[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shonen anime for someone with extremely low tolerance for anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 12.jpg (173 KB, 1443x1075) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
173 KB, 1443x1075
Are there any decent shonen (or "shonen-y" seinen) titles meeting these criteria?

> Characters aren't edgy little shits that yell at everything or walking tropes
> The plot isn't "i must get muh revenge for killing muh parents" or anything along those lines
> Battles don't last 10-15 episodes and don't rely on using same OP attacks over and over again
> There's no fillers or fanservice
> Humor, if present, is actually funny and doesn't rely on lame sex jokes

The only series like that I've found so far was Claymore, but the ending left me disappointed. If you're going to suggest something, please make sure it's a completely self-contained experience, i.e. doesn't require reading any manga or playing any games to understand the story. Thanks in advance for suggestions.
>>
Are you looking for shonen or just action shows. Because almost all shonen have those tropes, because thirteen year old Asian boys like the tropes.
>>
>>49111
> Are you looking for shonen or just action shows

Either one's fine.
>>
File: 1454474005917.webm (3 MB, 1067x600) Image search: [Google]
1454474005917.webm
3 MB, 1067x600
>>49114
I don't really like to many action shows, but I really enjoyed the Yozakura Quartet remake (along with the OVAs). It's got really nice sound direction as well.
>>
>>49083
Hajime No Ippo is pretty good for that as long as you dont mind the idea of a boxing anime, the characters are all pretty interesting and enjoyable and the fights are exciting and the boxers all use prett varied moves and styles. The idea of a show where every fight takes place in the same setting might annoy you though, and having matches last around 3 episodes on average might annoy you.
>>
>>49083
Baccano
>>
>>49083
Try One Punch Man

Literally takes like every shonen trope and makes fun of it.
>>
>>49122
Did you make this thread before?
>>
Watch Gintama (past eps 1+2). It's parody/action and every episode is fairly self-contained. Longest arcs are roughly 5 eps long.
>>
>>49083
Innuo, full metal alchemist?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.