[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I don't know shit about processor speed, so do you guys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: linux.jpg (42 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
linux.jpg
42 KB, 800x600
So I don't know shit about processor speed, so do you guys know what speed should be enough for the things I want to do?
I want to install Linux on my new pc, be able to learn programming on it (and have multiple programs running at the same time), and play games of about the size of League of Legends and Hearthstone.
Does RAM memory also matter for what I'm trying to do? Should I try to look into that?

Thanks in advance to any anons who respond with something useful.
>>
Thanks everybody!
>>
Just go by the system requirements of the games you want to play. The OS will definitely not be the bottleneck, especially not if you're going with Linux. Make sure those games even run on Linux or Wine.

Yes, both CPU and RAM will matter, although RAM is usually comparatively cheap.
>>
>>154770
Stay windows m8, it's very complicated to run wine and stuff. Just get a better PC or upgrade it.

Also some Processors and graphics cards don't play nice with Linux.

Linux based OS are only for those that worry about privacy and security.
>Currently running Linux mint on my main PC (it's a bitch) and running Windows 10 on my back up PC.
>>
>>154770
>>154775
>Make sure those games even run on Linux or Wine.
Nope, that's stoopid.

Spec the computer with enough RAM (8-16GB), and run Windows and Linux at the same time with VMWare. There's a free version called "VMWare Player" that will do everything you need.

>>154777
I'm sure the tripcode was vitally important to what you had to say there
>>
>>154953
Oh its just that since I browse 4chan in like 4 devices it's easier for me to track myself.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.