voices
>decide to use another exit, check entrances on another roof, always good to have a backup plan
>enter the area below roof through small window
>rancid fucking smell
>wtf
>notice a cat strung up, something sharp cut her abdomen, even bone, cat just hangs in there
>we weren't really afraid as we both were pretty big guys with leather glowes, boots, friend carried a monkey wrench, I knife
>not uncommon to have fights with rival roofers mad about ''their'' turf, hobos or people living in the house
>friend explores the rest of cherdak with flashlight, finds dead crow and small necklaces made of bird bones
>hey man wtf is that shite?
>we find door, it budges easily, the house looks abandoned and literally condemned
>entrance to the building is wielded shut
>have to jump from 1st floor window
But the fucked up thing was that we heard voices coming from over us as we jumped, two, both male. Likely some dog hunter punks hunting urban fauna, but those fuckers sometimes pack traumatic weapons which shoot rubber bullets, so we left quick.
>>
File: Chukchi_Sea_map.png (100 KB, 1200x672) Image search: [Google]
Chukchi_Sea_map.png
100 KB, 1200x672
>>17790761
Who knows what the fuck is out there, man. Wrangel Island, off the coast of Russia, still had a small mammoth population living on it up until the 1600s BC. For all we know there could be other prehistoric animals still living out there somewhere.

>>17790785
>In fact, I even read, in a book (Ghosts of Tennessee or something similar, "strange happenings" or something), an account of a girl taking a shortcut through the woods through a graveyard to get to her house, and a distinct lack of forest sounds was specifically noted.
There's a lot of spooky shit in TN, especially around the Appalachian mountains.
>>
>>17790721
I heard they have giant bears with machine guns for arms that roam the wilderness shouting profanities. Some say you can hear the them at night if you're camping... Blyat! Blyat! Followed by intermittent machine gun burst fire.
>>
So, I am russian, and I would like to translate into english one of the best creepypasta series I've ever read. All the pastas are about Yakutia(Якyтия) - you can google it, it's just what you want - tundra, no people and scary shit. And yes, I am sorry for my terrible English, like really. So , here we go.

Story №1.
The first story is connected with Sulukuns("u" is pronounced like in french, dunno how to write this sound using english alphabet). Basically, in yakutian folklore, sulukuns are water spirits.
Yakuts are pagans, and they believe, that every area has its own spirits. that are in control there. Though, it is worth mentioning, that after Yakutia entered Russia in XVII century, local religion mixed with christianity and changed, having now some of the elements, classic theist religions have. Nonetheless, those spirits, I was talking about in the beggining, stayed, and sulukuns are one of them. So, the tradition says, that sulukuns spend all the time underwater, without any interactions with people. You can't say, that they're evil spirits, but you can't call them good either. In addition, you won't be able to find a description of their appearence anywhere, so you can just imagine your generic water spirit with some fishy traits, something like Innsmouth people of Lovecraft.
>>
>>17792512
cont.
So, getting closer to the story itself. Only once in the year - during chirstmastide - they leave their ponds, lakes and rivers and, in abandoned houses, far from people, they play cards and chat. They don't just play for fun, they play for their underwater money, that look like golden coins. And if you want to steal their money you gotta go to an abandoned house, during christmastide, wearing lots of clothes, obviously, 'cause it's as cold at nights as -50C, wait until sulukuns gather around, and then suddenly jump from your hide spot screaming and making noises, and turn their table with money. This will cause them to run in fear, and you can just take money and go home. But it is essential to spend it in 3 days, because after this, money will turn into seaweed, that it actually is.
But money isn't the only reason why you can be interested in visiting their meetings. As I mentioned, they chat, while playing cards, and they don't just chat, they are speaking about future of the nearby villages and people, and you might get some important information about yourself, your family, friends etc.
>>
>>17792517
cont.
And finally, the story begins.
Middle of Yakutia, January, yule and incredibly cold weather. Two young brothers, all brave and strong decided to go and listen to those sulukuns, and, if lucky, to get their money. They didn't tell anyone about their plans, because people in Yakutia take folklore seriously, and parents, probably, wouldn't let them go. The brothers had chosen an old and empty booth located somewhere around the village they lived in. So, in the evening, they put on their warmest clothes, took 2 bottles of vodka, and headed to that booth. Brothers were in a good mood, because it was interesting for them, because there were 2 of them, so there weren't any reasons for panic, and frost was nothing to them.
They came into that old house, got under a table they found and covered themselves in a thick blanket they brought. Brothers spent several hours waiting for the spirits to come, chatting quietly and drinking vodka, and when it was after midnight, they heard the door creaking. Brothers strained - here it comes, sulukuns are coming! But, suddenly, it all went quiet. Then again, they heard a creaking sound, louder this time, and they hear a muffled sound of something like chicken clucking. Out of nowhere, younger brother started yelling like a crazy, threw away blanket, and rushed to the way out, older brother, of course, followed him. But he was unlucky - he stumbled on his way out and fell on the floor. Older brother started calling for help, but then he made this choking sound, and started yelling like he was burned alive. Hearing that, the younger brother shat bricks and ran even faster.
>>
>>17792520
cont.
After about an hour he came to his village and told his father everything. Obviously father was not happy with this behaviour of his sons, he yelled at the son and told the story of the booth - long time ago, even before the 1917 revolution, there lived a family, and all of the members of this family died because of mysterious circumstances. People, who lived nearby, decided that this was an evil spirit's work, and from that time they stayed away from the booth, even though the land around was quite fertile. It was clear to all the people, except for the brothers, that no sulukun would go into that old house, but the evil spirit could still live in there, and those two fuckers were quite a prey for it.
So, father and the younger brother got in a SUV, and went straight to that booth. They came quickly, and everything seemed quiet and well, at first glance. The younger brother shat his pants and refused to enter the house, so he stayed in the car. Father had to go there all by himself. He found older brother right where he stumbled, face turned to the ground. Trails showed, that he didn't move much after falling, died almost instantly. The body had already stiffend, "thanks" to the severe cold outside. All this made father to burst out sobbing, but there was nothing he could do about it, so he took the body into the car and drove home.
When they came back, and took all the clothes, they found a huge bruise under the older brother's right shoulder blade,as if something hit him from behind through all the layers of clothing.
Later, younger brother said, what made him cry and run away - when the door started creaking the second time, he lifted his blanket a little, and saw a giant human silhouette - like 3 meters in height - walking towards them.
>>
>>17790812
>cmon guys I don't feel like making actual content, so just spoonfeed me please
>>
>>17790721
Really, the scary thing about Russian wilderness isn't any possible supernatural events happening and not only I don't believe in them, there's also no material proving their existence.
What is really scary about it, is that there are hundreds of kilometers without a living, human soul, only cold, dark forest filled with shit like bears and Siberian tigers. Fuck that shit, man.
>>
>>17791825
>>17791812
>>17791830
That's a criminal lack of attention from parent's side. Who the fuck lets a little kid like that to play alone near wilderness, where there can be hungry animals prowling? Obviously they didn't give a fuck much.
>>
Oh my god, my thread took off! I'm so grateful.

