[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to start watching more anime. I haven't watched much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9
File: 1457379521671.png (22 KB, 358x371) Image search: [Google]
1457379521671.png
22 KB, 358x371
I want to start watching more anime. I haven't watched much in the past and I'm not entirely sure where to get started.
It's sorta hard to just google "what anime to watch", and I can't just start looking up anime, I need someone to sell it to me, to make me want to watch that shit.
So I guess to help you guys out I'll make the complete list of the anime I've enjoyed
>Cyborg009 (the early 2000s one)
>Nichijou
>What little JoJo I've seen
>DragonBallZ
>Squid Girl
>Old black and white Astro Boy
Help me out dudes
>>
>>83754
Oh I forgot to add Cowboy Bebop to that list
>>
>>83754
Evangelion
haruhi
gintama
clannad
monogatari
madoka
fate
shinsekai yori
lain
mishishi
nhk ni youkoso
toki wo kakeru shoujo (this is a movie though)
toradora
angel beats
durarara
chihayafuru
more jojo
hyouka
ttgl
flcl
death note
k-on (even though it's not that good

dashikoukousei no nichijou (if you liked nichijou a lot)
>>
>>83762
Yeah but what's so great about those. Why should I start watching them

Also
>Evangelion
Nah I tried that, I really couldn't get into it at all.
>>
>>83765
>I want to start watching more anime
>I'm not entirely sure where to get started.
I don't understand, what do you need to get started?
>>
>>83768
Someone to tell me why a show is good so I can be like "yes I agree that sounds good"
>>
>>83773
I don't fucking know man, can you tell me why you liked nichijou, or cowboy bebop?
>>
File: 48547.jpg (25 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
48547.jpg
25 KB, 225x350
Neon Genesis Evangelion - classic. just watch the end of evangelion afterwards and maybe the rebuild movies.

Great Teacher Onizuka - extremely funny, the characters are believable and you'll end up caring about them.

Samurai Champloo - amazing art-style and it was directed by the same guy who work on cowboy bebop.

Planetes - very interesting setup (year 2075 main characters dispose space debris) however i didn't enjoy the final episodes as much as the first ones.

Working!! - simple but comfy af. (hilarious characters in a restaurant sit-com).

K-On - pretty girls -pic related.

Welcome to the NHK - NEET in his early 20's crisis.

Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & Betrayal - if you like champloo this one is definitely a must watch.

Shigurui - maybe a little too 'gore-ish' but it's definitely in my top 5.

Oregairu - just watch the first episode and decide.
>>
>>83777
Alright I'll explain each one
>Cyborg009 (the early 2000s one)
I watched this on Toonami when I was younger, felt nastolgia so I looked it up years later and really got into it.
>Nichijou
This show was just a ton of fun and hilarious. I think a big part of my enjoyment was how it was a simple slice of life anime, with a couple weird characters like the talking cat and the robot girl
>What little JoJo I've seen
Buncha friends got me to watch this one, it's weirdly compelling and I can't tell you why I like it.
>DragonBallZ
Same reason as Cyborg 009
>Squid Girl
Pretty much the reason as Nichijou, also I like squids.
>Old black and white Astro Boy
I don't know, it's just really interesting to watch
>>
>>83779
So to respond to the ones I'll probably check out
>Samurai Champloo
Sounds perfect
>Planetes
Also sounds really good. The later episodes not being as good sounds like a lot of shows desu
>Working!!
Maybe
>K-On
A good chunk of my friends really like this one and I might check it out just to have more to talk about
>>
>>83784
>didn't pick oregairu
>didn't pick nhk
You believe in random strangers on the internet too much. How about you search them up for yourself and form your own opinions?
>>
>>83788
I just didn't want to respond to every one of them.
It doesn't mean I didn't add them to my "shit to watch later" list
>>
>>83779 >>83780
few others:

Trigun - it gives you that early 00's tv-vibe

Metropolis (movie) - old astro-boy style.

Barakamon - somewhat refreshing (calligrapher goes to small town and try to find himself)

School Rumble - silly but funny. title says it all.

Genshiken - if you want to know more about otaku culture/lifestyle this one will do.
>>
>>83762
>even though it's not that good
Just clearing up that that's a heavily contrarian opinion. It's probably one of the most beloved shows ever.
>>
File: X9rJJ[1].jpg (80 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
X9rJJ[1].jpg
80 KB, 1440x900
>>83942
> that's a heavily contrarian opinion.
No it's not. "K-On a shit" is a common and popular sentiment.
>It's probably one of the most beloved shows ever.
I think you're thinking of Azumanga, which it shamelessly rips off, to the point of stealing dialogue.
>>
>>83974
ur mom is a common and popular sentiment
>>
>>83974
>"K-On a shit" is a common and popular sentiment
Among contrarions.
>>
File: 1413950771126.jpg (5 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1413950771126.jpg
5 KB, 238x250
>>83974
>thinking Azumanga is good and that K-On! ripped it off
>>
File: 1403067775547.jpg (137 KB, 481x527) Image search: [Google]
1403067775547.jpg
137 KB, 481x527
>>83974
>streaming site quality
>saving the image twice
my fucking sides
>>
>Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Lives of High School Boys)
If you liked Nichijou you should like this too. Similar semi-ensemble cast with 3 "main" characters (but boys, obviously). I'd say it's less wacky and "out there" than Nichijou but still sketch based and lots of weird scenarios.

