[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just got a xorist trojan-ransom ? idk what that even is. any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
i just got a xorist trojan-ransom ? idk what that even is. any idea on how to get rid of it?

just an hour ago it were two people trying to hijack my browser and i downloaded all kinds of weird shit but i luckly uninstalled it all.
i re-installed chrome and scanned the pc.

please help i paid way too much for this damn pc (and yes i did censor some of the notes for security reasons )
>>
Format. Lose your shit. Be more careful next time.
>>
rip out the LAN cable. pave the disk. don't risk infecting whatever system you'll be installing for the next week.

you're about to lose all your data anyway due to some asshole encrypting everything.
>>
>>135793
>>135782
thanks ! how long do i have ? can i save my shit before i format ?
>>
>>135798

Time is running out while that os is infected and running. Boot off linux os and backup what you can from there.
>>
>>135802
i use windows. should i backup ?
>>
>>135806

I would just format. I could gve detailed instructions but on phone and doubt you'd get it.
>>
>>135807
im backing up some of the shit i have rn. am i fucking up ?
>>
>>135798
negative 1 hour. you know that monthly back-up you never did? yeah, that's the one you need right now.

you could get away with backing up some shit, but accessing files for transfer via USB while they get encrypted might also kill your system. and the bigger danger: i don't know if they actually do that, but there is a theoretical risk that whatever thing you caught infects USB devices. personally i wouldn't plug anything that has been connected to your infected system into your new system. or at least look at it safely from linux or something first and scan it three times before you do.
>>
>>135810
i use a USB connected device which i pray will work. i dont care for alot of the shit ill loose. but there is no sign that there is anything wrong atm
>>
>>135771
>(and yes i did censor some of the notes for security reasons )
>current date: 2015-09-15

damn, i think we just got trolled
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.