[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /wsr/, I built a PC just an hour ago Everything is going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
hey /wsr/, I built a PC just an hour ago

Everything is going great. Installed Windows for free easily, drivers are all updated with no hassle thanks to usb+other computer, but then there's one thing in my way: I need to connect wirelessly (because reasons) and I am only given the option to go with ethernet

As much as I want to be wired, I cannot due to physical limitations of my surroundings atm. My question is this: how do I switch my way of connecting to the internet from wired to wireless? I might be able to build a computer and know hardware stuff, but I hardly know much about internet connections (I'm only a newbie). Thanks in advance
>>
File: 71hZOkiCArL._SX522_.jpg (41 KB, 522x633) Image search: [Google]
71hZOkiCArL._SX522_.jpg
41 KB, 522x633
>>152656
do you have a pci wifi card/usb wifi adapter? only some motherboards come with wifi out of the box, most notably m-itx boards. if you do not have a pci wifi card or usb adapter, you cant use wifi.
>>
File: P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg (41 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
P_setting_000_1_90_end_500.jpg
41 KB, 500x500
My mobo is pic related. I just checked their site and I guess it doesn't

Time to go back to the store and buy that. Thanks for the info anon-kun
>>
>>152658
not op but is PCI better or worse than the usb ones? I found a usb that came with an extension cable
>>
>>152740
PCI express is better than USB, but plain PCI is about the same. I imagine USB 3.0 would be somewhere the middle.
>>
>>152770
what is so "express" about the expressy ones? are they emotional and do they cook me food
>>
>>152818
More bandwidth, so data gets through there faster.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.