[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop losing hair? Every time I put my fingers through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1464420816669.gif (1 MB, 400x261) Image search: [Google]
1464420816669.gif
1 MB, 400x261
How do I stop losing hair? Every time I put my fingers through my hair, a few come off. It's even worse when I'm in the shower. Also all the hairs that fall have a tiny bit of white, kind of like a bud, at the end of them. Pls help
>>
That's normal?

If you've got any kind of long hair then you're guaranteed to have loose hairs. Funnily enough they grow back. Those white buds at the end are probably the part that was attached to your skin.

You can worry when you notice you're losing hair substantially.
>>
>>156172
My sister had the same concern as a teenager.

It's pretty normal, she thought she was losing a lot of hair but she still has all her hair after 10 years.

If you're not like 30 and male you're probably fine.

Just wash your hair regularly, condition if you've got long hair.

Don't worry about it OP, you're probably fine!
>>
File: 1461861113003.png (226 KB, 637x624) Image search: [Google]
1461861113003.png
226 KB, 637x624
>>156175
>>156176
Just how common is it? I'm home for the summer so I share a bathroom with 3 siblings and none of them drop hairs like I do.
>>
>>156178
I've got shoulder length hair and I get the exact same thing for the most part.

Also, check their hairbrushes. They probably have the exact same thing.
>>
>>156182
Just now I put 3 fingers on my forehead ad dragged them through my hair and 3 hairs came off. You do it and tell me how it goes.
>>
>>156178
Losing 50 - 100 strands a day is normal, and also hair shedding is usually temporary, if above this normal amount. If it lasts longer than 3 months, then you should be concerned.

Also hair loss is different from hair shedding.
With hair loss, something is preventing your hair from regrowing. Hair shedding is normal, obviously to an extent.

It's also easier to notice hair shedding when your hair is long because
1) the hair comes out a bit easier, it's just physics
2) the hairs are bigger, more likely to be noticed
>>
>>156185
Another thing that happens is when I dry my hair after a shower, the towel becomes covered in hairs. This has been going on for at least a year now.

Now lets assume this is not shedding but hair loss. Is there anything I could do myself to help this?
>>
>>156186
If you're not exaggerating by "covered in hairs", then that sounds like it's actually serious.

If we assume it's not just hair shedding, you should definitely see a doctor. It could be any number of underlying causes. Deficiencies in your diet, stress.. lupus.

If you're seriously concerned, please see a doctor anon. I don't want you to die.
>>
>>156186
Although you could try and actually count your hair on a day that you've got the time.

If it's a little over 100, that's still probably fine but anything significant like maybe 150++, see a medical professional if you can.
>>
>>156188
>>156189
Thanks for the help m8s.
>>
>>156190
Good luck anon <3
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.