[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My university blocks our computers from having any P2P files
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (12 KB, 228x221) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
12 KB, 228x221
My university blocks our computers from having any P2P files sharing on our computers. If ew have them then we are blocked from their network till we remove it. I have used IRC to get anime and that works fine, but i cant get games and movies. Does ANYONE know how I can get around this?
>>
oh and the little program they use is called NacAgent is that helps
>>
>>54833
Any VPN that offers OpenVPN: it looks identical to HTTPS, so you can't block it without blocking Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
>>
the software doesnt block P2pP connections it blocks P2P software, a vpn only protects my incoming and outgoing connections, so a VPN will not solve my problem
>>
>>54841
You're an idiot.

Your computer is a black box to network devices.

A network can no more block specific software on your PC than it can specific people sat at the keyboard.
>>
The check for the P2p software isnt done over the network, its done locally by a software we HAVE TO DOWNLOAD in order to get access to the network, the software runs scans to check if we have and programs that violate their rules, it doesnt even need to be connected to the netokr to check those things
>>
>>54860
>its done locally by a software we HAVE TO DOWNLOAD in order to get access to the network
Wow, that's really shitty.

I can't imagine this this does any advanced checking, it probably only checks if you have "illegal" programs installed. Try using a portable version of a torrent client, you don't need to install those so they might not show up.
>>
>>54869
Exactly what i was thinking i would try, hopefully that works, going to try it later today when i get home
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.