[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
got redirected from /a/, so you guys are apparently my last hope
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8
File: 130564425638.png (125 KB, 735x422) Image search: [Google]
130564425638.png
125 KB, 735x422
got redirected from /a/, so you guys are apparently my last hope

I'm looking for the anime adaptation of "the new gate" which I'm sure I've watched 3 episodes of at around 1 year ago. Whenever I try to search something related it comes up with log horizon, sword art online or accel world.
All I need is the japanese original title, since apparently "the new gate" is only the name of the light novel.
Any help will be appreciated.
>>
I think it's just called "the new gate" in Japanese too

http://myanimelist.net/manga/82593
http://myanimelist.net/manga/82427
>>
>>31768
that's the novel though, I'm looking for the anime. and there is no anime called "the new gate"
>>
>>31765
Are you sure the anime you're thinking of is the new gate? The wiki page says it's an LN that got a manga adaptation but doesn't mention an anime.

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/THE_NEW_GATE
>>
File: 1452260345548.png (283 KB, 546x432) Image search: [Google]
1452260345548.png
283 KB, 546x432
>>31775
yes I'm sure. I was looking for replacement anime for log horizon at that time and they only had like 2 episodes out. I've waited for more episodes and kinda forgot about it. Just found the manga again hours ago and looked everywhere, but with no success. I'm starting to question my existence here...
>>
File: winter2015v4.jpg (3 MB, 1803x4811) Image search: [Google]
winter2015v4.jpg
3 MB, 1803x4811
>>31779
>yes I'm sure.
Well then, here's a list of stuff that aired around this time last year. Knock yourself out.
>>
File: autumn-anime-2014-v5.jpg (3 MB, 1659x4200) Image search: [Google]
autumn-anime-2014-v5.jpg
3 MB, 1659x4200
>>31779
Just in case, here's autumn.
>>
File: spring7.jpg (3 MB, 1958x4700) Image search: [Google]
spring7.jpg
3 MB, 1958x4700
>>31779
And spring.
>>
>>31782
>>31784
hm thanks. Not in these lists either. But since autumn had log horizon s2, maybe it was between s1 and s2.
do you might have spring14 and winter13? I'm maybe wrong about the time I've watched it.
>>
There is no anime adaptation of The New Gate. You've mixed something up.
>>
Maybe you're thinking of Overlord?
>>
>>31789
I don't know who's doing anime charts these days but for that time period these should be fine.
https://atxpieces.wordpress.com/
>>
>>31792
I'm of sound mind and healthy body, no record of family psychologically diseases and I don't take drugs. I know I've watched an animated version of the first encounter between the main hero, some knights and that elven shopkeeper and got reminded of it when I read it hours ago.
>>31795
nah, it's not overlord, log horizon or sword art online.
>>
>>31797
thanks, will rummage through the archives.
>>
>>31798
Btooom? Hataraku Maou-sama?

Unless you've gotten it confused with a vaguely similar show I think you may have just had a dream about it or something. That's happened to me for some stuff.
>>
A very real possibility is that you've been inadvertently sent into an alternate timeline where an anime adaptation of The New Gate does not exist, even though it did in your original timeline. There's nothing that can be done about it but you might be able to find other people with similar memories to yours.

This is a recurring phenomenon - do you remember it as the Berenstein Bears or the Berenstain Bears? This site has more examples of how this works:
http://mandelaeffect.com/about
>>
>>31802
yes I thought so too, but it's not possible because I've watched that after I came home from work in the afternoon and nowhere near sleep.
and no it was clearly the setting of "the new gate". That's why I'm starting to question my existence. It doesn't make any sense at all. The only possible solution I can think of is that the manga might be a adaptation of an obscure OVA with another title, which had multiple parts. Then again: doesn't make sense.
>>
>>31805
Never watched that show. Not native english, I'm familiar with the concept though
>>
File: 1316966201541.gif (395 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1316966201541.gif
395 KB, 240x180
So I'm either crazy or alternate timelines are real. Time to visit a therapist either way. Thanks for your help anyways.
>>
Try giving a plot summary of what you've watched so far.
>>
>>31825
guy fights some battle, everybody is allowed to log off, he gets sucked into light, new world new me, wanders around, finds some knights, bitchy mccuntface is getting his ass whopped, lord bitchmccuntface is breaking up everything, knights leave, guy explains what's happened to him, end episode 1
episode 2 lifts curse of black haired elf, gets sent to capital, hidin powerlevel, still get found out by everyone but everyone is completly okay with it, fights with guild leader, gets accepted, first quest is picking herbs, suddenly OP monster, gets rekt by hero, brings back jewel, everybody eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh'ing, end episode 2

does that help?
>>
>>31888
This sound kind of like Overlord.
>>
>>31890
it's not overlord. the guy isnt some "evil" undead overlord, he's just a human
>>
.hack maybe? I haven't watched it myself.

Did it look newer?
>>
not .hack either. main hero is a black haired, somewhat tall human.
Also I confirmed my story with my friend who watched log horizon too and he remembers me talking about the anime I'm trying to find here.
So I'm back to thinking something was messed up with the name of the anime. And I also think they maybe only did like 3 episodes and then cancelled the series (could explain why it doesn't show up on the lists that anon gave me)
>>
>>31915
oh and I don't understand your concept of "look newer". It definetly wasn't some 90's/00's anime and the manga was written in 2013. So I guess yes?
>>
Are you SURE you didn't just read the manga of it and it was so good you remembered it as an anime?
>>
>>31805
Maybe he watched Steins;Gate
>>
>>31972
Nah, I can remember the difference in story and colour between the novel and the anime. Otherwise I would have said" fuck it it's a dream", you know?
>>
>>32038
The human brain is funny. It is very easy to convince the brain of things that it should remember. The next day the brain will remember them, and even minuscule details that weren't even part of your description of what it should remember.
There's been numerous experiments on the topic, ranging from scientists giving people fake childhood memories to people seeing something and immediately afterwards being misled in a conversation about what that thing was.

Don't feel too bad about it.
>>
File: 1419071534415.png (19 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1419071534415.png
19 KB, 200x200
>>32065
I won't. It's just frustrating because it was only like 1-2 years ago and my memory is pretty vivid about it.
But since really no one is finding anything about it, I am probably wrong and it was all just a dream.
Thanks to all the people in here anyways.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.