[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Professor assigned the class to make a program. He hasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: tesseract-landing-cover.png (304 KB, 664x663) Image search: [Google]
tesseract-landing-cover.png
304 KB, 664x663
Professor assigned the class to make a program. He hasn't once required the text book for anything and there's only 5 weeks of this semester left. I never bought or rented the book because it would've been a waste of money to only use it once or twice.

Name of the book is:
>Data Structures and Abstractions with Java, 4th edition. Carrano. Pearson Prentice Hall. 2015.
Couldn't find it anywhere on piratebay or any pdf versions online

The thing he's having us use the textbook is
"The first 2 classes will implement the provided Bag interface as doubly linked data. One class is the DoublyLinkedNode class and the other is the DoublyLinkedBag class. Details for both can be found in the textbook."

Could anyone share a pdf file of the book, the section that explains this, or explain how these doubly linked things are written?
>>
I am unable to give you any details about Java, but a "doubly linked list" is a list in which each node has two pointers: one that points to the previous node in the list, and one that points to the next.
>>
>>82237
That makes sense, it's a place to start thanks bro
>>
I have a link to the third edition. They shouldn't be that different
>>
>>82266
>>82083
https://kat.cr/data-structures-and-abstractions-with-java-3rd-edition-pdf-t7770738.html#comment
Here you go
>>
>>82268
>>82266
Thank you so much!! The content should be the same authors just like to change exercises and tweak little things usually, editions are such a scam.
>>
Well the underlying system behind editions are great. Its just abused.
>>
>>82348
>>82284
Depends on the subject.

Computer Architecture changes every four years, so old editions of stuff like H&P are only good for the theory.

Cryptography likewise.
>>
>>82083
Check your library, they may have it or a pdf version.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.