[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, just started getting into anime and I found this Usagi Drop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9
File: Untitled.png (1 MB, 1366x728) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1 MB, 1366x728
Hey, just started getting into anime and I found this Usagi Drop one. It was really nice and quiet, which doesn't seem to be the norm from what I've gathered.
So I was wondering if anyone knew of any other animes like it. Something that isn't about combat or ancient supernatural stuff threatening the world.

I generally don't like all that "kawai" and yelly humour where they go all chibi looking or whatever. But I can let it slide if it's not constant.

Thanks for reading and possibly responding.
>>
You're right that it's not exactly common, but yeah, there's a fair amount of calmer anime out there. Look into something called Mushishi, I think that'd be right up your alley.
>>
>>8578
Thank you, the streaming site I use seems to have all the content. I'll get on that right away.

Then my brother says I should watch Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
>>
Non Non Biyori is a good relaxed anime

Also don't read the Usagi Drop manga if you were thinking of it.
>>
>>8567
>Usagi Drop
Now read the manga.
>>
Check out Mushishi and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. And most Ghibli movies.
In general, look out for anything labeled Iyashikei, which means healing, and is used to describe exactly stuff like that.
>>
>>8643
Not OP but I know about what happens in the manga and frankly I don't see the problem with it. Why does it bother people so much?
>>
>>8653
It doesn't personally bother me but I can see why it would bother someone who really enjoyed the cuteness and how Daikachi slowly grew into the parent role. I feel like it's worth it to give people a but if a warning
>>
File: chocolate and beer.jpg (377 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
chocolate and beer.jpg
377 KB, 1920x1080
>>8567
Watch Kotonoha No Niwa. It's a short movie, only like 45 minutes long. It's absolutely beautiful.
>>
File: 1433946979837.png (175 KB, 600x614) Image search: [Google]
1433946979837.png
175 KB, 600x614
>>8567
What you're describing is the "slice of life" genre and it's incredibly popular on /a/. SoL anime are generally either more focused on comedy or on "healing" (Iyashikei), and I assume you're looking for the latter.

Non Non Biyori is the most recent extremely popular (on /a/ at least) "healing" anime, so you can watch that.
My personal favorite is Aria, and I strongly believe everyone should at least try to watch it. Unlike most anime of this genre which tries to be "realistic", this one takes place in the far future where humans have terraformed and colonized Mars, and it has a fair amount of supernatural events. It's also a bit older so if you're a fag it might look too dated for you.
Most of this genre generally has an all-female or a predominately-female cast, but there are some examples of SoLs where the main cast is primarily male, e.g. Kimi to Boku.

Just remember, it's a huge waste to marathon these kinds of shows. You should take it easy and only watch like an episode a day or so. No need to rush.
>>
>>8630
Don't, it's so boring, mushishi is infinitely better
>>
>>8715
>it's a huge waste to marathon these kinds of shows
Why? I've enjoyed binging sol and iyashikei stuff.
>>
File: sora-darjeeling.png (279 KB, 704x400) Image search: [Google]
sora-darjeeling.png
279 KB, 704x400
>>8567
Sketchbook full Color's (yes, with apostrophe)
>>
OP here with a mouthful to read
>>8644
I've got the manga bookmarked, I'm going to read it on a rainy day. Should I try and find where it picks off from the end of the show, or just go from start to finish?
>>8643
Thanks for the heads up, I might know why you say this, because I have read about the manga, but I haven't started it yet. Thanks for the suggestion too.

>>8646
Yeah watching Spirited Away is kinda what made me realise it's not all combat and yelling. Mostly what I've seen is Attack on Titan, DBZ, Darker Than Black (season 2 was terrible), and One Punch Man, although I liked that one a lot.
I'm probably a "normie" when it comes to this kinda stuff. But anime is something I've sort of steered away from thanks to seeing weeb white girls when I was in high school.
Thank you too for the suggestion.
>>8661
Thank you, I'll bookmark it now.
>>8715
>if you're a fag it might look too dated for you
Hahah nah I always like new (in this case old) art style. But thanks for the info and suggestions too. Usagi Drop was only 11 episodes so I watched an episode a day. I marathon everything so I'll keep all these new shows in check. Also as I'm getting older it's harder for me to binge a tv show without seeing my reflection on the black screen after every episode and not feel like a bloated piece of shit hahah.
>>8732
Thanks for the suggestions too.

