[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech Z906 no sound when connected through AUX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1299679950[1].jpg (2 MB, 2244x1158) Image search: [Google]
1299679950[1].jpg
2 MB, 2244x1158
Hi /wsr/,

I just bought myself a nice Logitech Z906 surround system. I got it all hooked up to my PC pretty fast, but I can't seem to get any sound out of it. This frustrates me, because this piece of shit cost me €300 and I just want it to work. Please help me.

I connected it through AUX, because my computer somehow doesn't have SPDIF. I have no idea where to start, I don't know very much about audio stuff..

I tried flipping through the channels on the Z906, but I can't get sound anywhere..

Hope you can help!
>>
File: PC Master Race.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PC Master Race.jpg
303 KB, 1920x1080
Did you hook it in the back of your computer or the front of your computer? Did you try checking the Device Manager, (Access it by right clicking on the start menu and click Device Manager). If it shows up, then it's the wrong jack/usb port probably.
>>
I'm connecting it to an MSI MS-7808 motherboard, and I'm using Realtek HD Audio. Is that helping?
>>
>>145984
I hooked it into the back of my PC, when I check Device Manager, under Audio input and output it says
Headphones (3- Raptor HS40)
Microphone (3- Raptor HS40)
Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
>>
>>145985
Try connecting the speakers to another headphone/speaker jack. Then go to control panel and search up "Sounds". Look at the results and press "Sound". In the speakers list, does it show your device? If yes, does it show a Green Check Mark (meaning it's playing through)?
>>
>>145987
It does that, both through the back port and the front port. It shows as active audio device (or however that's called in English), and it shows green bars, indicating that audio is being send to the port (at least, that's what I think it means).
>>
>>145980
>logitech

There's the problem. I had logitech headphones that never worked. After 6 weeks of negotiations with their shitty tech support (where all their advice amounted to 'uninstall and reinstall the drivers ... did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers?') I finally took them back to the store for a refund.

It was their shitty drivers. I found thread after thread after thread about it online with no solution in over 5 years.
>>
>>145988
That means sound it going through that specific setting. It doesn't need to be activated. Try switching between every option it shows.
>>
>>145990
Really? I have a Logitech headset, mouse and keyboard, I've never had an issue with them. Well, up until now.. It could be my computer being set up wrong or something. Knowing my luck, I'll have to get a sound card to get it to work.
>>
Go into your BIOS and change audio from AC97 to HD Audio or vice versa
>>
File: z906 sound shit.png (24 KB, 400x455) Image search: [Google]
z906 sound shit.png
24 KB, 400x455
>>145991
What do you mean, every option it shows?
Pic related, it's my options.
>>
>>145993
Last time I tried to edit something in the BIOS, my computer got a heart attack and I spent 2 hours giving CPR before it worked again. Are you sure there's no other options?
>>
>>145998
Yes, use your surround system as a paperweight
>>
I'm also gonna try updating my motherboard drivers, haven't done that in like forever.

If anyone has got any other suggestions, please let me know..
>>
>>145992
Yup. Google still remembers all my old searches

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Headsets/G930-USB-Device-not-recognized/td-p/625666

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Headsets/Logitech-G930-No-Sound/td-p/891892

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Headsets/G930-No-Sound/td-p/1470609
>>
>>146000
Drivers updated, didn't work for shit. God fucking damnit. I'll try the BIOS thing >>145993
suggested...
>>146002
Jesus Christ man, that sucks. I wish I could return it, but I kinda ripped the packaging in my enthousiasm. I should've known better.
>>
>>146004
Alright I'm at a loss here. I changed stuff around in the BIOS which didn't work. I updated my drivers, which didn't work.. Can anyone help me out here...
>>
Okay I fixed it. Turns out my motherboard has room for a 3-in-1 jack, but because the colours didn't resemble the colours on the wire that came with the speakers, I figured it wouldn't work.

My mistake, thank you all for helping out.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.