[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My laptop shuts down when I close the lid. Has anyone encountered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: slAsy4V.jpg (311 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
slAsy4V.jpg
311 KB, 1080x720
My laptop shuts down when I close the lid.

Has anyone encountered this problem? I've owned this ASUS Q550L laptop for about a year now (got it in February 2015) and all of a sudden it's been giving me this problem. The problem is that when I close the lid and then open the laptop, it restarts the entire laptop. And sometimes it takes forever to boot up before finally displaying a screen that says it's encountered a problem, which it doesn't go into detail.

I did a full recovery on this laptop and restored it to factory settings but I still have this problem. I checked the settings for when I close the lid and it says the laptop should just be in sleep mode. Anyone know why my computer is shutting down and restarting when I close the lid?
>>
Have you checked some BIOS settings by accident?
>>
>>126119

I wouldn't know how to get to BIOS, so I don't think so. Also, I think it's a bigger problem than a preference setting since when my laptop is starting up from the reboot it doesn't start properly and has to be shut down manually.

I will look at the BIO settings though just in case, but I do not know how to get there or what to look for.
>>
Hi there,

Try going to power options and click advanced
>>
>>126117
Your sleeping mode is buggy. Try to disable hybrid sleep in the power options.
Try to create a new "hyberfile.sys" by disabling and re-enabling hybernation with "powercfg -h off" and "powercfg -h on" on the command prompt.
>>
>>126117
go to power settings either in ctrl panel or bios
>>
>>126143
>>126136

I've checked the power settings and it says when the power lid closes it will be in sleep mode.
>>
>>126137

The hybrid sleep is disabled.

Okay, I turned the powercfg -h on and off. Will I notice any change?
>>
It did not work. I changed the powercfg -h to off to on, but when I closed the lid and reopened it my computer just restarted.
>>
Buy a new computer senpai
>>
Well, I figured out it's not just a closing lid program, but whenever the computer just goes to sleep. When it wakes up, the entire system restarts.
>>
>>126804
That what happens when it's buggy. What about disabling sleep mode and using hibernation instead? Or checking your ram for bad memory?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.