Time to read all of this interesting shit.... Thanks for contributing guys.
>>
>>17792503
>There's a lot of spooky shit in TN, especially around the Appalachian mountains.
Oh fuck, I live right in the heart of the Appalachians. Hit me with something that'll make me never sleep again?
>>
>>17792691
That alone is pretty scary though. Coupled with the fact there are lost cities in that dark, cold forest. It's like STALKER or some shit.
>>
>>17791702
>My grandma told me once it means the land you are on is given to the dead
So, there's actually a term for the type of quiet you get when you're on land that people have died? Very interesting..... God, Russia's scary.
>>
>>17790785
Graveyards are like the least paranormal places out there.

Through my life I've never heard about or seen ghosts at the graveyards. I only ever hear about them being encountered at places such as old homes (like centuries old), roads where they often want a ride, bridges (ghosts of people that jumped off it to their deaths)... Graveyards feel very peaceful compared to places connected to war or terrible accidents.
>>
>>17792710
It was russia
>>
>>17790721

It's the numbers of aggressive lunatics ready to kill you for so much as giving them a funny look and the cheapness of human life that is crawling in russia which add terror and gloom to living there....or should I say surviving there.
>>
>>17792738
See, the whole idea of land that was warred on with dead and misery still attached to it is very intriguing to me.
I imagine there's a lot of this in Russia... Finland, as well. Kollaa Hill, and the like.

It's hard for me to believe the land the Winter War happened on is... peaceful.
>>
>>17792439
Yo, dump all you got anon.
>spooks with sniper rifles
YES
WHERE
AND WHY

Gang watching a drug house maybe?
>>
>>17792749
>>17792738
Let me add - I'm from Poland, both world wars left a massive path of destruction and death here, not to mention countless earlier wars - Napoleonic, Swedish Deluge, tons of wars during the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth times, etc. There's a fuckton of cemeteries around here - Polish, German, Russian military cemeteries. You'd think there would be lots of ghost stories across this country, but that stuff is literally unheard of. Lots of old as fuck buildings (at least in the areas that weren't totally ruined by both Germans and Russians). Still, nada. Not that I'm complaining, really.
>>
>>17792467
Stories like this make Metro 2033 and Stalker seem realistic.
>>
File: 2009karjala17.jpg (256 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
2009karjala17.jpg
256 KB, 800x533
>>17790785
Metsänpeitto in Finnish folklore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mets%C3%A4npeitto
>People "covered by forest" were described as not being able to recognize the terrain around them, even if they were on familiar grounds. In other cases they might have walked endlessly through unfamiliar terrain, or were rendered completely paralyzed, unable to move or speak. Unnatural silence devoid of the sounds of nature was also common.
>>
>>17791675
>be prepared for vehicular manslaughter
... u make that sound like the fulfilment of my road warrior dreams.
>>
>>17791921
>anyone else is reading these?
For sure.
>>
>>17792200
I don't doubt the existance of malevolent spirits in the Alaskan wild, it might not be a skin walker per second. You only describe that there's spoopy shit and it's gun getcha. Skin walker tales have a shape changer constant in them.
Also Canadian here, Winnipeg. Is it true there are both Inuit and Eskimos up there? How do they get along?(not Alaskan, just abbo myself and curious on a few levels).
>>
>>17792263
Dude what the fucking goddamn fuck, Manitobanon again here. You just made any sides tingle that actually spooped me. I'm a going to make a non skin walker indigionous legends thread now, got just the picture.
>>
>>17792710
helicopter parent detected
>>
Я yчycь pyccкий, я хoчy eхaть в Poccия в бyдyщeм. I am American, I'm learning Russian for personal interest and for possible military benefits. It may not be soon but I do plan on visiting Russia for an extended period of time, will definitely try and find out about creepy shit from locals that they couldn't/wouldn't tell outsiders due to the language barrier, or just explore on my own. I still suspect the scariest thing that will happen is me being robbed by gopniks.
>>
>>17792090
Tы знaeшь pyccкий язык хopoшo? Я тoжe yчycь pyccкий, этo кpacивo язык. Tы пoceщaeшь poccия? Moя pyccкий нe oчeнь хopoшo. Я eщe yчycь.
>>
File: 1432648523183.jpg (29 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1432648523183.jpg
29 KB, 250x250
>>17793120
>>17793129

Done! >17793332
/ntfknsknwlkrs/ general lol. Got some posters in there.
>>
>>17793412

Sorry here's a working link
>>17793332
>>
>be me
>Be ice fishing with half brother's half brother Boris
>half brother Ivan is prick I fish with Boris
>Passing vodka around
>No fucking fish cold as hell about to pack oup, go out to piss, Boris has bottle
>Return from piss
>Lonevodkabottleinshack.jpg
>Boris is gone
>Fish hole perfectly still and vodka has swig left in it
> take swig and almost spit
>3/4 cigarette is in bottle
>Never see comrade Boris again
> You see, sometimes, in Soviet Russia, vodka drink YOU!
>>
>>17790761
I think I am the OP of the thread you describe. I am also Russian btw
>>
What about Balkan stories?
>Bulgaria
>a friend of mine went to Todor Zhivkov's home (The President of Bulgaria during the time it was Communist Bulgaria)
>He's been dead and the house was abandoned since then
>a voice says"Who is in my house?"
>my friend tried to answer,but there was no one in the house
>He shit himself and left his house
>>
Lemme try my mad translation skillz as well.

