[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone good with computers in here? I have a problem with my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 222127_v0_600x.jpg (45 KB, 600x679) Image search: [Google]
222127_v0_600x.jpg
45 KB, 600x679
Anyone good with computers in here?

I have a problem with my computer that I cant solve on my own.

What does it mean when an application (3D modern game in this case) freezes, the audio screws up for a few seconds then mutes and than thats it, the entire computer is bricked frozen with the same image on screen.
No keyboard shortcuts work anymore, mouse doesnt work, nothing.

Is it my toaster that is dying or is it a bug with the application in question?

Thanks in advance for any useful reply.
>>
I have the same problem, never been able to fix it even after fiddling with drivers and shit

The ride never ends.
>>
Sounds like an overheating issue to me.
>>
Reinstall windows senpai
>>
Install HWTemp or AIDA64 and look at your temperature sensors. If they are above 80C then heat is the issue
>>
>>14912
>install specky
>game for an hour
>check temps
>80c or more and you need a new cooler
also tell me the specs and game mabey your computer simply can't run the game
>>
Means a video failure. Could just be drivers not being updated. Your card was possibly damaged. Does this only happen during intensive game processing? What games?
>>
File: screenshot_1451105465.jpg (99 KB, 487x391) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_1451105465.jpg
99 KB, 487x391
>>14929
I dont think its overheating guys.
I cleaned my pc less than a month ago and its perfectly clean, everytime it happened I checked my temperatures right after rebooting and they were very cool.

>>15053
I updated the drivers of my video card to the latest version, now the site said the cards belong to legacy so they wont updating the drivers anymore.
I didnt update to the beta crimson drivers because I heard they were bugged.

>>15028
Game is Armored Warfare.
It used to run perfectly well then all of this all of a sudden.
My pc while being a toaster used to be able to run it fine.
I started playing it since it came out in open beta and 2 days ago they released some sort of mini update and it started bricking my pc at random.
Only that game tho, since I couldnt play it because of this bug I went back to play some Mechwarrior Online (another resource heavy crytek engine based game) and it worked just fine.
So does World of Tanks.
>>
>>15225
email the dev that sounds like an error on there part. although your cpu is bottlenecking your build
lower the settings on your game and if it crashes agin its the devs fault
>>
>>14912
When i turn my computer on, the fan starts running, and it beeps a few times and pauses, beebs a few times and pauses, nonstop until i turn it off. Its a dell desktop i think
>>
>>15336
count the beeps
beeps are an error message which occurs before anything can be sent to the screen
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/nonworkingcomponent/ht/beepcodestb.htm
>>
>>14912

Oddly enough bud, I've got the same problem. Only now it happens at random, but mostly when I try to play Guildwars 2.

I tried letting memtest run for about an hour, and it came back with around 160 errors. I'm fairly certain my problem is my RAM. .

In regards to the heat thing, it certainly isn't there. They never peak above 40c.
>>
>>14912
The audio motorboats then dies because the process feeding it isn't running anymore.

I would blame the graphics driver, because very few things in a modern OS have the ability to completely lock the core logic, but the graphics driver is one of them.

Plus they're written by monkeys.

If there was something wrong with the processor, you'd expect to see it lock up at random times, not just when you're playing a 3D game.

GPU hardware is also a possibility. You can't overheat a CPU (they just throttle back til they cool down), but GPUs aren't that smart.
>>
>>14912
>2 seagates
I've had same behaviour 5~ years ago on my old PC, if SMART of HDD reports anything, it's HDDs
>>
>>15684
If some of you are wondering why should it lock up on a 3D game, it's because when system tries to access bad HDD sector, it starts to count down a timeout. And when timeout occurs, PC BSoDs or hangs, depending on situation because a timeout on HDD read is undefined behavior in kernel (Windows at least). There's possibility that system can lock up on same spot on the game every time, because game tries to load a sound or a texture on a bad HDD sector, however it may not look like it's crashing on same place because, well, you move away from that certain place every time differently.
Also, what OP could see is that game freezes, but he can alt+tab to desktop, but desktop appears to be not responding too, only cursor. After certain time, everything freezes or PC BSoDs.
In other way, a game can contain mechanism to not load a file if it takes too long, in that case a sound won't play or texture won't appear, but system will crash eventually.
I think the default timeout of HDD read on windows is 60 seconds.

tl;dr check S.M.A.R.T, if it doesn't report anything bad (that would be surprising for Seageate), it's not HDDs
>>
>>15688
>PC BSoDs or hangs, depending on situation because a timeout on HDD read is undefined behavior in kernel (Windows at least).
This is absolute utter crap.

You're saying that no-one at Microsoft even countenanced the possibility that hard disks sometimes break?

Windows Datacenter Server can run a 160-drive storage drawer, but heaven help you if one of them gets a bad sector?

Shit, you should get a job there, with insights like that.
>>
>>15448

So I ran Memtest last night. After an hour of waiting and ten tests, it came back with 160 errors.

Gonna get a pair of new sticks tomorrow.
>>
File: 1450225969518.jpg (96 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1450225969518.jpg
96 KB, 720x720
OP here.
Ok I did the check with MemTestx86 from an USB drive and it completed the test with zero errors.
So I dont think its my RAM that is dying.

>>15462
Since I couldnt play AW I went back to play Mechwarrior Online, graphics on high, played for a bit over 3 hours, alt tabbed out regularly to check temperaturs from the catalyst panel, everything is fine.
Card barely goes past 70 degrees.
And the drivers Im using are the latest WHQL drivers for my card, the last they are gonna ever release for it because its legacy card now.
Im using the classic drivers not the Crimson garbage beta drivers.

>>15684
>>15688
How do I check SMART status report on my HDD?
I know its enabled in the BIOS but how do I know what the SMART thing actually says about my HDD?
Anybody know a good reliable freeware/shareware tool to check HDD status and SMART?
>>
>>15799
just ask on the stackoverflow website about computers they'll find the error
>>
>>14912
it means the crack you're using to pirate the game isn't perfected. find another crack.
>>
File: 1450650398430.jpg (879 KB, 1800x2291) Image search: [Google]
1450650398430.jpg
879 KB, 1800x2291
>>15807
>crack
>f2p game
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.