[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New CPU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 19-117-559-TS.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
19-117-559-TS.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
Ive just bought my new R9 390. Well, there isnt any rest for the wicked and, in my pursuit for a decent PC for gaming, i seek visual nourishment from a new CPU. I am currently running an AMD FX 8320, so what would be a smart upgrade for ~$300-400
>>
That price range is mostly based off of what i was seeing for decent GPU's on the market. Im well open to suggestions that offer great preformance for a cheaper price if possible (obviously).
>>
i5-6600k and Asus Z170 PRO GAMING if $400

if $300 i5-4690k and any $50 Microatx mobo.
>>
>>126637
Ok, thank you.
>>
>>126637
Im seeing quad core i7 6700k's at around $340. Are those not better?
>>
>>126644

Yeah, but then you'd only have $50 for the mobo.
>>
Honestly i feel i need a class on how all this stuff works. I feel as if im not even asking the right questions
>>
>>126651
Ah. Yeah. I guess i get it. For the core, i need a new mobo. I dont want to spend an assload on the mobo so i have to get a core that works with a cheap one? Does the quality of the mobo not matter a great deal?
>>
>>126653

Nt so much about quality but features. Microatx motherboards are just as stable but have less features llike only two ram slots, less pci express ports. Overclocking isn't that stable in case you decide to do that with your new cpu.
>>
>>126659
I currently have an MSI 760GM-P34. If i were to look for something of similar quality to that, that also works with the new CPU, what price range would i be looking at?
>>
>>126665

Looks like a pretty cheap motherboard. The equivalent of an Intel board would probably be around the same. Are you looking for a skylake motherbaord or a haswell one? do you care? you motherboard WON'T be both.
>>
>>126674
Im not sure if i completely followed you in this post. I dont have any particular lean to any product. I see a lot of people going for intel products so i figure they must be reliable or at least quality. Im lacking a rather large amount of what seems to be required knowledge for smart purchase of good pieces.
>>
>>126674
Im not sure if i completely followed you in this post. I dont have any particular lean to any product. I see a lot of people going for intel products so i figure they must be reliable or at least quality. Im lacking a rather large amount of what seems to be required knowledge for smart purchase of good pieces. Im not sure how all the parts interact and which products for each specific part are best
>>
>>126678

Intel CPUs are made for particular motherboard types. So if you get a CPU it has to be compatible with the motherboard you get. Skylake CPU's are newer more expensive ones that just came out so you'd have to buy a motherboard that supports it. If you are willing to get a slightly older but still pretty good Intel CPU you can get an older motherboard that it works with.
>>
>>126674
Im not sure if i completely followed you in this post. I dont have any particular lean to any product. I see a lot of people going for intel products so i figure they must be reliable or at least quality. Im lacking a rather large amount of what seems to be required knowledge for smart purchase of good pieces. Im not sure how all the parts interact and which products for each specific part are best
>>
>>126683
Second option seems good to me. I dont need the best. Just good enough to get me by. By the way. I have no idea what just happened with the posts but my phone freaked out for a second
>>
>>126690

where would you shop from? you live by a Microcenter? because they are BY FAR the best and cheapest option to getting a CPU + motherboard combo. If not then do you have any preferences to where you order? Newegg? Amazon? Some people out of country are very limited.
>>
>>126694
I would almost definitely order it online. I order my gpu from amazon. I, for no reason, dont trust newegg. I suppose im just comfy with amazon as my family has used them for a while. Im in the U.S. so no problems there
>>
>>126699

So how much you willing to spend/want to spend? throw out a number and I'll give you my opinion on what you should get from what I learned. $300? or $400?
>>
>>126701
Well, i dont think i could manage anything over ~320 total. I already spent a chunk of change on that GPU
>>
>>126707

You're OP right? Let me ask you, how much of a boost do you expect to get for this $320 you're about to spend. I could definitely tell you what you should get IF you were to get something but I personally wouldn't spend money on a new CPU AND GPU combo for that much money.

Intel Core i5-4690K is $224

MSI Intel H81 LGA 1150 is $50

You'll want a cooler too Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is $30

What are your current pc specs? this motherboard only has two ram slots. One PCI express x16 slot which should go with your new videocard should work out ok.
>>
>>126714
Right now i think i already have a cooler attached to my current motherboard. I dont have all my specs right now. I only know my current mobo, gpu, and cpu
>>
>>126719

In that case you should be OK with those parts if you did want to switch to Intel on that budget.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.