Sup, /x/. Do you know anything about taiga near Arkhangelsk? I bet first images popping in your head are swamps, cranberry and Lomonosov. But I will tell you this tale I remembered while I was messing with old papers (I have weird habit to store everyhing, from letters to invoices, like an archive without any goal). Fortunately I have enough time to format it well.
I was rereading old letters from my aunt living in countryside near Arkhangelsk - I went there when I was much younger, and ever since then. Actually last time it was 3 years ago - was called to help my aunt moving to another house, but it didn't happen, so I was just messing around and drinking with locals. In exchange for good authentic moonshine they got grateful listener of various countryside stories. One of them, named Ded Luchok, a.k.a. Nikolai Lukich, although old and heavy drinker, kept his mind fresh and memories clear. Ded Luchok was born in such a heart of the country, there was no electricity, no council, not even a church. The place was called Lower Vojdanga - you will never find it in documents, like hundreds of similar villages. Local scribes were driven crazy from loads of toponyms down there, from the fact that many villages had identical names, so they recorded localities all at once with new names, like Filimonovskoe settlement. People, though, kept calling their villages with original names, driving authorities crazy once more.
Ded Luchok was willing to talk about his homeland. Lower Vojdanga was an old village near a river, but the river eventually shallowed and turned into swamp. All that left was logging, berries and shrooms, and peat extraction. Several times a year came carts with news, salt, matches et cetera. Nothing extraordinary at all. But when I asked about Upper Vojdanga - logically speaking there must be one - Luchok told me this story.

cont
>>
>>17793689

Upper Vojdanga was ruined by mshets long ago, under tsars. Local fool went looking for moss to fill gaps in his loghouse, but he brought back mshets. According to Luchok it looked like ordinary moss from swamps, but shaded blue and smelled like mown hay. If locals stumbled upon small patches of mshets, they collected it, dried and sold to nenets and komyaki, and if they happened to find large clearing with mshets, they marked it around 100 feet distance. Apparently it doesn't grow that much, so old markings served well. Those who went to these clearings never returned. As I have been told, must any animal, or livestock, or human, go there, mshets would give off either spores or gas that caused paralysis. And in Upper Vojdanga, that guy covered his house in mshets. Next year it was found out, that people of Upper Vojdanga either did not recognize mshets, or they couldn't burn that house quickly enough. Or, as I think now, they didn't want to. People from wagons told about this to guys in Lower Vojdanga, and when they came, all they saw was log cabins, covered in mshets, and thick smell of mown hay.
The place was burned, besieged with deadwood and furrow. Authorities didn't care about locals' businesses, locals themselves took it as another harshness of life. Road to Upper Vojdanga was dug up, tried not to go that way ever since, and also not to graze cattle here.

cont
>>
>>17793773
Things were still just like they were before, naturally, if not that one case, that Ded Luchok happened to witness. After ww2, three geologists came with carts. Well, maybe it's not geology - they were examining terrains around for industrial peatland development. I will keep calling them geologists. Townfolk hosted them at Luka's house - father of Luchok. Next day geologists went to swamps - refused to take a guide with them. They can be forgiven - as I've been told, locals were not the nicest and most hospitable people. The only thing that they've been told was not to go near Upper Vojdanga if they want to come back. They've been told this story, but geologists decided that locals tried to hide something there from Soviets. So they got their bags, instruments, and went straight to the ashes. Locals decided not to talk 'em out.
On the third day one of the geologists was found at the edge of the village. Someone went looking for missing pig, but found poor guy instead. Tattered by branches, covered in blue moss and absolutely blind he found his way out of the swamp by touch. People were called to find others, Luchok went with them - he was 10 years old by then. And yet after almost 70 years he was telling about how his father was washing mshets out with kerosene. He told women to heat a bath and leave the guy there. Men, armed with kerosene, stakes, and ropes, went rescuing other explorers.
They arrived at the ashes after half a day of walking. First thing they noticed was smell, then they saw greyish-blue carpet-like clearing of mshets, surrounded by ring of dry grass. Luchok vividly described the clearing, depressingly calm and smooth, except for two maybe bumps or what looked like tree broken in half. The one that was bigger was wiggling a bit. Men pulled him off with the rope - no mistake, it was one of geologists, pretty much had found what was hid from him.
cont
>>
>>17793625
Are you? Do you have any stories of your own, or anything relevant to contribute?
I wish I had saved all the pictures in that thread of the abandoned buildings.
>>
>>17793870
The guy was still alive, croaking through crust of moss, tightly covering his body even under his clothes. He was dragged from mshets, men tried to clear up his face. To do that, they needed to rip out small roots of mshets from his skin. After layer of moss was off his mouth, he started to sound more distinctly. Geologists tried to say something. All that Ded Luchok got was "god in the swamp", "there's god's light", "let me back to god". Then geologist suddenly tried to get up, felt, tried to crawl but subsided before men could do anything. Later he was burned right there.
The guy who got back on his own survived, though losing his eyes and one of the legs was cut off by Luka - the moss got in his boot and gnawed the flesh. In a month car came for geologists - they were told what happened, guided to the place. After another month military came - on trucks. Military stayed there, and locals were loaded into trucks and evacuated first in Plestsy, where Plesetsk spaceport is now, and then were resettled in the south of the region, told not to talk too much about it. So Luchok got in aunt's village, got a job in lespromhoz, and then retired to make moonshine and tell stories.
So there it is. Maybe Ded made it all up, but that was a good story for me.
>>
>>17792503
Nursefag here from ne TN. Sp00k me, anon, sp00k me gud.
>>
>>17792449
Not that anon but also an American learning Russian. It is uncommon for Americans to learn Russian, especially if they aren't the children or grandchildren of Russian immigrants. When Americans think of Russia they think of communism, nuclear war, vodka, and cheeki breeki.
>>
>>17792710
Oh my god! Who could imagine letting kids play! By themselves! Without a parent watching their every movement? I for one have cameras in all rooms of my house that turn on and broadcast to my comluter when motion is detected.
>>
Heard that the Russianons got banned from 4chan! This seemed a logical enough thread to find out. Please say it ain't so!
>>
>>17792274
Imblying kgb would give a fuck about some escaped gulag prisner
>>
>>17793870
>>17793773
>>17793689
>>17793934
Nice. More stories like this?
>>
File: CAM_0765.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAM_0765.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17794529
I don't know. I haven't been living in Russia for 5 yrs now.

