[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a really hard time finding good anime to watch since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 62146161894614.png (533 KB, 622x805) Image search: [Google]
62146161894614.png
533 KB, 622x805
I have a really hard time finding good anime to watch since im so goddamn picky.
somebody attempt to impress me with something objectively good please.
all anime ive ever seen:
https://kissanime.to/MyList/934261
>>
>>30346
>cowboy bebop unwatched
>DBZ watched everything, even bio broly
Holy hell anon. What are you doing?
go watch bebop this instant.
also noted that you didnt see the original Vampire hunter D. Bloodlust is better due to budget, but you may want to give it a chance, especially seeing as you got through the original gundam
>>
>>30362
im already on episode 2 of bebop.
>>
Zetsuen no tempest, darker than black, psycho pass, sidonia no kishi, the sky crawlers, shingeki no bahamut, Eureka 7, Phantom: requiem for the Phantom, Zankyou no Terror, Fate stay / fate zero series, death note, Ergo Proxy, Shin Sekai Yori, Akira, and Rahxephon are a few of my favorites. Almost all of them are some form of seinen and lack any cutesy bullshit that plagues current releases. Have fun.
>>
forgot to mention to check my bookmark folders in the link.
>>
>>30346
Watch yourself some Evangelion bro. That shit is pretty much essential.
>>
>>30431
i perused some of your folders. Some of your dropped at episode 1 series make me pretty sad. Your subpar folder also makes me very sad.

You might like Claymore. Some people really really like it. I didnt care for it for reasons, but if you enjoyed berserk you may end up liking it.

Give Record of Lodoss War a shot too.
I dont know how you put Vampire Hunder D in subpar though.
>>
>>30431
i plan to watch that at some point since i like gainax
>>30439
i ended up not really caring for any of the characters except for meier link.
>>30411
watching the fate/stay series with friend and im not really a fan of what im seeing so far. nothing too terrible but nothing i would say i like.
>>
>>30411
i was planning on watching eureka 7 though.
>>
You might want to diversify. It looks like you've mostly only seen ecchi and action shows minus one or two shows/movies.
>>
>>30450
see >>30419
>>
Disclaimer: I'm not going to bother checking what you've seen.

Majestic Prince
Nadesico
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Tokyo Ravens
Katanagatari
>>
Watch JoJo and read the fucking manga in whatever order you prefer
>>
>>30346
Black Lagoon
Gunsmith Cats
Dominion Tank Police
You're Under Arrest
Slayers
>>
Well, since Kaiji is one of your favorites, you should probably check out Akagi. Also, try Ashita no Joe.
>>
>>30446
I can't say much for the story but animation quality is what made me continue to watch it.
>>
>>30446
>watching the fate/stay series with friend and im not really a fan of what im seeing so far.
That's because all the anime adaptations besides Carnival Phantasm are terrible.
>>
>>30346
Anon stop watching anime and start Reading Manga.
>>
>>30574
the most recent anime adaptations are fine. They may not live up to your vn, but as a show they work and are well animated. Their major drawback is that they rely so heavily on the viewer being already invested and knowledgeable of the setting and characters, and even sometimes the events.

>>30446
> fate/stay series with friend and im not really a fan of what im seeing
see above.
but as one anon said, go watch Akagi. Its pretty great.
As another suggestion, go see One Outs. Its fantastic.
>>
>>30620
>the most recent anime adaptations are fine.
The most recent adaptation is mediocre for the first half, and pacing goes to shit for the second half. How a series can have so much nothing going on with so little character development is beyond me. Also, DEEN's fights were more exciting, if worse.
>They may not live up to your vn, but as a show they work and are well animated.
>well animated
Yeah the instagram filters threw me off, too, but aside from a few scenes, UBW has weak animation and offensively bad CGI just all over the place. Ufotable is getting worse at animation, because they were better at moving backgrounds ten years ago than they are now.
On a seperate note, what's up with that soundtrack? Sure, they flash EMIYA around once or twice, but aside from that it's all really boring and forgettable. Both OPs are pretty terrible compared to their Vita counterparts, let alone Disillusion.
Moreover, the series has this overwhelming air of chuunibyou.
>b-b-b-but the VN was chuuni as fuck!
No, characters were chuuni as fuck. Shirou was all fucked up in the VN but the anime does little for his character other than "stupid moralfag." All the out-of-place exposition about ideals and morals makes the series seem incredibly immature.

