[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
there is something seriously wrong with my computer... Windows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: a40.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
a40.gif
2 MB, 448x252
there is something seriously wrong with my computer...

Windows Update has been asking me to do the same 2 updates for maybe about a month now, I thought that maybe it's the updates themselves that are glitched or something and I hid them.

but now, AMD Radeon Settings is starting to tell me to make the same update again. The current version being 15.30 etc. to 16.15 etc. When I make the update, everything is successful and it tells me to reboot, after I do, it tells me my version is 15.30 again and that I must update to 16.15

It's like my computer forgets everything everytime It opens up but then again, my desktop hasn't lost anything I've been putting on it.

I remember at school, computer being programmed to not save anything but I sure as hell didn't configure my PC to do that, there's no way I could have done it accidently either, is it a hardware problem?

How do I fix this? Please Help!
>>
File: Untitled.png (308 KB, 1893x584) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
308 KB, 1893x584
>>31728
The latest AMD Radeon driver is 15.30, not 16.15. I believe you are either checking in the wrong place, or have installed a virus.
>>
>>31791
it has changed since I posted it

someone told me they had the same issue, I guess AMD must have removed that update and are working on fixing it
>>
>>31921
in other words, I guess my computer is ok, it was just a weird coincidence that both windows update and AMD asked me to install the same updates over and over again

hiding the 2 windows updates works, It's not that much of a big deal, but it's weird and I'm kinda concerned

they are:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB3097996) 1.7 MB

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5, 4.5.1 and 4.5.2 on Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server 2008 R2 x64 (KB3098781) 10.4 MB
>>
>>31922
Things you can try:

Removing and reinstalling .NET (can't remember what versions of Windows you can do this for 4.5 on)

Googling the KB numbers and downloading the updates manually
>>
>>31927
thanks anon, I'll try that out
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.