>>17793916
I need to recall.
>>
>>17792691
>>17792734
Nigga, the real deal is that each year 100 000 People go missing in Russia. About half are found, living, dead or in pieces. Now what the fuck happenes to the rest? My local policeman was once telling me stories about how ordinary people sometimes vanish without trace, people which would be of no use to criminals and have no money to disappear properly. They even find footwear neatly standing on the street sometimes.
>>
>>17795719
Now you're making shit up. The only thing true about your post is that people go missing - the higher population, the more people go missing - it's based on simple percentage. It's not a phenomenon confined to Russia, it happens everywhere.
>>
>>17795719
>each year 100 000 People go missing in Russia
>each year 100,000 people
nigga that is equivalent to a respectable civil war; impossible
>>
>>17795925
It's not that outrageous of a statistic; there's about an equal amount of open missing persons cases in the US right now, and Russia is much larger and has worse infrastructure.
>>
>>17791921
I am!! :)
>>
Since hiroshimoot has banned Russia from this website i wager we're fucked for getting more stories of the russian wilderness...
>>
>>17795994
That's a damn shame

Pretty much any Russian spook stories are usually great

There's plenty of shit in just the fucking cities
>>
>>17792512
>>17792517
>>17792520
>>17792522
Amazing read anon, thanks
>>
>>17792506
oyyy blin
>>
>>17793628
I have many interesting balkan story too. Does Romania count as balkan ?
>>
>>17792768
where you from polanon?
>>
>>17796202
Masuria.
>>
File: CAM_0770.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAM_0770.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17795342
>>
>>17791958
>Just sort of accept there is a crazed vagrant in the woods, probably 30 minutes walk away

Russians
>>
File: 1444661569330.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1444661569330.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>17790761
>basically said that Russia's backwoods are basically the closest thing to a fantasy jungle full of lost kingdoms
ugh stereotypes
you won't find anything in russian woods except for some crazy killers, it's the same like in the us.
>>
File: CAM_0773.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
CAM_0773.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>17796214
>>
>>17792113
Skinwalkers don't exist retard
>>
spooky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr_Rpk9HR1g
>>
>>17796276
nice try, skinwalker-kun
>>
>>17796299
I'm sure I'm not one
>>
>>17796206
Subcarpathian here
>>
>>17796323
To daleko mieszkasz, gościu. U was też tak piźdźi? Zimno jak chuj.
Jakieś tam legendy macie w stylu /x/?
>>
>>17796377
Z Sanoka panie, blisko Bieszczad. Oprócz kilku nawiedzonych domów i nawiedzonej części lasu (po której raz w nocy jechałem na rowerze i guzik widziałem) to niewiele. Są też pozostałości po linii Mołotowa, ale tam chyba nic nie ma. Jest też cmentarz Radziecki z '45 i chyba austro-węgierski, lub niemiecki z 1WS. Wybieram się w lecie w Bieszczady, może coś tam będzie.

U nas tylko pochmurnie.
>>
>>17796400
Tutaj też dużo cmentarzy poniemieckich, trudno powiedzieć ile z nich zostało zarośniętych przez las - na przykład, nieopodal mojej chaty jest taki właśnie dziki cmentarz. Wychowałem się tutaj, nikt nic o duchach nie wspominał. W sensie, opowiadaliśmy sobie historyjki, ale nic poza tym.
Amerykany się jarają ciągle, że niby u ruskich to w pizde jest takich rzeczy... Rosja jest wielka, skorumpowana, tam się takie odpierdalają rzeczy, że duchy przy tym wysiadają.
>>
>>17796235
>you won't find anything in russian woods except for some crazy killers, it's the same like in the us.
that's pretty interesting in itself too

like what the fuck are killers doing MILES away from civilization in harsh forests? same with the fuckers in the US too

in the US we mainly blame it on inbreds and albinos or some shit, dunno what the russian excuse is
>>
>>17796424
W dupie byli, gówno widzieli
>>
>be me
>live in bumfuck no where in Russia
>go to grocery store an hour away to buy some vodka to keep me warm at night
>store is closed because some idiot robbed it and caused a mess
>go home sober, fml
Not only did this happen once to me, it happened TWICE.
>>
dont let it die guys this is one of the best threads on this shithole in a while
>>
>>17796238
more please
>>
>>17796786
>like what the fuck are killers doing MILES away from civilization in harsh forests? same with the fuckers in the US too
privacy? i'm sure they don't wanna be disturbed during whatever killer stuff they're doing.
you also find lots of recluses who just enjoy living in the nature so not everyone's a killer. just don't enter houses unless it's really an emergency.
>>
>>17796186
I guess,since we're in the same peninsula.
>>
>>17790721
TEST
>>
File: 1452912333452.jpg (125 KB, 1102x967) Image search: [Google]
1452912333452.jpg
125 KB, 1102x967
>ywn roam the russian wilderness STALKER style hunting monsters of slavic folklore
>>
>>17800070
Are you posting from Russia?
>>
>>17791986
Thank you!
>>
>>17796400
Come fix my tap kurwa
>>
I used to live out in the rural urals as a child, allot of odd shit happened to me but nothing majorly spook/conspiracy shit. I can dump some stories if interested
>>
>>17795994
What was the rationale for banning russian? Did japmoot get rektd by RUs in DOTA or something?
>>
>>17800983
Do it pal I'll read em
>>
>>17793934
Awesome, this sort of threads restore my faith in humanity.
>>
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/for-40-years-this-russian-family-was-cut-off-from-all-human-contact-unaware-of-world-war-ii-7354256/

For 40 Years, This Russian Family Was Cut Off From All Human Contact, Unaware of World War II
In 1978, Soviet geologists prospecting in the wilds of Siberia discovered a family of six, lost in the taiga.

