[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Last night I had a dream about a mixture that instantly made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 11021.jpg (647 KB, 800x532) Image search: [Google]
11021.jpg
647 KB, 800x532
Last night I had a dream about a mixture that instantly made you happy and I was wondering if that existed in real life
I don't want to deal with depression anymore
>>
>>37947
It's called "heroin".
>>
>>37973
I was thinking something more legal
>>
>>37975
Not instantly, but from half an hour to an hour, prozac/fluoxetine makes you happy for like a day.

It makes you come down hard if you don't take it daily though. And it fuck with your kidneys hard.
>>
File: diaphragmatic breathing.jpg (468 KB, 3300x2550) Image search: [Google]
diaphragmatic breathing.jpg
468 KB, 3300x2550
Any substance that induces euphoria usually has bad sideffects.

What I recommend is starting with diaphragmatic breathing, it physically calms your body down, and focusing on the task of breathing can calm your mind.

In my experience, calming down even a little bit gives you some mental freedom to think about things, so from there you can use that bit of mental energy too look at some online resources:

Here's a good audio track for calmer thinking
>http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicM.mp3

Here's a good pdf about automatic negative thoughts.
>http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/AutomaticThoughts.pdf

When I'm feeling like shit I usually take my negative thoughts as fact, but doing the above breathing exercises and then remembering what I've learned about automatic thoughts helps me get to a calmer place. Not super happy, but less anxious and more able to assess my problems.

Here's a good pdf about unhelpful thought patterns. Stop for a minute, and compare any negative thoughts you're having with these. If you recognise any, that means other people have gone through the same, and they have been recognised by experts as unhelpful ways of thinking. It also means they can be changed, so there's some alternatives in blue.
>http://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/docs/UnhelpfulThinkingHabitsWithAlternatives.pdf

These techniques can make your mind calmer, and don't require any substance abuse!
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.