[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rec me some podcasts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
i have a job where i do the same boring mechanical task 8 hours a day, and to prevent myself from going mad i listen to podcasts. i've heard hardcore history, science in our time and a bunch of norwegian ones, now i need something new. preferably science, history, music or comedy. or just anything you think is good, thanks
>>
>>148860
The Grandma's Virginity Podcast.
>>
>>148870
nice, thanks
>>
No Such Thing as a Fish.
>>
Welcome to Nightvale
>>
>>148860
I know a fair few. Hopefully you'll enjoy some of these.

>The History of Rome/Revoultions
Both are history podcasts done by the same guy. Each is an series covers an exhaustive history, with the first one covering Rome and the second covering various revolutions eg American, French etc.

If history podcasts interest you, you can find many others that have this format eg The History of Byzantium (follows Rome), Russian Rulers Podcast, The History of Egypt, China, Japan, Korea etc
>Radiolab
You probably already know this one. Sort of investigative journalism. Each episode has a theme, with several stories related to that theme. Usually has a bit of science or history every episode.
>What's the Point
From the FiveThirthyEight guy. Does stories related to data and its analysis in everyday life.
>This is Actually Happening
Fairly short episodes about unusual situations
>The Story Collider
Each episode is a story from a scientist. Covers a bunch of different fields.
>Song Exploder
An artist delves deep into the process of creating one of their popular songs.
>Futility Closet
Tells interesting stories from history that the podcaster has found researching old books.\
>99% Invisible
Really good podcast that tells stories about design.
>Freakonomics
Economics podcast that investigates more everyday economics.
>Planet Money
Like freakonomics, but better.
>>
I only really listen to Comedy Bang Bang.

My backup is Stone Cold's podcast when I run out of CBB episodes.
>>
>>148996
thanks! a lot here to keep my mind occupied!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.