[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a new Shoujo anime. Preferably one with a heavy focus
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12
File: 1455433636802.gif (2 MB, 250x182) Image search: [Google]
1455433636802.gif
2 MB, 250x182
Looking for a new Shoujo anime. Preferably one with a heavy focus on romance and that doesn't end with the main couple getting together (so a series where they get together relatively early on would be good).

Here's some stuff I've already seen that I liked (yes not all of this fits my preferences that's why I need more)

>Kimi ni Todoke
>Peach Girl
>Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
>Sukitte Ii na yo
>Bokura Ga Ita
>Ore Monotagari (although this one was too comedic)

Someone please help me

also i dont know what the source of this gif is but it looks amazing
>>
>Ore Monogatari was too comedic
On what planet?
>>
>>145402
too comedic for what i was looking for
>>
Sankarea
Say I Love You
Ao Haru Ride
>>
>>145404
>Sankarea
this is shonen
>Say I Love You
saw it
>Ao Haru Ride
i'll watch this
>>
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime was the last romance shoujo I can think of that came out.
>>
Buko No Pico
>>
>>145536
>Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
i'll take a look
>>
>>145538
f-_-
>>
>>145538
simply epic
>>
http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?q=&type=0&score=0&status=0&p=0&r=0&sm=0&sd=0&sy=0&em=0&ed=0&ey=0&c[0]=a&c[1]=b&c[2]=c&c[3]=f&gx=0&genre[0]=22&genre[1]=25&o=3&w=1
>>
>>145185
Wolf girl and black prince
>>
>>145888
added it to my list
>>
>>145185
Kimikiss pure rogue.
>>
>>145970
that's shonen
>>
>>145404
>Ao Haru Ride
you mother fucker they didn't even get together in the end. i'm platinum mad
>>
>>145888
>Wolf girl and black prince
i watched this and it was good! thanks
>>
you should try golden time? has great character development
>>
>>146728
>golden time
not shoujo
>>
bumping continues
>>
bump again
>>
File: 1451668895103.jpg (1 MB, 1730x1180) Image search: [Google]
1451668895103.jpg
1 MB, 1730x1180
>>145185
Source of the gif is called Cipher. You should definitely watch it because it is a masterpiece. It's pretty much just one huge 80s music video. (It's kind of a shoujo too? But to be honest it's too ridiculous to tell.)

I definitely recommend Shirayuki as well, like >>145536. Orange is coming out next season and should be good. I also have heard good things about Akatsuki no Yona and Kamisama Hajimemashita.
>>
File: damn.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
damn.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>147457
>Cipher
i honestly have no idea what i just watched. i'm so fucking confused.
>>
bumper
>>
File: 2007-12-12-82010.jpg (804 KB, 1274x1500) Image search: [Google]
2007-12-12-82010.jpg
804 KB, 1274x1500
Inu x Boku SS
Fantasista Doll
Ashita no Nadja (Old, but still good imo)
Kamichama Karin
Any of the Pretty Cures, though I liked Yes! Pretty Cure 5! the best.
Full Moon wo Sagashite (the manga is better)
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (the manga is better)
Tokyo Mew Mew
Toradora!
Kaichou wa Maid-sama
Nana
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Special A
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge (Pretty comedic though...)
La Corda d'oro
Hiyokoi
Hal
Kaleido Star
Pretear
Hanasakeru Seishounen
Wedding Peach (pretty old...animation is very meh.)
Princess Tutu
>>
>>145185
Kare Kano fits your request perfectly, well almost. They get together very early in the anime, and it focuses a lot on their relationship.
It is also overall a masterpiece, one of the greatest romance anime in existence, and not having watched it is absolutely a large gap in your anime watching resume. Give top priority!
>>
>>148279 here, and want to comment on some of these >>148264 (only watched a few)

Toradora is technically not a shoujo. I think it's shounen or seinen. But I think a lot of shoujo romance anime fans like it, so you should still watch it. It's really good.