Oh, and every other scene does that stupid "walk circles around a poorly-animated 3DCGI room" shot that Urobuchi used in Fate/Zero like it was going out of style.
>>
>>30620
>>30632
just read the fucking vn, screw the anime.
there is literally no vn adaptation that's good.
>>
>>30546
tried our akagi and im not feeling it. akagis attitude towards everything pisses me off and hes way too op from the very beginning. kaiji is the superior character overall.
>>
>>30648
i gotta say op, your pretty retarded when it comes to this stuff. seeing as you just kinda brush everything off as not feeling it, none of these recommendations will help you. May as well keep doing roulette and hope it works out.

also, there really is no reason to say if such and such is a superior character over another when they are from different series, even if they have similar setup like akagi and kaiji.
>>
>>30654
idk i told you im weird when it comes to anime. but dont get the wrong idea, not every anime i drop i deem as hot garbge. a lot of the shows i drop i still respect and can see why other people would enjoy them.
>>
>>30656
ah, well, given how you feel about akagi, One outs isnt for you. its far more akin to akagi than kaiji.

I see you dropped lodoss war at episode one. that's too bad. was it the animation? too bland a setting?

I'd say you may want to try nadia or some of the ghibli films. They wont take up much time, many have a great charm too them as well as dynamic characters.
Then again, you didnt care for sword of the stranger, which also confuses me.
What would you say makes a series enjoyable for you? character traits? character arc? trends such as the downtrodden rising above their station? or maybe fluid animation?
>>
>>30663
sword of the stranger felt like the whole movie only existed for the final fight scene. which was amazing, but a good ending isnt enough to be deemed as good as a whole.
lodoss war i actually saw a long time ago but forgot to put it on my list. ill probably go back to it.
as to what makes a series enjoyable for me its hard to say.
i think i favor good character development and writing over animation and fightscenes.
but at the same i put gurren lagann under good because even though its fucking retarded and its something i would normally turn down, it managed to do the retarded theme correctly for me to the point where i could enjoy it.
>>
>>30482
i also reccomend danshi koukousei no nichijou <3 one of the funniest ive seen
>>
i dont usually do this op, but for comedy i recommend Haganai and danshi koukousei no nichijou or Noucome
For some cool shit i recommend Mirai nikki though im sure you have heard about it before so im going to recommend Charlotte
And for Thriller/horror/gore Higurashi or Another
>>
File: 1452376458033.jpg (86 KB, 896x508) Image search: [Google]
1452376458033.jpg
86 KB, 896x508
<name of this anime?
(google didn't help and i don't want to make a new thread)
>>
>>30773
I guess you have heard about most of these by the way, but nothing wrong with liking some mainstream anime if you ask me =)
>>
>>30776
pls anyone
>>
>>30776
Joshiraku.
>>
>>30776
this remided me what happend to the anime general thread
did mods delete it or did it just die and no one bothered to make another one
the general was good for one off questions
Also why not make a new thread thats what the board is for?
>>
>>30793
dude that made the general thread the few times it was around got shouted down.
I dont like generals or the idea behind them, but they do have some benefits like catching one offs as you mentioned.
>>
>>30794
Catching one offs? If it can't be found by googling then make a thread. Thread gets fufilled and new threads take its place. And if your thread 404s without an answer wait a few days and try again. Circle of life.
>>
>>30793
>the general was good for one off questions
No it wasn't. If it didn't get answered in five posts, it didn't get answered at all.

Remember, also, that one-off questions are the entire point of this board.
>>
>>30736
i need to apologize for lodoss war though since its actually pretty amazing. i dont know what bullshit went through my mind when i dropped this.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.