[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer crashes/freezes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 02G-P4-3753-KR_XL_4.jpg (114 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
02G-P4-3753-KR_XL_4.jpg
114 KB, 1200x1200
I recently (Dec 30) got a new monitor (U2515H) and I've been getting BSODs/crashes ever since.
January 2, 3, 16, 18 & 19th.
Here's the analysis from WhoCrashed:
http://pastebin.com/QXmmaAm6

On the 20th, I uninstalled and rolled back my GPU drivers.
It worked for the day, but on the 21st I got a crash again.
This time with no helpful information in WhoCrashed:
http://pastebin.com/KzFkywg8

So I Googled and I found out that I wasn't the only one who had this problem.
However, a lot of people got it fixed by just rolling back the GPU drivers.
I found this solution:
http://ccm.net/faq/6210-nvidia-nvlddmkm-sys-error-message
So yesterday I followed the instructions and it worked.
But I still get crashes with the same WhoCrashed information: nothing.

Here are my specs:
>CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 860K 95W, FM2+
>GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB
>Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ AX

And now my monitors sometimes turn black and displays "no video input" and then works again and sometimes my computer freezes.
The freezes and crashes usually happen when I watch a YouTube video or a movie.

A friend of mine told me to RMA the GPU and hope for a replacement or maybe even get a 950.
That's my last resort and I'm hoping I can find a solution before resorting to that.

It's been reported that people got flickering with this monitor and that it enters power saving mode.
The fix for this is to not use the mDP to DP cable that's included.
So I got a hdmi cable, but it didn't fix it.

Help.

My build is about 7 months old btw.
>>
>>40105
Just RMA the GPU, I had a similar issue when I built a small system with that GPU for my brother, you can keep rolling back as much as you like but it won't fix it for more than a few weeks.

Warranty should cover everything but the postage there.
>>
>>40112
Alright.
A friend of mine told me that I'd probably be able to get the 950 as a replacement.
It's about as good as the 750Ti, right?
>>
>>40124
I'm almost 99% certain you'll get a 950 since they wouldn't have a 750ti just laying about for some warranty reasons and have a look at GPUboss for the proper specs of both cards together.

Since I'm feeling nice too, here's the link
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-950-vs-GeForce-GTX-750-Ti
>>
>>40133
Thanks!
Yeah, they don't even have it listed on their website anymore.
>>
>>40143
I thought so, since it's EVGA too, you'll have it back within 2 weeks max, I had a problem with my 770 once when I first got it, sent it back from Australia and had a SC 770 back in return, they really are good guys since the first 770 was only the very base model.

Best of luck to you anon too, hope they can sort you out fast, I know what it's like to be without a PC for a while.
>>
>>40149
>2 weeks
Nah, more like a couple of days.
The store is local and has 1-2 shipping days.

Once again, thanks!
>>
>>40153
>Nah, more like a couple of days.
Shit, I wish it was like that here.
And no worries man, 750ti is decent but it has its problems.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.