[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please help me choose Media Player for watching anime. What you use?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: icon_hires.png (16 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
icon_hires.png
16 KB, 512x512
Please help me choose Media Player for watching anime. What you use?
>>
mpc-hc + madvr
>>
I'm on windows 7, so I use MPC-HC with MadVR and Xy-subfilter. MadVR is a video renderer and Xy-subfilter is a subtitle renderer, neither of them is required for MPC-HC to work but they are both superior to the default renderers that MPC-HC uses, especially regarding anime playback.

Another highly recommended player is MPV, but it's less optimized for windows than MPC-HC. If you're on a linux distro you should definitely get it though.

Both MPC-HC and MPV are free and open source.
>>
>>143751
>>143758
Oh I forgot to mention, if you do want to use MadVR with MPC-HC you'll have to download the 32bit version of MPC, because MadVR isn't compatible with the 64bit.
>>
>>143758
And which is better? MPC-HC or MPV? Where better playback quality defaulted?
>>
>>143760
The difference is negligible to be honest. If you're super anal about quality then you'd likely want to use MPC-HC+MadVR since you can tweak it with hardware acceleration. If that's too much of a hassle then you're likely to be satisfied with the quality that either choice gives you. It's more about which GUI you prefer at that point. I like MPC-HC's interface but I've been using it longer so I'm just used to it.

I've got nothing against MPV per se, if you prefer it then use it.
>>
I agree with MPC HC, but I prefer the CCCP codec pack, not to mention it works with 64 bit.
>>
Windows: mpc-hc
Linux or OS X: mpv
>>
>>143819
Codec packs are unnecessary, MPC-HC comes with everything it needs to play pretty much anything.

The only extras you might want are madVR for better video postprocessing and xy-vsfilter (or XySubFilter) for better subtitles
>>
>>143819
CCCP hasn't been useful in years, most of what it gives you is already standard in MPC-HC now. No idea why people still recommend installing it. Just get MadVR for the upgrade to the video renderer and pick your choice of subtitle renderer since MPC's default one is pretty meh. I recommend Xy-subfilter because it was designed to work with MadVR but anything is an upgrade really.
>>
Will MadVR get rid off the occasional "microlags" during long panning shots? I just installed it, but I didn't know an example from the top of my head to test it out.
>>
http://www.cccp-project.net/
>>
>>143947
Would you read the thread before recommending useless shit?
Might even do yourself some good so you stop using that.
>>
>>143944
It should reduce it significantly, but there's a limit to what it can do without enabling hardware acceleration. If you're willing to put in the processing power it can get a lot more done, but you should only rarely encounter a show that strains it. I can only recall one instance of MPC-HC lagging during a panning shot in the 6 years I've been using it, and it was due to what is probably the most elaborately typeset episode of an anime to ever exist. I don't think a single person who downloaded that ep managed to play that scene smoothly.
>>
MPC doesn't have A/B repeat, its shit!
>>
mpv

This
>>143758
>MPV, but it's less optimized for windows
Is false.

You just need to use the correct output options for what you want and what your video card supports (for windows, say, direct3d, opengl or vdpau).

https://mpv.io/manual/master/
https://mpv.io/manual/master/#video-output-drivers

As you can see, it can be quite fine-tuned, but of course, seeing as how there's just so much you can do with it, setting it the way you want is way harder than the limited settings of mpchc.
>>
>>144129
>Not less optimised for Windows
>VDPAU
>>
>>143750
also smooth video project
>>
Nobody mentioned VLC media player yet so I will. I don't have any problems using it....muli platform/os
>>
>>144306
>please wait, building font cache
>>
mpc-hc + madvr
>>
Media Player.Net

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=171120
>>
>>144338
reinstall it
>>
>>144438
Or just install a better player.
>>
>>144477
says the 5000 who prefer it
https://alternativeto.net/software/vlc-media-player/
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.