[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have any good *free* resources for Swift programming language
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1449338172661.jpg (60 KB, 878x814) Image search: [Google]
1449338172661.jpg
60 KB, 878x814
Anyone have any good *free* resources for Swift programming language exercises (for app development)? I'm currently just coming up with my own problems and solving them which is fine but I'd like to have some more exercises readily available to improve my skills.
>>
>>1712
The hardest part about learning programming is retaining it and putting it to good use. What's the use of learning how to make a "Hello World" app? Why make a list of "Scary Bugs" with which you can rate their 'scariness'?

The point is that these are critical building blocks to your knowledge. Next time you fire up Xcode to make your next app, you'll remember your previous apps (and probably open them) and use those experiences on which to build your app that much faster. You can't go from having no knowledge of Xcode, iOS and Swift to building Clash of Clans in one sitting. It takes a lot of building to get there.

So, to your question, you should make a bunch of small apps.

Build that "Hello World!" app
Now build it without looking up any help (just to see how much you remember)
Now build an app that shows a table with a list of numbers from 1-100
Now re make that number table app so that you can click any number and it shows you the number in its own window
Now re-make the number table app so that you can click a number, but then you can change that number and it's saved back to the main list
Now make a table list app that can have numbers added to it dynamically (not pre-loaded)
Now make a table list app that pulls data from a JSON feed, such as Reddit's feed
and so on...

That's how I'd approach it anyway.
>>
>>1723
I really appreciate your reply bro, thanks!
>>
>>1778
You're welcome, I copy pasted it from Reddit!
>>
>>1712
Some free, some not: http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/best-way-learn-swift-2-iphone-app-development-advice-resources-3597812/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.