[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/a/ said that I should ask here: I really like the anime called
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1415459091574.jpg (562 KB, 1218x1770) Image search: [Google]
1415459091574.jpg
562 KB, 1218x1770
/a/ said that I should ask here:
I really like the anime called Kill La Kill and I finally got some extra money, so I want to buy merchandise. But, I can only find shitty bootleg stuff on eBay. Now, I actually want to support the creators, so my question is:
Where can I get official Kill La Kill DVDs/BluRays/Artbooks/Audio CDs and the Mangas for cheap? I mean CHEAP, don't get me wrong, I really like the anime, but I don't have that much extra money.
Thanks!
>>
You can't.
Buying a localized BD does nothing for the creators. All it does is ensure funi, or whoever will still import random shit. Importing is the only way to support the studio that did the anime. https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%82%AD%E3%83%AB-1-%E5%AE%8C%E5%85%A8%E7%94%9F%E7%94%A3%E9%99%90%E5%AE%9A%E7%89%88-Blu-ray-%E5%B0%8F%E6%B8%85%E6%B0%B4%E4%BA%9C%E7%BE%8E/dp/B00FXIBJVS
>>
>>140510
Thanks! That's a bit out of my price range, but thanks for the information.
>>
>>140510
That's wrong, around 20% of the anime revenue comes from oversea (including streaming rights, merchandizing, etc.)

For example, you would see exactly 0 series in Crunchyroll/Hulu/whatever if the right holders didn't get paid.
>>
>>140600
Yes they pay for a license, but subbing to crunchyroll does nothing for the studio you like, it just ensures crunchyroll will buy more licenses from other studios.
Which is what I said originally.
>>
>>140600
They pay a flat fee upfront.

All the money you pay stays in America.
>>
>>140488
>merchandise
Get gachas.

They're little tiny toys that come out of capsule machines.

No-one bothers bootlegging them, because they can just make their own stuff and sell it in capsules right next to them.

They're generally keychains, phone danglers, or little tiny figures.

cgi.ebay.com/272266619538
>>
File: 1464563851798.jpg (217 KB, 900x922) Image search: [Google]
1464563851798.jpg
217 KB, 900x922
>>140488
sadpanda you fuck
>>
>>140488
This anon is right >>140510

You'll help them if you import official merch though. Here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/products?term.media_format=&q=kill+la+kill

Also, while I hate and don't use trigger, if you do use it, follow them.
https://twitter.com/trigger_inc
https://twitter.com/trigger_tattun

They're releasing two shows this season. Kiznaiver is shit, but it's not their fault. It's because Mari Okada, the writer, is a hack. On the other hand, Luluco is fantastic, but it's full of references to their previous works, so I'd watch every other Trigger animu before watching Luluco.
>>
>>140766
>Also, while I hate and don't use trigger
I mean, while I hate and don't use twitter.
>>
>>140510

Can Japanese BDs be played in a US player?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.