I wish I was smart enough to be a secluded writer in Siberia!
>>
>>17792095
>>17792113
A little late to this party, but Ohio reporting in. We have skinwalker tales here, but ours are more of the evil (or not) shaman using animal hides/parts to shapeshift and play jokes on you/warn you variety rather than the inhuman howl and spook you and steal your skin/wreck your camp variety. These tend to crop up around the area where Shawnee territory meets Mayaami territory.
>>
>>17800995
Alrighty. Around 14, The local dog and boar population soared, and the police refused to do shit about it. Recently, A mother of 4 had dissappeared and law inforcement was too shitty to do anything. So my father, my uncle and some local men decieded to cull the population. He wanted me to get in on it, as I needed to "grow up sooner or later". During one of our trips, we waded deep into the forest and lost our way. We were trekking back to the town (My father had rather ok tracking skills and could tell his way back to civilization) And we came upon a spot that smelled of pure rot, like sewage but worse. While I was there, I had the feeling we were being watched, like by people. One moment I swore to god i saw a man's leg, but i shrugged it off. We had recently saw some boars here, so we thought it would've just been a dead boar. We'd tried to locate the source of the smell, but we couldnt. I had the smart idea to check in this old hollowed out some, and behold, some guy was laying there, half decayed and smelling of pure decay. I threw up and fell down, in shock. My dad began to shoot some boars watching us in anger, and took me back to the home. We didnt't really talk about it that much, but it was something. Cops just shrugged it off, but I always thought that place was weird.

(Cont, of course. the story's only just beginning.)
>>
>>17791700
kek
>>
>>17801103

please do hurry up anon
>>
Balkans have their fair share of creepy shit too. Both coastal and mountainous parts. In fact I have a story from just about every country of the Balkans except from Montenegro and Macedonia which I have never visited.
>>
Is the thread kill
>>
>>17790721
Nah, it's just dilapidated towns with only old people still living there, urban crackhouses full of krokodil addicts and a few packs of stray dogs roaming about.

If you're lucky you'll find a torn down military installation or radar station but that's it.
>>
File: 1465761852493.jpg (357 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1465761852493.jpg
357 KB, 800x600
>>17792734
>stalker
i was waiting for it to be mentioned in this thread
>>
>>17801315
What if thread was not killed?
>>
>>17790721
Russian anon here, lived in russia until recently and moved to america. Will greentext some of my experiences if anyones interested
>>
>>17801441
I am interest.
>>
>>17801452
good enough, lets begin (apologies for shitty english)

>be me 16 at the time
>my friends dare me to go camping in the wilderness to 'prove my manliness'
>decide to do it because why not
>find perfect place
>small clearing in woods
>have tent and basic materials for fire and things
>also took my dads pistol in secret
>trip goes well until nightfall
>sleeping soundly
>around 3am
>hear shuffling outside tent
>fuck me
>it is definitely walking
>it gets right up to side of my tent

cont.
>>
>>17801468
>gripping pistol for dear life
>walking stops
>can see a silhouette in the moonlight
>this thing looks tall as shit
>it stands there for forever it seems
>its arm starts moving
>it places its hand on the side of my tent
>it pushes a bit and leaves its hand there

now this is a decision that i seriously regret

>muster up the courage
>raise pistol in hands
>press it against the hand on the tent
>pull trigger

and thats the last thing i remember. I woke up the next day on the ground, tent was all fucked up and all my shit was scattered everywhere, also my nose must have been bleeding because there was dry blood coming from it. not my spookiest encounter but it was my first (apologies again for poor writing stucture)
>>
>>17801481
I eagerly await more.

Also, your English is fine.
>>
>>17801481
Waiting for more
>>
>>17801481
>and thats the last thing i remember. I woke up the next day on the ground,

This is what I find most interesting about your story. Was it a traumatic pistol?
>>
>>17801481
Tell us more, Anon.
>>
>>17801506
Russianon back, had to do stuff. What exactly do you mean by traumatic pistol?
>>
>>17801468
>>17801468
>(apologies for shitty english)

This is how I'll know the story will be good from now on.
>>
>>17791825
Thank you for this fascinating story. I am relieved you speak just enough English to clearly explain what happened but not enough versed that you are compelled to be excessively verbose and ruin a good story with annoying cliches. I want to hear more stories from you.
>>
>>17790721
In about 16 hours I'll tell you what happened with me out there. I'm a guy who likes to travel and go in the bush. Going to Europe for this after high school because lol daddy paid for it. I'll get to my pc then and tell you all.
>>
>>17792157
>look it up on steam
>one of the characters is literally miku
fuckin lel
>>
>>17796377
>>17796400
>>17796424
mynameaborat
>>
>>17801208
Please post your best stories from each country
>>
>>17791702
>that buzzing sound that makes you notice the silence
You mean tinnitus?
>>
File: das it mane.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
das it mane.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>17801468
>>17801481

