[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting help for my laptop (lenovo). I need to change my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1415501130735.jpg (31 KB, 500x535) Image search: [Google]
1415501130735.jpg
31 KB, 500x535
Requesting help for my laptop (lenovo).

I need to change my boot order so it can run my windows 7 disc first.

All other guides I've looked up aren't helping as they have different menu screens. Any help would be appreciated !
>>
>>79237
Bumping for help
>>
Save me anons
>>
>>79237
Lenovo laptops have their own recovery button. Shut down the PC, push the button, hold it for a while, wait for the BIOS screen. Proceed to steer the BIOS menu with arrows.

What's your model?
>>
If I press F12 on my lenovo while powering up it let's me choose which device do I boot with, try that.
>>
>>79279
Lenovo g50
>>
>>79284
Alright I'll.give it a go
>>
>>79284
I tried spamming fn f12 on startup (no dice ) so now I'm trying to hold on startup, but both won't take me to the menu I've seen once
>>
File: IMG_20160314_230743.jpg (911 KB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_230743.jpg
911 KB, 1920x2560
>>79279
IM IN ANONS! but now I'm clueless on what to do
>>
>>79319
Go to boot and change the settings there.
>>
File: IMG_20160314_232547.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160314_232547.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2560
>>79324
I told the computer to boot through cd but on startup security won't let it. Now I need to go back and turn off security, but it won't automatically take me back to the boot menu. What F# Do I need to get back?

(Pic related is the only thing I can get to, which is useless if I can't turn off security)
>>
>>79331
do you have any accessible computer that you can use on? can you still log in to the computer that you're using right now?
>>
>>79343
No something fucked up (driver related) killed my windows 10, so I can't boot through that, and windows 7 is locked. My only hope is to access through startup
>>
>>79347
Well, your only hope is to get that boot security unlocked. Laptop installation is a little bit uncanny.
I would recommend getting a portable apps, or attaching a virtual disk, but since you can't login you'd have to make it work.
>>
>>79348
I got to the boot options before, to switch to DVD drive even when I couldn't login, I just need to figure out how to do it
>>
I managed to run the DVD boot but its stuck on the starting windows. I hope its normal
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.