[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys, so i have this mac desktop and im trying to use curse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 0523161715.jpg (881 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0523161715.jpg
881 KB, 2048x1536
hey guys, so i have this mac desktop and im trying to use curse voice program to talk with my friends while we play games and i cant get my mic to work. theres two ports on the back and ive tried both of them but neither work. (ill post pic) i know the problem isnt my headphones because ive tried 3 pairs that work with curse on my friends laptop. i dunno if my mac doesnt have mic compatibilty or if theres a setting im not using but system prefrences and curse dont even pick up voice when i use the sound test. please help thanks.
>>
File: 0523161716.jpg (599 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0523161716.jpg
599 KB, 2048x1536
op here. so heres the ports on the back, which ive tried both. but maybe im doing something wrong. ive tried 2 pairs of turtle beaches, 1 thats usb powered, and my regular headphones. is there anything i can do to get the mic to work?
>>
>>127188
Left is a headphone port, right is goatse port.
Are there any other ports on the side? or on the keyboard?
>>
>Typically Apple's "line-in" jack is not amplified, so you will need an external amplifier for your mic.

>You're probably already plugging it into the right port but it wont work for a passive mic.
http://www.overclock.net/t/876070/stupid-newbie-question-where-is-the-microphone-jack-on-my-mac-pro
>>
File: 0523161744.jpg (615 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
0523161744.jpg
615 KB, 2048x1536
>>127193
those are the only one that a headphone jack could go in. heres a full pic of the back. these are all the ports. with nothing on any of the sides except for the cd tray.
>>
>>127194
when i do have a mic plugged in my friends say they can hear a really low staticy hum. does that mean its like, kinda working?
>>
Well, I've been googling alot for you and haven't found a solution. Sorry

>>127198
Not sure bro.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.