Kaleido Star doesn't have romance. If you watch it for that, you will be extremely disappointed. Your average battle shounen has more. It has one one-sided crush, that it jokes about, but that's all, no romantic development, no focus given. I guess if you put on your yuri goggles very tightly, you may be able to see something, but not really. Kaleido Star is not romance. Period.
However, it's a really good anime I really recommend you to watch. I've been recommending it a lot recently, it's great. If you end up liking the mood in Kare Kano, you may like Kaleido Star too. Absolutely something you should watch.

Princess Tutu has some weak romantic plot. But the romance is more of a plot device than the focus itself. It's a good anime, and it does have romance, but it is not a romance anime. You should watch it, you will probably like it, but it will not put romance in primary focus.

And these are all I've watched.
>>
>>148279
i didn't like kare kano to be honest, that's why i didn't include it in my list of what i've seen and liked
>>
For you, I would suggest 12-sai.
>>
File: 1455376616150.gif (999 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455376616150.gif
999 KB, 500x375
>>148264
>Inu x Boku SS
shonen
>Fantasista Doll
seinen (?)
>Ashita no Nadja
i'll take a look but looks a bit long
>Pretty Cure
not too interested in magical girl stuff to be honest
>Full Moon wo Sagashite
since you said the manga is good i'll give that a try
>Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne
same as above
>Tokyo Mew Mew
more magical girl but i may give it a try anyway
>Toradora!
shonen but i'll check it out regardless due to multiple recommendations
>Kaichou wa Maid-sama
saw the anime, it was ok. should read the manga too
>Nana
josei, i already have it and saw one episode but i'll get around to it sometime
>Kamisama Hajimemashita
on my list
>Special A
watched half of this and got bored
>Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge
character design looks a bit eh but i'll take a look
>La Corda d'oro
based off a video game?? i guess i'll take a look
>Hiyokoi
i'll read it
>Hal
hmmmm yeah i'll give it a shot
>Kaleido Star
i'm not sure this fits my criteria
>Pretear
eh, alright
>Hanasakeru Seishounen
i'll take a look
>Wedding Peach
magical girl
>Princess Tutu
shonen

>>148296
i'll take a look
>>
>>146192
read the manga.
>>
>>148344
yeah that was my plan, i was hoping for anime that would adapt enough of the story to be satisfying though
>>
>>148376
most romance animes never get a season 2, they sell more mangas/LNs that way.
>>
File: image.jpg (511 KB, 1500x927) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
511 KB, 1500x927
>>148333
>>Inu x Boku SS
>shonen
WROOOOOOOOOONG.
>>
File: 1387744059826.gif (189 KB, 496x368) Image search: [Google]
1387744059826.gif
189 KB, 496x368
>>148394
it was serialized in a shonen mag and is classified as shonen on wikipedia
>>
>>148398
Well if wikipedia says so it must be true.
>>
>>148434

You do understand that shounen and shoujo and seinen and josei are a demographic and not an actual genre, right? It's just saying that Inu x Boku was targeted at young/teenage boys.

Nisekoi is a shounen.
K-On! is a seinen.
I was going to list a shoujo that doesn't seem like a shoujo, but I'm going through this list and every single one looks exactly as you would expect.

Regardless, the guy saying that Inu x Boku is a shounen as if to say it's not qualified for this thread is silly. I haven't watched it, but if someone's recommending it in this thread, then it's probably fine. No need to get all hot and bothered about it on either side.
>>
>>148453
I have doubts about classifying Princess Tutu as a shounen. True, the manga is, but it is an anime original. I don't think anime originals can be classified based on the manga.
I don't really know how anime originals generally are done, though. If an anime had no manga, would it have no demographic?
>>
>>148481
Classifying series by the title of the phonebook they're published in is pointless in the extreme, not to mention way beyond the autism-line.

