[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to get into anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: received_10205089644628408.jpg (63 KB, 720x1242) Image search: [Google]
received_10205089644628408.jpg
63 KB, 720x1242
I like animation and cartoons but I can't seem to get into anime. I love Samurai Champloo and don't really consider it an anime. Yesterday I started watching Attack on Titan with subtitles and I'm pretty impressed with it so far. Based on those two animes what are your recommendations.

I have already tried The Devil is a Part-Timer and I got about halfway through it, and I didn't even make it past the first five minutes of The Seven Deadly Sins.
>>
you might enjoy:
- black lagoon (works best with english dub, trust me)
- afro samurai
- cowboy bebop
>>
where'd you get that umaru and how much did it cost
>>
>>85487
That's actually my friends, and its origami. Don't think it cost him anything because he found it here in one of the crafting threads.
>>
based on what you like and disliked it seems like you enjoy mature anime for mature people.

>>85485
this guy reccomendations is right up your alley, id also add Psycho Pass and Fate Stay
>>
>>85485
Wow, these sound amazing, I'll have something to try after AoT!

>>85505
Thanks, from what I just read about Psycho Pass I'm really tempted to start it now.
And yeah, I don't mean to be like that but I like when an anime takes itself seriously. I also look at things like setting/backgrounds, lore/history, and most anime I run into is really perverted and generic.
>>
>>85505
>F/SN
I love F/SN but I also think it's really "anime" at times if you know what I mean. I would recommend Fate/Zero first since MUH ADULT CHARACTERS etc.

>>85499
It's not origami, it's papercraft

>>85518
If you're interested in a serious fantasy thriller, try Shinsekai Yori. The first few (three iirc) episodes are pretty bad buildup but it gets really good after that.
>>
As a general recommendation, when you find something you like, look at who made it and explore their works yourself. You like Champloo, so look into Shinichiro Watanabe. Check out Bebop and Space Dandy. If you like those, look into their episode directors. You like Attack on Titan, so the upcoming Kabaneri will likely interest you. Anime is really well documented, you have tons of information at your fingertips.
>>
>>85518
>and most anime I run into is really perverted and generic.
when you listen to music, do you generally prefer britney spears and taylor swift or do you listen to shit with substance and quality?
>>
>>85524
I'll keep your warning in mind when giving it a chance. I think I'll like it based on what I've read with the setting and lore.

>>85526
That's an idea I never thought about. I learned about SS through Five Deez and eventually Nujabes so i don't see why this method wouldn't work either.
>>
Boku dake ga Inai Machi is a show that will be concluding this friday which is a really good mystery thriller with gorgeous visuals.

If you want a longer running shonen show that isn't about screaming to get your powerlevels higher, try Hunter x Hunter. I think the '99 version is leagues above the '11 remake, but a lot of people think otherwise. The '11 remake also covers one more story arc (which is half the show).

If you watch Fate/Zero and end up liking it, try out Kara no Kyoukai. It's by the same author and takes place in an alternative universe so it feels a lot like F/Z. Different plot and characters altogether though.

If you want a tranquil myster show about exorcising spirits in a sort of medieval japan, try Mushishi.

If you want unique movies dealing with dreams blending with reality, try anything by Satoshi Kon. I especially recommend Perfect Blue.

If you want serious scifi with political intrique and cool action, try Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.
>>
>>85547
>Boku dake ga Inai Machi
>really good mystery thriller
>mystery
Only if you watch up to around ep 9 and even then it is obvious. After that you are in for disappointment as it goes to shit.
>>
>>85463
Tenchi Muyo Ryu Ohki OVAs
Gunbuster
>>
If you have the time for a movie, I recommend Sword of the Stranger. It has great cinematography, a kickass soundtrack, and a story that isn't cringeworthy.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2418/Stranger__Mukou_Hadan

Otherwise if you are into borderline homoerotic action anime, I would recommend JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. There is a few versions of the show. My favorite is the one starting in 2012. The new season airs in April.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14719/JoJo_no_Kimyou_na_Bouken_TV?q=jojo
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.