MORE
>>
>>17801103
please continue, eagerly waiting
>>
>>17802394
>>
>>17800976
Go and rape some goats, muhammed
>>
>>17801051
That was a fucking fantastic read! Thanks anon! I gotta find that damn book!
>>
please don't let this bread die, where are the anons who left unfinished stories?
>>
>>17803406
Alternatively, does anyone know a good Russian writer that does horror?
>>
>>17803450
Does the Metro series count as horror?
>>
>>17803478
I am looking for something more supernatural.
>>
>>17796276
Die, non-believer.
>>
File: 1464600727009.jpg (499 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464600727009.jpg
499 KB, 1920x1200
Bump for interest
>>
File: 1465726115231-a.png (435 KB, 746x588) Image search: [Google]
1465726115231-a.png
435 KB, 746x588
>>17791958
This is intense. I couldn't even imagine this, man. Keep up the excellent stories, my friend.
>>
>>17792157
Wow anon. I uhh, I've played a bit of it but I got a weird vibe, mostly from the art of the characters, since their hair was weird. Anyhow, isn't it supposed to be a romance VN? If you can, let me know what you've found and I'll start playing it in a bit.
>>
>>17792749
It's fine. Finnfag here. I find it fine, Finns generally find it fine. Only some few places where there was some proper senseless slaughter, like Russian desants killing children left in villages, are gloomy and treated with the appropriate quietude. But there's still no sense of ghosts there or any damn magical unrest. Finns are a pretty pragmatic people, I'm afraid.
>>
File: 68132118 .jpg (145 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
68132118 .jpg
145 KB, 600x630
>>
good thread
>>
File: catsub.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
catsub.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
>>
>>17805537
Explain?
>>
>>17805537
>those symbols
>>
File: 99900-90.jpg (26 KB, 383x443) Image search: [Google]
99900-90.jpg
26 KB, 383x443
>>
File: 1405577689175.jpg (96 KB, 987x865) Image search: [Google]
1405577689175.jpg
96 KB, 987x865
>>17791825

Holy shit.

Please share more, anon.
>>
>>17791702
I'm actually Russian and you can't say Russia is mainly overcast and grey unless you state exactly what part you're from, Russia can actually be very sunny and just think about how large Russia is, its not all Taiga, we also have desert-like Steppe
>>
>>17805555
check'd
>>
File: ChildrenDreamPeace.jpg (150 KB, 1024x789) Image search: [Google]
ChildrenDreamPeace.jpg
150 KB, 1024x789
>>17793120
Fellow Winnipegger here. Do you know of any good urbexing places near-ish the city?
>>
>17791702
>claims anon is from Russia
>claims not to know intermediate English word at the beginning to convince audience
>uses complex sentence structure to add depth
>doesn't make it a bad sorry
>>
>>17805594
It looks like a chemical warfare attack drill of some sort. The spoopy symbols are poorly, poorly shopped in.

Anyone ever been to Omsk? I keep seeing that cardinal meme going around, something about the prevalent drug use there?

Also, I'd love to ride the Trans Siberian one day and see the scope of Russia. Too bad the visa is so expensive and relations with the US are so bad.
>>
>>17790721
The russian outbacks are great, but you want true desolation horror?

The Australian outback is so vast and unpopulated you could launch a hundred nukes west of Uluru and nobody would notice.

kakadu national park is a single untouched reserve that could fit the whole of germany inside of it.

The locals who have lived here for 50,000 years have stories. Stories that have never seen page or parchment, stories lost to time about monsters and magic and creatures beyond what western cultures could think up.

I have heard from the mouths of tribal elders stories that would make you skin crawl.

I know people who claim that with paperbark-fire and ochre paint they can sing a man to death from a world away.
>>
>>17806840
Tell these stories?
>>
>>17806840
yea anon tell us and stop gossiping
>>
>>17806931
>>17806953
yeah, she doesn't have shit
>>
>>17806840
No I checked, kakadu is 1/30th the size of Germany
>>
any good site to read about these mysteries, wilderness etc? seems really cool but google is pushing Dyatlov like none other
>>
>>17806986
Actually it's more like 1/18th the size of Germany, but that still big for one nature reserve
>>
>>17805694
I thought the same. Clearly stupid American playing FPS Russia rp ghostie edition
>>
>>17807296
It was still interesting, and a lot better than the majority of this thread's posts about the stories being fake or the thread being dead. At least we're getting some interesting OC instead of the usual christfagging, muh tulpas, and succubus shit.
>>
>>17793934
This is something that could be true.
>>
russia is a barren shithole lol, nothing to see there
>>
>>17790721
http://www.dewilewis.com/products/restricted-areas
Even if you don't believe in paranormal things, there are lots of abandoned laboratories of the USSR, leave intact. And if you read a history book about science and the USSR you should know that they did pretty fucked up things. Pic related is the winner of an important Europen Photography award, he take photos of abandoned USSR experiments.
It is pretty interesting, but OP, if you want to explore go with a group of well armed men with training, not because of paranormal things, but because of bears that have eaten human meat. Also wear some type of anti radiation suit, there are lots of radiation in these abandoned laboratories (nuclear experiments, broken x ray machines in hospitals, etc...).
>>
>>17808006
I'd love to see these, but I don't have $35, let alone £35.00.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (23 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
23 KB, 460x276
>>17801726
Rubber bullets
>>
>>17790721
Blurring is probably military installations. Russia is one giant spookden in itself, and the northern wildlands are bound to have an arseload of creepy unknown stuff. It is one of the largest sparsely populates areas in the world, after all.
>>
>>17790861
Cheeki breeki
>>
>>17792263
Fucking satyrs exist
>>
>>17792274
kek
>>
>>17792749
Another finnfag here, I've visited a lot of the old war memorial sites and what not here in Finland and never really gotten bad vibes from any. Sure, unimaginable bloodshed happened, but it was against a seemingly impossible-to-beat foe. There's glory in that alongside the sadness.

The only place of the war era that's given me a downright gloomy and very depressive feeling was the Mauthausen concentration camp in Austria, where I visited some years ago. That place was truly vile.
>>
>>17800984
Mook simply hates russians with a passion.
>>
Polishfag here, have lots of spooky Innawoods stories to share if anyone is interested. Plus local urban legends, etc.
>>
>>17808281
Yes, please.
>>
File: Bedzin11.jpg (45 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
Bedzin11.jpg
45 KB, 700x466
>>17808307
Let's start off with an urban legend. I used to live in a region called Upper Silesia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Silesia), which is generally unremarkable when it comes to spooky stuff, outside some made-up ghost stories catering to children and tourists. Several large cities, now post-industrial, the rest of the region being forests, farmlands and limestone quarries. There is a city, however, similarly unremarkable, and in this city there is a house (picrel). What is peculiar about this building is that among hundreds of people who tried to break in (it was abandonded during late 80s/early 90s, hastily and leaving everything intact) and spend a night there, not a single person managed to stay more than several minutes. I know of hardened boneheads who regularly fight in brawls that were unable to withstand the negative energy this house gives off. Everyone reports this: all the furniture without a single scratch, a lot of dust, magazines on the tables, some rotten food, clothes strewn around. The city council denies any knowledge of paranormal phenomena (obviously), and there are no records of current ownership. Due to some legal bullshit they can't bulldoze it, so it will remain a mystery for some more time.

