[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God-tier, must read manga
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: images (6).jpg (46 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
46 KB, 300x449
I recently got into manga and I need a must read god-tier list.

Preferably something with a good translation/scanlation I can read online.

Thanks in advance.
>pic is only (long) one i've read so far
>>
Start with Vinland Saga. The site you want to use for it is called My Manga Online.

After that, maybe Vagabond.
>>
>>80276
thanks, art is looking awesome on both
>>
Tezuka stuff, of course. I can't give specific recs outside of like Astro Boy and Black Jack but the dude is influential enough to have almost singlehandedly shaped post-war manga. I'm gonna lurk the thread too cause I also want to know what the classics are.
>>
>>80283
Yeah, they are pretty godlike. I can definitely recommend anything else by the same people as well.
>>
Devilman if you're looking for something crazy but entertaining
>>
>dragon ball
>god tier

Is this your first shonen?
>>
I'm not sure if it is online ( if it is let me know ) but you may want to give Hunter x Hunter a go. I myself have not read the manga yet ( but I really want to ) but have seen the 2011 animation and I've never seen a better action/adventure animation. Now might be a good time to begin reading it too given Togashi is finally going resume writing the story.

http://kotaku.com/manga-hunter-x-hunter-is-actually-returning-1764952579
>>
>>80310
Fuck off, the Dragonball manga is worlds better than the anime, which is probably all you know about.
>>
Aku no Hana
>>
>>80311
The manga has a lot of cool stuff going on with the art style so it's definitely worth doing, but the 2011 anime is so well directed and such a faithful adaptation that I think it's a better idea to watch that first.
>>
>>80311
Gonna go ahead and recommend the original adaption to you if you liked 11. I liked it a lot too, but for me at least the 1999 series beats out the remake in every aspect. Sage cause off topic.
>>
Berserk. The anime is shit compared to the manga, which is 10/10 imo
>>
File: 1456698969579.png (168 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1456698969579.png
168 KB, 400x400
>>80311
>Linking to Kotaku
>>
File: Manga_list_09.jpg (2 MB, 1490x5757) Image search: [Google]
Manga_list_09.jpg
2 MB, 1490x5757
>>80263
Read the big three by Naoki Urasawa - Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys.

For Tezuka - Tetsuwan Atom (Astro Boy), Buddha, Phoenix, Jungle Emperor Leo (not completely translated yet). Clockwork Apple if you want short stories.

Shotaro Ishinomori - The Way of Ryu, Robot Keiji, Kamen Rider, etc.

Classics everyone should be familiar with: Ashita no Joe, Devilman, Akira, Nausicaa, Hokuto no Ken, Gegege no Kitaro.

Everything on the pic and on this list:
http://hoxtranslations.blogspot.com/p/manga-recommendations.html
>>
>>80459
thermae romae is quite good. as Tonari no Seki-Kun.
Glad to see them here.
>>
>>80321
is it wrong that i also like tha anime? like, a lot
>>
Gantz is god tier if you like gore, and can someone give me recommendations of stuff like Gantz?
>>
If I still am interested solely into old school anime, where might I find fully translated into English Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star?
Unmirrored and original Japanese print layout, please.
How about Unmirrored but English AKIRA?

>>80459
Also this.

I'm not even interested in One Piece and stopped being a huge manga and anime fan back in 2002.
>>
>>80263
Good choice, OP.
Vanilla DB is pretty good/funny.
Try some xxxHolic, Akira, Tsubasa reservoir chronicles (i'm a sucker for it), or A silent voice.

//HEAVY// emphasis on Akira and A silent voice.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.