[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help with this motherfucker of a pc. Ever since doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: fåkk.png (31 KB, 765x511) Image search: [Google]
fåkk.png
31 KB, 765x511
I need help with this motherfucker of a pc. Ever since doing a clean install of Win8 a couple of days ago, the fucker's been acting like a total dick. Now, the latest problem I've stumbled upon is that this fuckboi of an asshole doesn't want to use my fucking dGPU, and instead uses the shitty Intel fuck. I've tried almost everything, and I'm all out of ideas. Any of you had the same, shitty problem?

I really need help with this shit. Started modding Skyrim yesterday and didn't realize this shit until after I downloaded all the mods, and I really want to fucking play right now...
>>
File: kukkhue.png (17 KB, 620x366) Image search: [Google]
kukkhue.png
17 KB, 620x366
And this fucking picture annoys the fuck outta me...
>>
>>2806
right click uninstall you stupid newshit
>>
>>2810
Which one?
>>
>>2832
The one you don't want to use, obviously.
>>
>>2866
I'm afraid it won't automatically select the other GPU and just seppuku itself.
>>
Anything?
>>
>>2806
It'll use it fine.

You just need to install an up-to-date Nvidia driver, that knows your game needs the GPU.

They're designed to cooperate: the Intel one runs most of the time, delivering a composited desktop without burning its way out the bottom of your laptop, and the Nvidia one runs when you want to run a game at a tenth of the framerate you'd get on a desktop.

You can also right-click the game and choose "run with Nvidia GPU"; if that option's not there you need to update your Nvidia drivers.

Don't go uninstalling anything: it's the intel GPU that's actually driving the display, and you need to be running the full Intel drivers for the Nvidia chip to be able to render through it.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.