[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PS4 audio not working through Line-in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1433704543612.png (203 KB, 381x403) Image search: [Google]
1433704543612.png
203 KB, 381x403
I wanted to get my PC and my PS4 audio to come through the same pair of earphones, so i don't have to have one ear for PS4 and one for PC. Here's what I have at the moment. My PS4 connected to my monitor (ASUS VN247) via HDMI, then My PC connected to the monitor via DVI-HDMI (HDMI end is in the monitor) and then i have a 3.5mm male to male audio cable from the monitor to the Line-in port on my PC. I have set the "speaker" as the default playback device and have the "Line-in" as the default recording device. This is where the problem starts, I can switch the channel and play on my PS4 using the earphones in the PC AND hear the audio from my PC like music and that, but when i switch channel againto the PS4 channel the PS4 audio cuts out and i can only hear whats on the PC. I've tried all that i can find myself since there isn't any other questions like this, I have also tried using a different HDMI cable on the PS4, a HDMI cable instead of the DVI-HDMI one and I tried using a small TV instead of the monitor but still nothing has worked. Is there anything I've missed or does the PS4 stop transmitting audio when I switch channel?
>>
>>32527
Wait, so do you want to be able to hear your PS4 when you don't have your screen set to the input it's using?
>>
>>32594
Yeah I want to be able to hear the PS4 audio when I'm not on it's channel.
>>
File: $_35[1].jpg (19 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
$_35[1].jpg
19 KB, 300x300
>>32527
Then you need one of these.
>>
File: $_12[1].jpg (30 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
$_12[1].jpg
30 KB, 500x420
>>32527
Or for better sound quality, a sound card with a digital in, like this one.
>>
would i plug the PS4 optical lead into that and then would it be the red and white port to 3.5mm female then into my Line-in?
>>
>>32636
Yup. The PS4 always outputs out its digital audio port, no matter what mode the monitor is in.
>>
>>32654
Ah alright thanks for your help. Hopefully that works.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.