Trivial example, Evangelion was serialised in Shonen Ace.
>>
>>148481

It's not about "classifying", it's just an objective truth about a manga. If it is put in a magazine that is called "Shounen Jump", then it is a "shounen" manga. It doesn't matter if its actual content is (hypothetically) Sailor Moon or Ghost in the Shell or something.

Like I said before and like the other anon that replied to you said, the demographic of something is pointless, as seen by this thread where we're having this argument. It doesn't help to categorize any part of the work's content and it just says "this was marketed to X group" even if it might be liked by Y group.

That's why calling stuff like Naruto and Bleach and One Piece a "shounen" is silly, because it tells you nothing but the fact that it is targeted to young boys. It definitely gets the point across when talking or asking about similar things since most people that speak English and like anime understand "shounen" as that kind of thing, but it's a bad habit. I feel better when people use "battle shounen", but it's still kind of weird.

Language is rough.
>>
>>148485
But Evangelion is shounen. Part of the reason it is so relevant is that it was made and marketed for children, causing drama and censorship of later children's anime.

But I don't think we can say it's shounen because of its manga, there are some other factors that make the anime a shounen.

Kaleido Star reminds me of shoujo, and I think most people consider it as such, but its manga is a shounen. However, the manga didn't start until years after the anime ended. What happened in the meantime? Was it shoujo, and then turned into a shounen when it got a manga, was it shounen all along, or is it a shoujo, and the manga doesn't matter?
>>
>>148497

I feel like you're still not getting what shounen and shoujo mean.

It does not say anything about a story's content. It is just a demographic marker. That is it.

It is the company saying "We are marketing this towards young boys" or "We are marketing this towards adult women."

That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

If they flip-flop, then that's just the company's decision to probably make more money. Maybe it was marketed towards young boys at first, but then they saw a large number of women across all age groups really enjoyed it while men mostly ignored it. They would then market it towards women with later installments.
>>
>>148495
I know it works like this for manga, but we are talking about anime. And I don't think manga should have any say for anime originals.

Also, it's not right to say it doesn't say anything about its contents. There may not be set rules, but there are strong tendencies, and times where you'd be right 99% of the time if told to guess shounen or shoujo. There are certain contents that are only made for certain demographic, and there are also different styles.
The director of Tamako Love Story described the style of romance as more shounen like than shoujo like, so this is not something only I think, this is something people in the industry also are aware of.
By the way, Tamako Market has no manga, does that mean it can't be placed in any demographic? I think most people would guess either shounen or seinen, but do we have any way of knowing? And if it suddenly got a manga, I don't think that would change the demographic for the anime either.
>>
>>148505

>I know it works like this for manga, but we are talking about anime.
Manga and anime are the same with this topic though. The companies are still trying to market things to a certain demographic. Manga will be put in a magazine with other manga of similar age-group content or anime will air at certain times that certain age groups/genders will watch them.

>And I don't think manga should have any say for anime originals.
What does this even matter? They're not having any say, the company just decided to market it towards a certain group after seeing which groups of people liked the anime. That's it.

>Also, it's not right to say it doesn't say anything about its contents. There may not be set rules, but there are strong tendencies, and times where you'd be right 99% of the time if told to guess shounen or shoujo.
It's still just a demographic marker though. The way you keep replying makes it seem like you think that it somehow implies so many things when it's just the group of people a company decided to market a product to. It doesn't change the actual content, which is why there are some rather diverse outliers everywhere.

>By the way, Tamako Market has no manga, does that mean it can't be placed in any demographic?
No, it just means it doesn't have a manga. It's obviously still being targeted towards a specific audience. Anime just doesn't have a clear tag on the magazine it's being published in saying it's a shounen or shoujo or seinen. The only way you'd know is from the manga or the staff saying who they're marketing it to, which is usually very clear regardless.

