[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me some pointers on this PC build, /wsr/. http://uk.pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: computer_build.jpg (81 KB, 990x500) Image search: [Google]
computer_build.jpg
81 KB, 990x500
Give me some pointers on this PC build, /wsr/.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/rVBrZL

I intend to use this for general purposes, games will be just Hearts of Iron III and Victoria II. Hoping it'll last 10 years or so.
>>
File: Capture.png (89 KB, 1053x419) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
89 KB, 1053x419
>>17782
Totally answered this all last night for you, but K.
Get rid of the gaming RAM, just go with Corsair XSM3.
Oh and you need a keyboard/mouse?
>>
>>17795
That you did. Thanks for the RAM recommendation - it isn't on PCPartPicker but is sold on Amazon.

And I can get a keyboard/mouse separately, £10 max for both elsewhere.
>>
>>17800
You in the UK right?
Lemme see if i can do that cheaper for you.
>>
File: Capture.png (144 KB, 1366x574) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
144 KB, 1366x574
>>17782
OP
Check.
This'll get you down to ~£500.

>DDR4 Pointless
>6000 Series CPU Pointless

www.scan.co.uk

Been using them for years, make sure you take out the Scan Sure thing. That way if you fuck it up they'll replace for free.
>>
>>17814
>DDR4 Pointless
Depends.

The next generation of sockets won't support DDR3, so you're just renting it until the next upgrade cycle.

>4GB
Yeah, you have a point there.
>>
>>17830

>Next generation sockets won't support DDR3

Worried about your kit being obsolete in 10 years?

I give DDR4 2 years until DDR5 comes out, thus making your point invalid.

DDR2 is still a widely available socket/chip set.

>DDR3 is fine.
>>
>>17840
>DDR2 is still a widely available socket
No it's not.

Nothing's supported it since Sandy Bridge supplanted Core. You'll find it on eBay, and you'll find NOS for upgrading legacy machines, but the technology itself is a dead duck.

Anyway, I don't get your argument: are you saying that RAM generations last forever so DDR4 will set you up for ages, or that they don't so DDR3 is dead in the water?
>>
>>17868
>DDR2 is available

I never said it was "supported" by new boards.

RAM generations do last, i've got DDR3 and will stick with DDR3 until i choose to change my MOBO/CPU.

What im trying to say, is you don't want to spend a lot of money, you're not going to be using your computer for extensive tasks.

>So.

Why bother buying DDR4, you wont notice a difference and DDR3 will be just as good.

In 10 years time you then buy DDR6/7/8 or w.e the fuck is available as you insist on being cheap.

TL;DR

If you wanna be cheap be cheap, you can't be half arsed buying expensive new RAM but cheap MOBO's and other parts.

>Bottleneck.
>>
>>17814
OP here. This build works perfectly. Thank you very much for your continued assistance. I assure you this will be the last time I post this thread again.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.