[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anon please help this retard figure out what kind of connection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: im fucking stupid.png (648 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
im fucking stupid.png
648 KB, 1000x563
Anon please help this retard figure out what kind of connection this is.
So far i've heard coaxial but I just want to be sure. Cheers
>>
I belive thats a mono audio jack
>>
I belive thats a mono audio jack.
>>
>>92140
oh so a stereo to mono adapter would be used to work it with a 3.5mm plug?
>>
File: splitter.jpg (33 KB, 493x479) Image search: [Google]
splitter.jpg
33 KB, 493x479
I think I might try pick something like this up.
>>
>>92139
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector

It's been around since forever and is still in use today. How do you not know what this is? Unless it's a case of you've seen it, but never knew its name.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 450x298) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 450x298
>>92142
>>92146
If it's a record player, it'll be outputting at phono level, so you will need a phono amp.

The idea that you could use a >>92146
is as ridiculous as using pic related to connect headphones to a guitar.
>>
>>92152
ah thank you m8, will look into a phono amp
>>
File: top photo.jpg (377 KB, 1476x885) Image search: [Google]
top photo.jpg
377 KB, 1476x885
Does the knobs on the side indicate a built in something? or is that standard on record players?
>>
>>92185
>>92147
At first glance, I'd say it was a standard RCA mono connector, but if that's the only outgoing plug it has, coupled the fact that the player has a balance option, it is a bit odd, as it suggests it's a stereo RCA, which I've not seen before.

But I also think OP is just trolling us at this point, if he isn't familiar with Treble and Bass knobs. ...but, on the off chance he's 12 - yes, that's basically a built in equalizer, with trebel affecting the higher frequencies, bass the lower, and balance the left/right speaker balance.

Can't read the top knob though... Throughput?

And before you ask, the 45/33/16 lever by the needle head changes the record speed, for use with different sized records, and the other lifts the needle, as you'll figure out if you pull it.

That needle's probably messed up as hell though.
>>
>>92204
Ah sorry,
I have almost zero knowledge about musical things.
I've tested it with a record I bought and the needle seems to work. You can hear the really quiet but still working song playing without any speakers attached.
Thank you for taking the time to provide some insight.

I'll try make it to a music/electronics store and see if they can assist me as well.
>>
>>92230
It is an odd cable, since it's two wires going into the RCA instead of one.

If it's an output, ya probably need one of these, then just standard double-male RCA's to plug it into something with RCA inputs.

If your inputs are 1/8th jacks, then plug that into one of these:
http://c1.zzounds.com/media/fit,2018by3200/quality,85/CMR-203_0017-bb1cab63ee167a0f57a1a13d09fa0ba6.jpg

I'm always hooking up stuff from the 70's and 80's into my computer and such, so that should work.
>>
>>92232
Thank you so much! I'll definitely give it a go tomorrow!
And if this doesn't work out it won't be much of a money loss.
>>
>>92242
Radioshack might actually be more likely to have what ya need than the music shop, even if it is overpriced and shit quality.

Hrmm... Theme hasn't changed in this tab yet - wonder if I can still post as Anon.
>>
>>92243
>wonder if I can still post as Anon
No, no I cannot. Maybe I'll get a good name this time.
>>
>>92139
that looks like its been modded. the left and right channel lines are going into that single rca female jack. if you want to get stereo again, you'll need to remove that and put a rca male plug on the 2 cables lines.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.