Thanks to all of you for the suggestions. You've all been a massive help so far.
Can't be fucked reading over what I typed so hopefully it's all good and well.
>>
>>8567
http://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop/userrecs
>>
File: 9QVr9Egh.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
9QVr9Egh.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
>>8567

Tamayura series, season 1 and 2
and the movies

>>8567

Tamayura series, season 1 and 2
and the movies

thepantlessanimeblogger com/2012/07/24/tamayura-hitotose-review/
>>
>>8567
Anon, just telling you that the plural form of anime is anime, not animes.

Anyways, Haibane Renmei and Mushishi seems like a good bet.
>>
try shirokuma cafe. its about a panda bear who hangs out with a penguin and a polar bear at the polar bear's coffee shop.
>>
>>8567
Give Hanasaku Iroha a look. It's not overly anime-ish, has no silly premise with combat or supernatural nonsense, and it's got heart.

>>8644
Don't listen to this guy. Never read the Usagi Drop manga. NEVER.
>>
Honey and Clover kind of gave me a similar feel, however I don't think Honey and Clover was all that good to be honest.
I also got similar vibes from Wolf Children, although it's technically supernatural but its in no way an action or life threatening or anything, and I actually liked that one. But that ones following the "parenting" theme of Usagi drop.
>>8643
I wish I heard this advice before I read the manga.
Ruined everything. Like seriously why the fuck did it go that direction, it all seemed 100% out of character for Daikichi. Was I just ignoring the subtext or what?
>>
>>10643
It was written by a girl with daddy issues.

I guess that is the danger of reading Josei manag
>>
Barakamon
>>
>>8567
Which site do you use to stream?
Cant seem to find it anywhere
>>
>>11592
>Which site do you use to stream

This board is DOA
>>
File: ariaAnimation02_1280x1024.jpg (262 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
ariaAnimation02_1280x1024.jpg
262 KB, 1280x1024
I asked this in another thread but it died. Does anyone know where I can get Aria subed bluray rips? I've looked in the usual places (Bakabt, Nyaa), but the best they have is 480p. That's criminal for such a show.
>>
>>8746
Don't read the manga, it will ruin the series for you.

Never read that manga.
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 750x1262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 750x1262
>>12556
An alternate universe where Aria got a bluray release?
>>
>>8567
Dude, just go watch Silver Spoon. It was made by the lady who made Fullmetal Alchemist, but she wanted to focus more on her own experiences, which gave us this perfect story. I watch it every chance I get.
>>
>>8630
>streaming
>>
try barakamon
>>
Garden of Words
>>
>>8578
Mushishi was great. Just finished last night. I recommend it.
>>
File: 1442946929168.gif (90 KB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
1442946929168.gif
90 KB, 480x272
>>12593
This is inconceivable! But I guess that's OK. I didn't want to be healed in the first place...
>>
>>12643
>who gives a fuck?
I didn't realise that I was watching everything all wrong. What am I supposed to do with myself now?
>>
Natsume Yuujinchou, or Natsume's Book of Friends, might be worth considering. There's danger and definitely supernatural stuff, but it's main themes are about getting along with others.

Acchi Kocchi is a cute school life slice-of-life series about friendship and puppy-love.

Potemayo is a slice-of-life about a school boy adopting this little moeblob that shows up out of nowhere, and the cute antics that occur as a result.
>>
File: 6331359561.png (135 KB, 381x495) Image search: [Google]
6331359561.png
135 KB, 381x495
>>12593
Except the bluray is being released this month anon. And we get a new OVA too!
>>
>>13448
I hope the OVA doesn't suck, I felt like Origination ended things well. But Aria's my all time favorite so I'll probably still love it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.