[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have an issue with my graphics driver, when I try to update
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: stannis_the_mannis.png (372 KB, 577x752) Image search: [Google]
stannis_the_mannis.png
372 KB, 577x752
I have an issue with my graphics driver, when I try to update it the screen just goes black - the pc stays on but I can't see anything - and I have to boot my pc into safe mode and revert the update in order to use my pc again. Is there a way to work around this?

I have Windows 10, an AMD Radeon HD5450 driver, and Pentium 4 3.40Ghz. I was able to run pc games decently well before I upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 but everything runs poorly now and I've tried all the "fixes" to make Windows 10 run faster - turning off background services, deleting Windows apps - but nothing has worked so far.

pic related, it is my face when i try to use this computer for gaming
>>
Games like Morrowind and Half-Life have framerate issues when they never did before, it's ridiculous
>>
>>153489
>I have an issue with my graphics driver, when I try to update it the screen just goes black - the pc stays on but I can't see anything - and I have to boot my pc into safe mode and revert the update in order to use my pc again. Is there a way to work around this?
Get AMD to stop releasing shitty drivers, and discontinue their campaign of "shitty support for old products so you'll have to buy new ones"?

>I've tried all the "fixes" to make Windows 10 run faster - turning off background services, deleting Windows apps - but nothing has worked so far.
That's pretty stoopid. You already know the problem is that you have no 3d acceleration of anything, because you have no GPU driver.

What you're doing is akin to pulling out your back seats because someone took your wheels off and the car's not going very fast. And then asking if anyone knows how to take the stereo out.
>>
>>153489
>Pentium 4 3.40Ghz
That's quite a high-end model of the worst processor Intel ever made.

If it's one of the socket 775 ones, there's a good chance your motherboard will run a Core2; you can get one that'll smoke your PoS P4 for less than $20.

Hell, I've found some for $5.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.