>And if it suddenly got a manga, I don't think that would change the demographic for the anime either.
It would change though (for that manga), since it'd be in certain magazines that that specific demographic would then pick up. They would be choosing the demographic that most liked the anime to begin with anyway though, so it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
OP here, yes shonen and shoujo are just demographics but i specifically want stuff in the shoujo demo, so even if something would probably do perfectly fine marketed as a shoujo, but it was actually marketed as a shonen, it doesn't qualify to me
>>
>>148548
But this just makes the discussion more relevant. Do you specifically NOT want anything anime original? Because they would not be possible to group as shoujo? Do you ONLY want manga adaptations?
>>
>>148558
>No, it just means it doesn't have a manga. It's obviously still being targeted towards a specific audience. Anime just doesn't have a clear tag on the magazine it's being published in saying it's a shounen or shoujo or seinen.
what this person said
>>
>>148559
How can we know it's shoujo if it isn't published in a shoujo magazine?
There is no way of knowing.
>>
>>148561
i don't know?? this discussion doesn't even necessarily pertain to my thread lmao i just want to find more anime i'd like
>>
>>148562
Well I hear Marmalade Boy is a pretty good shoujo romance, but I have never seen it so I have no idea if it fits your criteria
>>
>>148562
Well if you judge everything on labels and don't even watch a trailer or the first ep, how the fuck are you goin to know if you'd like it or not?
I really recommend Inu x Boku if you like Toradora.
>>
>>148624
my original goal was to just watch shoujo and nothing else. you know, this is sort of like if i was looking for traditionally drawn animated movies only and people recommended me CG ones. yeah sure i might still like the CG ones but it's not what i'm looking for at the moment
>>
File: untitled[1].png (1 MB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
untitled[1].png
1 MB, 800x598
>>148495
>It's not about "classifying", it's just an objective truth about a manga.
Are you sure you don't have Asperger's?
>>
>>148664
Well, s'more like if someone recommended you Tron, and you were all "I've not watched it but I reckon that's CG", and then refused to watch it.
>>
>>148668
that doesn't even fit my analogy since tron isn't even remotely a traditionally drawn animated movie
>>
>>148702
Point damn-well proven.

All the animation in Tron was hand-drawn, and all the colour in Tron was applied by hand.

But you were too lazy to go check; you just assumed.
>>
File: 1304730420123.jpg (52 KB, 391x364) Image search: [Google]
1304730420123.jpg
52 KB, 391x364
>>148730
tron uses traditionally drawn animation, but isn't a traditionally drawn animated movie. kind of like how toradora has romance in it but isn't a shoujo. my point being that it doesn't even matter what the contents are because i'm just looking for something with the shoujo label on it. the reason for this being that the purpose of this thread is to help me find SHOUJO. sure, i'd probably like toradora although it's not shoujo but that's not what i was looking for in this specific thread with a clear and defined request.
>>
Waiting patiently for OP to watch a few episodes of 12-sai and thank me profusely for my recommendation.
>>
>>148831
will probably be a while but i'll check it out. i'm having trouble finding a good torrent for it though, all i can get is an ova
>>
>>148847
Doremi is the only group subbing it, I think they're up to episode 11. It's on nyaa.
>>
>>149183
ah i see. i got it now. does that mean there's still new episodes coming out?
>>
File: Anime-portada.jpg (144 KB, 570x320) Image search: [Google]
Anime-portada.jpg
144 KB, 570x320
Lovely Complex
>>
>>145185
great teacher onizuka
>>
>>149400
Yes, it's a currently airing show, but it might be finished now.
>>
>>149417
seen it twice, wasn't particularly to my liking
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 236x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 236x165
>>149639
Yet you watched it twice anyway?
>>
>>149641
watched it once when i was new to watching shoujo, saw a bunch of other stuff, then wondered if i'd like it better a second time around after seeing some pretty bad stuff later on. i had pretty much the same reaction to it the second time. it's not bad or anything, i'd give it like a 6/10
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.