[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: brave.jpg (458 KB, 1280x991) Image search: [Google]
brave.jpg
458 KB, 1280x991
How's this build? How about having two SSDs instead, 1 120gb for OS and 1 120gb for games and a 1T Hard Disc Drive?

Case : Corsair Carbide Series Spec03 White LED Case
CPU : Intel Core i5 6600K Quad Core (3.5GHz, 6MB Cache, overclockable 4.4GHz+) Socket 1151
CPU Cooler : Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler
CPU Thermal Paste : Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
Overclocking : Wired2Fire Overclocking (non-standard cooler required)
Tuning and Optimisation : Wired2Fire Tuning (BIOS, Driver and OS Tweaks)
Graphics Card 1 : Asus Strix nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB GDDR5 PCI Express Graphics Card (Overclocked) (VR Ready) (Includes Rise of The Tomb Raider)
Memory : 16GB Corsair DDR4 2400MHz C14 Dual Channel Memory Kit (2 x 8GB)
Motherboard : Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Motherboard
System Drive : Crucial BX200 240GB SATA III 6Gb/s Solid State Drive
Storage Drive 1 : Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200 64MB Cache SATA III Hard Disk Drive
Optical Drive 1 : DVD-RW 22x

Power Supply : FSP Non-Modular 750W Power Supply (Silver 80 Plus Certified)
Cable Management : Wired2Fire Cable Management
Case Fan Upgrades (choose quantity) : Corsair SP120 Static Pressure Fan (High Performance)
Sound Card : Onboard HD 7.1 Audio
Operating System : Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
Build Options : Standard Build (5-15 working days)
Warranty : 3 Year Return to Base Warranty (2 years parts and labour 3 years labour)
>>
lower the ram to 2133 (if it saves money) the upgrade in ram is not worth it if you can buy a game with said money instead.
Avoid Seagates mechanical HDD's, they break a lot. Western digital have som HDD's that's faster than the others as well.
And if you have a decent pair of headphones which i wish you do, get the asus xonar DX soundcard and install some third party drivers for it. The difference in sound quality is worth it.

Can't speak for the others since i'm a cheapshit that only can afford AMD. Might want to invest in some case fans depending on your preference. Some are more silent and won't bother you as much while others are better than the standard ones.
>>
>>46672
>decent pair of headphones
Was gonna go for "Asus ROG Orion PRO 7.1 Headset (ROG Spitfire USB Audio Processor)"
because it's the first 7.1 headset option at £60

Is the 750W Power supply overkill or is it better to just stick with it, for £22 less it's a 500W one

for memory the next one down from what's there is "16GB Standard DDR4 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit" but the Corsair is only £10 more
>>
>>46672
That was the other thing I was wondering about, the standard case fans are silent ones, but I can choose between "Corsair SP120 Static Pressure Fan " or "Corsair AF120 Air Flow Case Fan" don't really know the difference between static pressure or airflow but they are both £14 and you select how many you want so I don't really want to jack up the price by having to get 3 of them, i'll take the standard free ones and buy fans at a later date if I feel i need to
thanks for advice btw

About the SSD, what size should I get if im gonna have a lot of games run from it, 240? and have the OS on it too? or 120 for just the OS and 240 for games? Don't know if it's a waste of money and unnecessary, I've only ever had this alien ware pc that ive had for almost 7 years now
>>
>>46691
Would advice against the gaming headsets. I've had steelseries siberia v2, razer kraken pro, and the razer swtor. None can compare to proper headphones at the same price. And don't get the 7.1 headset because you think they will give you surround. My 2.0 does the same thing.
Since budget seems to be limited "you did go for the cheapest 7.1 headset after all" You might wanna look at the cheaper audio technica headphones and a garbage mic.

SSD = 256Gb
Put the games you play the most into it, and the OS ofc.
>>
File: 1433621763605.jpg (277 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1433621763605.jpg
277 KB, 1280x720
>seagate
>>
>>46672
DDR4 is fucking dirt cheap right now. the bump down to 2133 would only save 10 bucks at most.

Looks good anon. You dont really need the sound card though. Theyre pretty much useless now, use that money and spend more on the GPU if anything . Also get a modular PSU thank me later.
>>
>>47114
Oh and forgot to add, if you actually planned to clock that shit, i wouldn't downgrade the PSU.

>>47406
Is that so? Guess i just haven't gotten the update that would turn my soundcard to shit yet. A better cpu for that socket would probably be in the i7 series. 130~ bucks more ish, might be too juicy. Can agree on the PSU though.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.