[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting more pages worthy of going on my bookmarks toolbar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.png (983 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
983 KB, 1920x1080
Requesting more pages worthy of going on my bookmarks toolbar. I reset my pc and It feels like it's missing something.

Bonus: suggest any changes to my desktop.
>>
>>48566
Here's something to bookmark: http://t-santa.tumblr.com/

Don't change that desktop, it's already perfect.
>>
Rainmeter: show fancy shit on your desktop
>>
>>48578
Holy crap, awesome stuff. Thanks!
>>
>>48579
Used to have it, I couldn't find a good skin though. Any suggestions?
>>
>>48588
Not really. Mainly use Linux, so I use conky instead of rainmeter, so I don't know any decent themes.

Btw, daaamn. Is that firefox? Last I checked it looked like a turd.
>>
>>48598
Stock Firefox still looks like a turd, I fixed that up using stylish.
>>
>>48606

Mind sharing that css?
>>
>>48566
Discard the background image.
It consumes resources but doesn't do anything productive. And you don't get to see it very often nowadays: most of the time is spent in a browser. Use the classic Windows 98 green background, as it's the most efficient one.
Put the task bar on the right side of the screen: Everything in it will become much more readable and accessible.
Consider putting icons for your semi-commonly used applications in your desktop, and shortcuts to your most used folders. I don't recommend putting icons to the most used applications because for those, the task bar is more convenient, or even pressing WIN+R.
Don't use such garbage as rainmeter. It's too much information which you neither need to see at a moment's notice nor as often as you see your desktop, and it also consumes valuable computer resources. All you really need is the time and date, which are already in the task bar.
>>
>>49159
*left, not right side
>>
>>49109
https://userstyles.org/styles/117846/microsoft-edge-style-square-tabs
>>
>>49159
There is no classic Win 98 theme in windows 10. The amount of resources that a wallpaper consumes is insignificant on a modern machine.
>>
>>49259
Thanks anon, appreciate it.
>>
>>49163
Good in theory, but:

7 and later don't let you blow the taskbar up to 50% width anymore, so there's no longer any way to read the window titles

The "taskbar can't be fucked autohiding" bug from Windows 2000 is still alive and kicking

The sides of the screen are right next to a bunch of hot targets, so sticking the taskbar there prevents you from just flinging the mouse at, say, the project browser in VS, the toolbox in PS, or the menu bar in anything.

Having the taskbar come out only when you clicked it would fix this, but a) it can't do this out the box, and b) clicking the taskbar focuses it and so breaks stuff like the system tray language bar

You could always not autohide the taskbar, but this defeats the principle of not-having-a-bunch-of-annoying-irrelevant-useless-shit-on-your-screen-24/7.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.