[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Acer aspire v nitro wont power on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 20160324_125247.jpg (281 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
20160324_125247.jpg
281 KB, 1280x720
Bought this laptop, got it today
started up fine, made my windows 8 account etc. Then i wanted to check the insides so i unscrewed the bottom and lifted the keyboard up (not fully as its attached to the motherboard and hdd) had a look, screwed it back in place and turned it on.
Except it didnt turn on. It doesnt respond at all but the charger light turns on when i plug in the power cable (pic related).

What the fuck did i do? help me pls, this thing cost me £800
>>
Something similar with mine, google how to o a hard reset with no battery or something, it'll work.
>>
>>86248
>Something similar with mine, google how to o a hard reset with no battery or something, it'll work.
It didnt work. Im starting to get worried that i broke yhis shit through static elextricity or something
>>
>>86245
bump
>>
Anyone?
>>
File: 1422398268034s.jpg (9 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
1422398268034s.jpg
9 KB, 235x236
>>86245
>Then i wanted to check the insides so i unscrewed the bottom and lifted the keyboard up
What have we learned?
>>
>>86286
I mean, I did it carefully like in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGsPqWtYXXw
Don't see why the heck that would break it.
>>
>>86245
1) You're a dumbass. Learn from this.
2) You probably broke the cable between the power button and the motherboard.
>>
File: 4.jpg (45 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
45 KB, 1024x768
>>86288
WHY THE EVERLOVING FUCK WOULD YOU OPEN IT IN THE FIRST PLACE??
It's a fucking laptop, it contains the same parts as 99,999999999904% of other laptops... All of which don't like being fucked with by some nosy spastic who just "wanted to see what's inside HURRRRRRRR".
I'm sure they will send out a press release the moment they start putting ass goblins inside.

tl;dr: if you don't know what you're doing, DON'T FUCKING OPEN IT. Take it back to the store and beg forgiveness.
>>
>>86293
>>86289
Cmon, you've got to be overreacting here. I did exactly as shown in the video. I took it apart to that level only because I was going to install an SSD in the free slot. All the cables between the motherboard and keyboard are connected.

I didn't even closely touch any of the components inside so frying it by static seems unlikely.
>>
>>86293
I bet he was checking to see if the insides were inside.
>>
>>86295
Oh, okay, you're right.

Now that you put it like that, it's clear that you didn't break anything and it's just coincidence that it worked before you fucked with it and it doesn't work now.
>>
>>86300
I 99% did fuck it up you're right. Just wanted to point out i didn't hurr durr into the laptop and smother my hands on everything inside like it seems to be suggested right now.

Anyway, its almost certainly a static charge that fucked it yes? The light on side still lights up when i plug in the charger if that means anything. I tried a hard reset to the best of my ability (bare in mind this is an internal battery).
>>
Fuck i did it. Sorry for being a pain in the ass guys. Turns out i needed to put some force on the area where the hard drive is when turning it on (Hard drive isnt actually screwed in inside but is held by some foam and the pressure of the case).

holy fuck that shit had me worried.
>>
>>86307
For fuck's sake.

You've dislodged your keyboard ribbon.

Learn how ZIF connectors work, take the top off properly, and put it back on properly.
>>
>>86245
>buys new laptop
>first thing he does is opens it up
Well done in voiding your warranty. So even if you fixed it any hardware problems that crop up later you will have to pay for.
>>
>>86325
Depends on the laptop.

Thinkpad warranties are still valid if you replace any item they've marked "field-replacable". So you can switch out the keyboard without voiding the warranty.
>>
>>86334
Going by >>86288 you have to lift the whole motherboard out basically to access the M.2 slot for the the SSD. I got a feeling that the warranty may not cover something like that. If it had a panel underneath that opened up that would normally be fine though.
Also this is Acer, I got a feeling their warranty isn't as forgiving.
>>
>>86343
The correct approach is to read your service manual, and see which components are marked as consumer-replacable (Lenovo and Dell call these parts CRUs).

For example, on my laptop the cards are marked CRU, and the keyboard and the palmrest are marked CRU because the cards are underneath them. The fingerprint reader inside the LCD bezel is not. This information is all in the service manual, which is on their website.

When you want to fix a business laptop like a Latitude or Thinkpad, all the information you need is readily available straight from the manufacturer. When you replace your keyboard, the manufacturer doesn't take it as an excuse to not replace a defective screen.

Once you go try a professional laptop, you'll never go back to consumer brands again.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.