>Yu Yu Hakusho
A classic battle shounen series from the 90s. Fairly long (112 episodes), but it holds up well over time and is definitely worth a watch if you liked stuff like DBZ and Jojo.

>Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Comlex
A very engaging cyber punk crime drama with lots of political intrigue. Can be very dialogue heavy, but also has some very well choreographed and animated action scenes.

>Outlaw Star
Sci fi about a space-faring bounty hunter who gets roped into a galactic road trip by a girl he found in a suitcase. Gets a sweet ship, gathers a crew, fights Taoist space pirates with magic powers.

>Trigun
Sci fi on a desert world with an infamous outlaw main character and the various people he meets. Sort of episodic, but plot comes together toward the end. Actually pretty similar to Rurouni Kenshin in some ways.
>>
>>84259
You get a [1] when you paste the URL into the file selector.

Try it: Windows has been able to do this since 1996, and you've been saving images all this time like a schmuck.
>>
>>83942
dude, just because people like it doesn't mean it's necessarily good. and vice versa

I didn't like FMA, doesn't mean it's bad
I liked K-on (which is why I put it in my list), but it doesn't mean it's good
>>
>>84280
>sketch based and lots of weird scenarios.
Whoosh.

It's a satire of shit like K-On!. You won't get very much out of it if you've not seen the stuff it's parodying.
>>
>>84302
>dkks no nichijou was my first (non sword art onlin) anime
I don't think I missed any references, maybe I should rewatch it
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x281
>>84306
Maybe give it a year or two.
>>
>>84319
I watched it in 2013
>>
>>84301
There's no objective good or bad, it's stupid to say something as outrageously loved as K-On! is "not that good" when majority opinion says otherwise. That's all my point is. OP is new to stuff and I don't think spreading misconceptions is any good.

>>83974
I like Azumanga Daioh a lot but K-On! is a hell of a lot more popular.
>>
>>84365
I'll bear that in mind for next time I see a thread asking "Heya /wsr/, what's a popular anime? I'd like to watch an anime that's popular."
>>
>>84367
You understand what I mean though? Like, I don't like Evangelion or Ghost in the Shell but I'm not gonna go around telling people they're no good.
>>
>>84365
>>84372
Why are you so obsessed with the majority's opinion? Isn't it only your opinion that matters?
If the majority somehow told you that your most favourite anime ever was bad, would you still think it's bad?

I can safely say that tokyo ghoul anime is total shit, regardless of what the "majority" says
>>
>>84372
Sure. But you realise what you're saying, right? K-On! is good at the moment, but ten years from now it's going to stop being good because now something else is good and it's not good anymore? And when they were making it, it wasn't good at all, but it started getting better after it aired?

This is why you can't use "how many people think something's good" to determine if something is good or not. The number of people that have heard of something has nothing to do with its merit, and changes over time, often for reasons that have nothing to do with the work itself.

Look at Sora no Otoshimono, which is bizarrely popular with newfags, despite being obscure and not-good. Turns out it's on Netflix.
>>
>>83754
I enjoyed Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt
>>
File: 041so1_400.jpg (42 KB, 310x292) Image search: [Google]
041so1_400.jpg
42 KB, 310x292
what the fuck is this I just wanted to watch some anime oh my dick who gives a shit fucking christ STOP
>>
>>84393
Yeah this one looks really neat. Put it on the list
>>
File: 1458595717057.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
1458595717057.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>84399
First time seeing /a/utists argue? It usually doesn't happen on /wsr/, but I guess K-on is serious business.
>>
>>84406
It's just an anime about music where they don't actually play music
Why do people care this much what the hell
>>
File: 1458448871255.jpg (189 KB, 766x865) Image search: [Google]
1458448871255.jpg
189 KB, 766x865
>>84411
Because arguing about tastes is extremely important for the correct development of a weeb, and this walruses petting webforum is the perfect incubator for people like this.
>>
>>83754
tenchi muyo ryu ohki ovas, has light saber battles and cat-rabbit spaceships
>>
>>84302
>It's a satire of shit like K-On!
It's really not. You sound like you've never watched K-On.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.