[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: blurry.png (822 KB, 1040x594) Image search: [Google]
blurry.png
822 KB, 1040x594
I'm trying to watch my animu but apparently there is some sort of glitch.

During the episode, at some random times, the screen will get blurry and pixilized with different colours, the audio will be auto skipped and subtitles will be for a brief moment gone.

I download animes as batches from nyaa.se and nyaa.eu, horrible subs mostly. I use u-torrent and MPC-HC to play them.

This has already happened to other animus and downloading them again is not working.

I used to be able to download them fine but for some reason I can't right now.

Anyone know what to do?

Thanks.
>>
>>77046
You're decoding 10-bit h.264 with a decoder that thinks it's decoding actual h.264

Install CCCP.

It'll replace your broken DirectShow filters with ones that actually work. You can keep your MPC-HC, or use the one that comes with it.
>>
>>77049
Great. Let's hope it works.
After I install CCCP, what do I have to do?
Redownload everything again?
Just plain the animu?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>77050
Just play it.

If it still doesn't work, then it never downloaded right, and you should:

- find a torrent with it in
- start then pause it
- copy the files you have over the downloaded ones
- force a re-check, then unpause the download

Your torrent client will re-download whatever parts of the files are broken, without you having to download any parts that you've already downloaded correctly.
>>
>>77056
>find a torrent with it in
Ok.
>start then pause it
Ok.
>copy the files you have over the downloaded ones

What? I don't speak /g/ish

>force a recheck

What does this mean?

>unpause the download

I can do that.

Sorry I'm really a tech noobie.
>>
>>77062
Okay, on the off-chance you're not just trolling me:

You know what files are, right?

And you know you have some files that you downloaded and they don't work?

And you know when you open a torrent file in a bittorrent downloader, it downloads some new files?

Well what you need to do is "copy" the old files you have over these new files.

Then you need to find the option in your bittorrent downloader that tells it the files have changed, and it should "re-check" them to see if any new data has showed up because of this.

That way you only redownload the 1% of the file that was broken.
>>
>>77072
or just re-download the whole thing. they aren't big.

I don't remember what it looks like but it could be a hardware problem. Underperforming or other issues.
OP, tell us about your laptop. model info is enough.
>>
File: gmaki.png (189 KB, 503x504) Image search: [Google]
gmaki.png
189 KB, 503x504
>>77072
Not trolling.
I know what files are.
I understand a file can be "broken".
I understand the very basics of torrenting.
What I don't understand is this part of the copying over the new files.
Let me see if I got this right:

>start downloading the animu
>u torrent will create a new folder
>pause at 0%
>copy the broken animu that is in another folder
>paste it in the new folder, the one u torrent has created and the animu will be downloaded too
>unpause torrent
>??????????
>fixed (in theory)

did i miss anything?

>>77130
Windows 7, 32 bits.
8GB ram.
i7 processor
Don't remember graphics card, but it's of Intel's HD Graphics series, runs BF3 at medium with 50 fps.
The PC is fine, I don't have any issues with it to be honest. Most issues I have are in regards with my internet provider and to be honest I haven't had any in some months.
Now that I remember it, I do recall trying to open the anime folder when the files were not completely downloaded.
When they were downloading from u torrent, and files being created in a new folder (the torrent had some 13 or 14 files), I saw some files in the folder, and thought that they were already completed, while the last ones like episode 12 and OVAS were still being downloaded. So I thought that playing the first ones wouldn't cause any trouble. Could this be the problem?

I'm on a computer by the way, it's not a laptop.
>>
>>77148
he means that utorrent can check the file's data to match with the torrent's record, so it can find out which pieces are or are not correct.

when the torrent is stopped, right click and use force recheck.

After checking, it will redownload only the broken parts.
>>
How old is your version of MPC-HC? Most anime released is done in 10bit encodes now, so if you haven't updated MPC in a long time you probably wouldn't be able to play it. I'd recommend a fresh install of MPC-HC 32bit version with MadVR and Xy-subfilter as your plug-ins. You don't need CCCP, it's actuall bloat at this poitn.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.