[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New video cards won't do anything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Kaylee Finger.jpg (174 KB, 640x556) Image search: [Google]
Kaylee Finger.jpg
174 KB, 640x556
I'm trying to swap the video cards in my pc, and my new ones won't do anything on boot. Both cards are PCIe3.0X16, and one of my slots is 3.0X16, the other is 3.0X4. I already uninstalled my video drivers, and my PSU is a 1250W plugged into the wall.
Here's what I've done so far:
>installed both, put power to both, boots for a couple seconds(no video), reboots, nothing
>installed both, powered one, nothing
>installed both, no power, boots with onboard video
>installed one, powered one, nothing
>installed one, no power, boots with onboard
>re-installed old card, powered, boots with card video, windows auto-detects card

Anything else I can try?
>>
Different slots? Is there a Slot 1 / 2, and so on?
>>
There's 2 PCIe3.0 slots, primary is X16, second is X4. I've tried switching the cards around, and switching PSU cables, with no luck
>>
Update Windows?

You can at least get to Windows with integrated graphics, try installing drivers? I never trust Windows to auto-detect anything.
>>
>>94536
It isn't drivers if it is trying to boot with no video with the card in. He should at least see the bios/diagnostic shit at the start.

>>94523
Are you sure you are putting the right power connector in to the graphics cards? Some will need an 8 pin power connector while others need a 6 pin connector.
>>
>>94543
These cards take a 8-pin and a 6-pin, each, so that's covered.
>>
>>94589
And you're giving them said?

Using a different cable for each connector?

And also connecting the +4 of the ATX24?
>>
>>94589
And you've plugged a hard disk power connector into the port on your motherboard, like you're s'posed to do when you're using more than one graphics card?
>>
>>94601
yep, yep, and yep

>>94611
you're talking about the extra 4-pin, right?
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 500x375
>>94638
>>
>>94853
huh, no I don't have that in. I'll let you know after work.
>>
>>94853
My mobo doesn't seem to have that
>>
>>94862
You seem to like keeping us guessing; what mobo actually is it?
>>
File: 5670_big.jpg (410 KB, 1000x928) Image search: [Google]
5670_big.jpg
410 KB, 1000x928
>>94864
whoops, sorry

Gigabyte GA-B75-D3H
>>
>>94874
gah, -B75M-
>>
>>94874
Could you just take a picture of your setup? It might make it easier to spot anything you might have missed.
>>
>>94919
unfortunately it'll be a while before I can get back to it.

I'll probably start a new thread when I can
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.