[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /wsr/, I need some tech support. I tried to install Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: win2k.png (17 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win2k.png
17 KB, 640x480
Hi /wsr/, I need some tech support.
I tried to install Windows 2000 on a "modern laptop". I managed to create a bootable USB, but in the beggining of the installation it prompts an ACPI error, which I solved pressing "F7". Then, another blue screen is shown telling me that the installation can't access to the hard drive. The laptop has a SATA HDD, so there is the problem.
I can't include sata drivers with nLite, because it shows an error. What can I do?
I won't run a Virtual Machine because the program works with a hardware that only works on Windows 2k.
>>
is the hdd detected in bios? what model is it? where did you get the Win2k install disk?
>>
HDD is detected, and checked in "Compatibility mode" on a Generic Phoenix BIOS.
The laptop is a Toshiba NB200 (Netbook)
I downloaded a 140 MB .iso from the internet (not the original)
>>
Did you run it through Winlite? for anything? or did you just put the iso directly onto the USB?
>>
>>86235
I created a boot usb with rufus.
>>
>>86236

But did you use winlite for anything?
>>
No, not Winlite. Just the ISO into Rufus and then booted to the laptop.
>>
Is your windows iso sp4?
>>
>>86243
Yes
>>
>>86244

can you post pic of bios settings? especially hdd settings?
>>
File: 20160324_140210.jpg (4 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20160324_140210.jpg
4 MB, 4160x3120
1/2
>>
File: 20160324_140217.jpg (5 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
20160324_140217.jpg
5 MB, 4160x3120
2/2
>>
>>86251

sata controller mode, what are the options there? did you try them?
>>
Yes, Gives me 2 options. One is [AHCI], an the other [Compatibility].
>>
I had the same problem when I tried to install Windows XP on a recently purchased Dell Vostro 14 3000. I will be following this thread.
>>
>>86255
On Windows XP is much easier. You can find an iso with all the sata drivers alredy included.
>>
>>86254

Have you tried windows xp with compatibility mode?
>>
>>86262
Yes, but the problem is that the Hardware needs some drivers, that only work on Windows 98/2000 :S
>>
>>86258
Is that ISO available from an official source, or is it a private mod. Since I am using this lap-top for business (and with genuine CD keys) I would rather not use a private mod.
>>
>>86265
Private mod. https://kat.cr/windows-xp-professional-sp3-jan-2015-sata-drivers-techtools-t10085817.html
>>
>>86266
Thanks for sharing. I might take the risk, since otherwise my lap-top is unusable. Thanks.
>>
>>86268
Good luck!
>>
>>86254
You absolutely need "Compatibility", because Windows 2000 does not have AHCI drivers at all.

Also make sure you're installing a slipstreamed SP3 or later, because RTM, SP1 and SP2 don't support LBA48, and will scribble your disk if it's larger than 137GB.
>>
>>86264
Most 2000 apps and drivers will work on XP if you force them to install. The kernel is very similar; XP is essentially 2000, but done right.
>>
>>86240
Don't do that.

Use Easy2Boot's partition-image mode. The USB stick manipulates its MBR to appear as a single fat32 partition with the installer on, so the installer can read all the files it needs through the BIOS and doesn't need any install-time drivers (which don't exist for Windows 2000 anyway).
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.