[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 1464893942691.jpg (337 KB, 1795x709) Image search: [Google]
1464893942691.jpg
337 KB, 1795x709
Getting the parts for a new PC, this is fine right?

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Hywr7
>>
>>135830
Stop being so fucking impatient and wait for non reference 1080s to hit the market, cheaper and much better than the Fanboy edition.

Also do you need the I7? For gaymen the 4690k is perfectly adequate.
>>
i7 is completely pointless for gaming, just get an unlocked i5 and save money.

The GTX 1080 is a piece of shit, it constantly overheats and has no async compute. Get an AMD card instead.

The Rx 480 (8GB) will be available soon in a couple of days, get that instead. Buy 2 (~$400) and crossfire them, you'll get more FPS than the 1080.
>>
File: XdU0H0Y.jpg (186 KB, 1920x1135) Image search: [Google]
XdU0H0Y.jpg
186 KB, 1920x1135
http://www.vinereport.com/article/amd-radeon-rx-480-release-date-new-affordable-vr-ready-chip-to-be-available-on-june-29/11386.htm

I'm an ex-nvidia fan btw. But after 4 years of constant BS from then I've decided to switch over to AMD. Currently own a gtx 960, gonna buy 2 of those rx 480 cards and crossfire them.
>>
>>135837
Yeah I was thinking of the 2 480's, but when comparing them apparently the game they were comparing on heavily favoured the AMD cards
>>
>>135843
Maybe but I trust AMD is going to do a good job with Polaris. AMD hasn't been doing so well these last few years so it's in their best interest their new GPUs and CPUs not be shit.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.