[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /wsr/ I'm looking to get a gaming laptop and am looking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1415916618665.jpg (514 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1415916618665.jpg
514 KB, 1280x800
hey /wsr/ I'm looking to get a gaming laptop and am looking for the best place to go to get the most bang for my buck
thx for any help u can provide anon.
>>
Not OP, but I'd be interested in hearing what to look for in a good gaming rig. Since I've spent my entire life as a console/handheld gamer, I wouldn't even know what to look for.
>>
Gaming laptops aren't a good idea.
>>
>>90426
but I need one for college I need the mobility
>>
>gaming
>laptop
>>
>>90483
>>90491
What about a cheap and efficent gaming DESKTOP?
>>
File: Screenshot.png (262 KB, 554x514) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
262 KB, 554x514
>>90494
what about your table space, anon. what if you have paperwork to do but you cant because your computer is on your desk top so you dont finish it and get fired and get divorced and your wife takes custody of your kids and you become a bum and your kids call you rick because her new boyfriend is dad to them and you cry in the rain because theres no hope and then jump off a bridge. ALL BECAUSE YOU GOT A DESKTOP.
>>
File: image_38.jpg (75 KB, 500x672) Image search: [Google]
image_38.jpg
75 KB, 500x672
>>90426
OP here let me clarify, I don't need something cheap I got up to 3k to spend I just want something well mad that will last a decent time and isn't overpriced or bulky as hell
>>
>>90931
I'm pretty sure if you were to get a modern graphics card you'd need to get a full sized tower.
What do you intend to play with your system? If you want to play GTA5 at 60 fps 1080p, you'll need a full sized tower. If you just want to play Risk of rain 60fps you can probably do that on a laptop.
>>
>>90426
>gaming laptop
>bang for my buck
>>90931
>last a decent time and isn't overpriced or bulky as hell
You are basically asking the impossible.
"Gaming" laptops charge over the odds for everything for mediocre results and are quickly outdated as you can't upgrade parts like the graphics chip..
If you are still adamant on splurging then just look at
http://www.lappylist.com/laptops/best-gaming-laptops/
>>
>>90954
different anon here, but i had to get a "gaming laptop" myself. as a pilot i tend to spend most of my time not at home, but in random hotels everywhere else, and carrying a tower is not feasible
>>
>>90833
Then put your computer on the floor
>>
>>90974
That is fine, just so many people don't understand the limitations that come with them. They think they can buy some "gaming" laptop on the cheap or even at a reasonable price and expect it to actually do well. It just doesn't work that way since high end laptops come at a premium or with really heavy caveats of poor quality, overheating and bulk. After all you are basically trying to squeeze the equivalent of a medium-high desktop in to a laptop form factor.
What the anon was asking for in the OP and in other places in the thread just don't fit in with with what "gaming" laptops are.
>>
>>90483
>>90494
bingo

>>90931
top of the line doesn't last a decent time, every day there is something newer

your best option is probably to buy a ready to go desktop with an i5/i7, then spend the rest on a graphics card, then: extra RAM, storage, cooling, etc.

one of the first things you should invest in is a method of backing things up
>>
Solution: don't buy a gaming laptop.
>>
>>90931
>I don't need something cheap I got up to 3k to spend
Then you'll be wanting one of these: http://www.eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,346,0)ec
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.