[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a certain antivirus objectively better than the others? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (21 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
file.png
21 KB, 186x186
Is a certain antivirus objectively better than the others?
I'm currently on Avast Pro and it will expire in 20 days or so, and I want to know if I should change or not. I'm looking for something that is rather affordable (hopefully below $50 annually), but not as cheap (or one of those free knock offs).

A bonus if you can find one that doesn't bother you with alerts and doesn't bloat or eat your memory
>>
Just look up the popular ones, and pick one. I don't think there's that much difference.

And paying for antivirus is silly, unless there's specific features that you feel you absolutely must have. Never bothered, personally.
>>
Forgot to mention, I use Avast myself, for what it's worth. I like that it has a silent mode so it doesn't bug you at all (eminently useful during gaming).

Requires email registration even for the free version, just have a throwaway account handy.
>>
>>79325
I kinda agree that it's silly, but call me paranoid or whatever, I just want to feel safe and I don't want keep reinstalling my shit everytime something is broken.
For me, it's more of an assurance, that if I pay for the product, I know that they'll keep working and updating the software. It's like a difference between hiring a security guard or just telling your friend to look after your stuff.
>>
>>79333
Well, it's your money, so fair enough.

There are other ways to protect yourself, in addition. I use NoScript and Adblock. HTTPS Everywhere is kind of esoteric, but it's free so why not.
>>
I use common sense 2016, and I run a malware bytes scan once every two weeks.
>>
This is the only site I know of (outside of wikipedia) that runs comparison tests:
http://www.av-comparatives.org/
>>
I used Avast for a while and it was alright.

Replaced it with Advanced Systemcare 9 a couple months ago. Nice interface, easy to customize scans. Also comes with a shred delete feature.
>>
avira, when it's premium, never bombards you with alerts and random shit. it's simple, it works, it's a license.
>>
I only have adblock and tinywall.
Just don't click stupid shit.
>>
MSE
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.