[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help with printer REQUEST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 90164264_925.jpg (27 KB, 500x487) Image search: [Google]
90164264_925.jpg
27 KB, 500x487
Hey Anons! My father bought a laptop around 3 weeks ago with Windows 8.1 64bit on board. He likes to print colourful photos on special paper and he is an expert with his old but good printer: Epson Stylus Photo 925.

Unfortunatelly it does't work. My dad downloaded newest drivers from Epson's creators site, dedicated for Win8.1 64bit; switched on transmission of files and other recommended by Microsoft stuff.

System notices that the printer is plugged into laptop, but does not recognise it as a printer both in the devices panel and when I want to print something.

pic rel, it's the printer

pls help!
>>
>>22498
By the way, that printer works on the old laptop with Windows XP, however it's too old to handle some of programmes that my dad's current one can handle, i.e. LibreOffice or some photo editors.
>>
>>22498
try getting the win7 drivers and running in compatibility mode.
>>
>>22525
or compatibility mode to xp
>>
File: 20160101_203227.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160101_203227.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>22525
OP here writing from tablet. I tried both methods, it didnt help. Drivers seem to be universal for different operating systems.
I made a photo of the progress though. System recognizes the utility as USB Printer, but without further informations and without ability to be used. System seems to look for proper drivers as well, but the bar stops on pic rel (Polish languege as main OS languege).

What to do?
>>
>>22595

a lot of the time older peripherals flatly won't work with new systems. you can try this, and then scour the web for solutions if that doesn't work, but ultimately it may not be worth your time.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=216556&prodoid=63098723&foid=221292&cat=221234&subcat=214263
>>
>>22606
yeah here's epsons answer.
>The Driver Update option does not work in Windows 8.1. All other driver options will work correctly.
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=216556&prodoid=63098723&foid=244209&cat=221234&subcat=214263
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.