More stories coming, give me severla minutes.
>>
>>17808357
Ok, let's continue. When I was 16 I went on a hiking trip with my two high-school friends. Ordinary affair - a tent, backpacks, some food, tools and spare cash. My father drove us to a campsite near the ruins of a late-medieval castle (picrel, the site of a fatal accident, a climber fell to his death 20 years ago there), so we could choose one of the many available paths, color-coded for length and difficulty. Being the faggots that we were, we decided to skip planning and hiking, and instead went to a nearby shop and got drunk. After the nightfall and a sudden spike in bravery, however, all of us went out in the search of adventures. Now keep in mind that while the campsite itself was pretty close to human settlements, the whole area is a bumfuck-nowhere inhabited by Eastern European equivalents of hillbillies and white trash, not exactly the go-to crowd for medical emergencies and help. We didn't go far (afraid of the dark), and when we came back we saw two figures sitting in our tents, flashlights in hands. One of us, the youngest one, told us to simply wait it out in the bushes, we did not bring any valuable stuff, and he'd rather lose his wallet than his head. I didn't need more convincing. What's interesting is that when we took another look at our tent, there was nobody there. Not a single person, no lights, nothing. In a matter of seconds the whole scene disappeared and the only thing left intact was our tent. The three of us hesitantly returned to the site and went to sleep. The next night was the ghost-hunting night. Armed with mighty Nokias we set out to find evil spirits living in the spooky Polish woods...
>>
File: mirow.jpg (169 KB, 900x599) Image search: [Google]
mirow.jpg
169 KB, 900x599
>>17808427
cont. forgot picrel
All of us shone the flashlights ahead, as if we were Bravo team from RE1, and one of us jokingly remarked that one of the branches looks like a kid nailed to the tree. Next thing I know we're running away like little girls (while the phones are recording everything) from an unidentified creature jogging on all-fours at a relatively moderate speed. Luckily our stamina didn't run out and the campsite was pretty far away from the site of the encounter. When we later checked our phones, the only legible thing was the sound of us running on gravel, and a high-pitched shriek not unlike those horror movie screams. To this day I'm not sure whether that was an audio glitch and a visual hallucination, or if we really met some kind of revenant or mutant.
>>
>>17808452
Any more?

Creature always could have been a deer. They spook easily.
>>
>>17808665
I need to take a nap (haven't slept in over 36 hours), will be back in a few hours.
>>
One night man tries escape from gulag.

Makes his way to cabin in middle of tundra. Inside is plain, but many family pictures on walls. He falls asleep. In middle of night he is put in sack and dragged out. The next morning he is shot like dog.

Pictures are windows. KGB always watching.
>>
>>17809035
Wow, that is actually the second time this pasta has been posted itt, gg summerfags.
>>
File: toughguy.jpg (6 KB, 188x233) Image search: [Google]
toughguy.jpg
6 KB, 188x233
>>17801481
>not my spookiest encounter

Fuckin Russians man. Share the "scary ones" then
>>
>>17808006
>http://www.dewilewis.com/products/restricted-areas

1. Airplane – amphibia with vertical take-off VVA14. The USSR built only two of them in 1976, one of which has crashed during transportation.
2. Former residential buildings in a deserted polar scientific town specialised on biological research.
3. Tropospheric antenna in the north of Russia – the type of connection which has become obsolete. There were many of them built in far North, all of them deserted at the moment.
4. Former mining town which has been closed and made a bombing trial field. The building on the photo shows the cultural center, one of the objects for bombing.
5. Pumpjacks on a spent oil field.
6. City where rocket engines were being produced in Soviet times. Was a closed city until 1992.
7. Screen for biological defence against radar radiation.
8. Deserted observatory.
9. Water contamination test at the lake around the previously closed scientific city Chelyabinsk-40. In 1964 there was the first nuclear catastrophe, one of the largest in history and equal in scale to Chernobyl, but it stayed secret. The city is surrounded by the lakes which are until now contaminated with radiation.
10. Test bench for missiles.
11. Former military base on the island, with an underground bunker.
12. The world's largest diesel submarine.
13. Landmark in the area of test underground explosions.

cont.
>>
>>17810151

cont :

14. Antenna built for interplanetary connection. The Soviet Union was planning to build bases on other planets, and prepared facilities for connection which were never used and are deserted now.
15. Secret city Chelyabinsk-40, which was not marked on the maps until 1994. The first Soviet nuclear bomb was created there. In 1964 there was the first nuclear catastrophe, one of the largest in history and equal in scale to Chernobyl. It stayed secret thanks to the fact that wind was blowing east. It is still impossible to enter the city unless one has special permission or relatives living there.
16. Stages of the space rockets.
17. Boiler house of a closed aerodrome.
18. Headquarters of Communist Party.
19. Waste storage of rocket fuel.
20. Hangar at the former firing field for biological weapons.
21. Antenna for interception of signals.
22. Coal processing plant.
23. Sarcophagus over a closed shaft which is 4 km deep – was one of the deepest scientific shafts in the world at the time.
24. Water intake.
25. Excavator on a closed quarry.
26. Ruins of experimental laser system "ZET".
27. Ground station for spacecraft control.
28. Scientific storage at far North.
29. Deserted observatory located in the area with the best conditions for space observations
30. Part of an unfinished space port.
31. Monument to the Conquerors of Space. The rocket on top was made according to the design of German V-2 missile.
32. "Bulgaria" ship lifted from underwater, 122 people drowned on it.
33. Memorial on a deserted nuclear station.
>>
>>17810155
>>17810151

All talked about - pictures here.

More details if you purchase

http://www.danilatkachenko.com/projects/restricted-areas/
>>
Chelyabinsk-40

Until recently this area was not included on maps and the Russian government denied its existence. No visitors had been allowed under any circumstances, and all residents worked in the facility (later referred to as Chelyabinsk-65). With the fall of the Soviet Union in the early 90’s, Chelyabinsk-40 was finally acknowledged by the government and granted town status.

In 1994, Chelyabinsk-65 was finally given a name: Ozyorsk.

Seventy thousand prisoners from twelve labor camps began construction of the underground city in 1945. The first nuclear reactor, Anotchka, was constructed in 18 months.

Additional nearby facilities would be constructed around the area later known as Ozyorsk (or Ozersk), which would house nearly 100,000 people and encompass some 90 square kilometers. The region chosen by the Soviet government was called the Mayak complex and was to serve as secret headquarters for nuclear research and development.
Aside from the nuclear scientists, most of the workers in the underground nuclear facility were prisoners who agreed to work in such conditions in exchange for a lesser sentence. Russian convicts were given the option to work 25 years hard labor in Siberia or 5 years underground in Chelyabinsk-40.

It really was a death sentence, however; no workers would live beyond five years with that level of radioactive exposure. Of course at the time, the convicts did not know what they’d be doing at this facility nor were they aware of the ramifications of increased exposure to radioactive material. Ultimately, the entire Mayak complex would be closed to all non-residents for nearly 45 years.
>>
File: underground city.png (353 KB, 1076x937) Image search: [Google]
underground city.png
353 KB, 1076x937
>fucking underground cities

Fuck russia. I'm scared shitless, if that is supposed to be true.
>>
File: underground city 2.png (106 KB, 872x887) Image search: [Google]
underground city 2.png
106 KB, 872x887
>>17810171
>>
File: lethal dose.jpg (26 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
lethal dose.jpg
26 KB, 400x274
Chelyabinsk-40 Today

Today radioactivity in the ground water around Lake Karachay has migrated several kilometers and it is said anyone standing on the lake shore would receive a lethal dose of about 600 REM in an hour.

Since 1978 Soviet authorities have been working on the cleanup, filling the lake with hollow concrete blocks, rock, and soil to help reduce the dispersion of radioactivity. Today, cleanup efforts have the lake nearly filled; only a small reservoir remains.

The Techa River’s barbed-wire fences have long since rusted and local residents rarely observe the warnings posted. The radiation levels are still 50 times greater than normal on the banks of the Techa.
>>
After reading about Chelyabinsk-40, Stalker seems like a cakewalk.

Holy. Fuck.

I'm never going to sleep again. Kill me.

I need a smoke right now.
>>
Abandoned Russian shuttle mid-build
>>
File: 14408753187070.jpg (135 KB, 990x743) Image search: [Google]
14408753187070.jpg
135 KB, 990x743
>>
File: ciudad17.jpg (140 KB, 950x629) Image search: [Google]
ciudad17.jpg
140 KB, 950x629
>>
>>17810778
Does it fly?
>>
File: ciudad17__4_.jpg (67 KB, 780x500) Image search: [Google]
ciudad17__4_.jpg
67 KB, 780x500
>>17810956
Head over and see if you can get her started, anon.
>>
>>17810961
Man, thats friggin cool. I would like to peep over there.
>>
File: 14408763528403.jpg (67 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
14408763528403.jpg
67 KB, 700x466
>>17811107
These are from that abandoned Russian places thread referenced in the OP
>>
>>17802457
Tinnitus is a disorder in which that sound invades your daily life. It's supposed to be loud enough to hear at all times not just silence but yeah it's much worse when the environment is quiet.
The buzzing sound itself has no name other than white noise if I'm correct
>>
>>17811215
Supposedly that slight ringing or buzzing sound you hear when everything around you is silent is caused by air molecules bumping into your eardrum.
>>
>>17801481
Possible alium?
>>
>>17806827
http://fuckyeahomsk.tumblr.com/

It's a Tumblr, I know, but oh Omsk.
>>
>>17795945
russia has a third of the US's population though. And the US only has 80,000 missing persons IN TOTAL
>>
I saw bear that did not drink of vodka as a kid. Pretty spooky if you ask me. But not much spooks when I lived there.
>>
>>17806840
Dont we believe that one terrorist group tested a nuclear bomb in the outback?
>>
>>17806840
Ausfag here. The people that claim these things have forced local supermarkets to keep deodorant under lock and key because they keep stealing it to huff it. They also needed an awareness campaign to teach them not to sleep in the fucking road.

They're not exactly a credible source.
>>
File: Megalith.png (528 KB, 548x378) Image search: [Google]
Megalith.png
528 KB, 548x378
There are those bizarre cyclopean megaliths.
>>
>>17791672
But what if it's not?
>>
>>17792085
What do you mean, old style clothes? Haven't you fucks always dressed in rags?
>>
File: Stone-fort-paper-mill-tennessee.jpg (181 KB, 638x478) Image search: [Google]
Stone-fort-paper-mill-tennessee.jpg
181 KB, 638x478
>>17792503
>For all we know there could be other prehistoric animals still living out there somewhere.
Not really. Wrangel Island is literally at the ends of the fucking earth- it's off the northern coast of motherfucking *Siberia*. sea that's so isolated that we routinely "lose" islands that are totally concealed by the winter ice. If they couldn't tough it out there, I doubt you're going to see anything that cool out in Siberia.
>There's a lot of spooky shit in TN, especially around the Appalachian mountains.
Those fuckin' Azgen.
https://esoterx.com/2014/01/03/the-moon-in-your-eyes-the-tragic-and-forgotten-history-of-the-azgen/
>>
>>17793773
What's a mshet
>>
>>17796235
Wrong.
>>
Further reading on chelyabinsk-40 is pretty good, it's like a real life SCP almost
>>
>>17805537
What an incredibly shitty shoop... the symbols on the papers on the desk aren't even aligned correctly.
>>
>>17792467
do you have any more stories?
hit me up, I want to hear more about the life of a russian roofer.
sniper spoops and suicide cults especially.
>>
>>17808112
You mad mi day >:y lofiu <3
>>
>>17801427
You made mi day >:y <3
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.