[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best media player for anime and videos in general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Face of ignorance.png (177 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Face of ignorance.png
177 KB, 480x360
What media player does /a/ use to watch anime. What is objectively the best media player to use/configure?

Currently using Kawaii Codec pack and don't know if something better is up this year.
http://haruhichan.com/forum/showthread.php?7545-KCP-Kawaii-Codec-Pack
>>
>>125620
>Kawaii Codec pack

might as well use VLC you shit
>>
File: 1463804433793-b.jpg (55 KB, 393x500) Image search: [Google]
1463804433793-b.jpg
55 KB, 393x500
I just stream it, like a normal human bean.
>>
>>125620
i still use mpc with that commieidontrememberthefullname codec pack.
don't know it it has already fallen off favor with /a/ but is still working well for me.
>>
VLC
>>
mpv because my toaster can't handle 1080p with mpc
>>
Literally nothing wrong with using VLC.
I don't care about the little banding, you don't even notice that shit while watching.
>>
>>125620
rest of subs when

vlc supposedly has the ability to get to the place where mpc +other shit gets you. i use mpc out if it's ability to not waste my time extracting subs and crashing. also better binds.
>>
>>125623
yeah, same here

CCCP (combined community codec pack) still serves me well after 10 years.
>>
CCCP and kwp has a hidden bitcoin miner I bet.
So many dumb cunts installing this shit when there's absolutely no need to at all.

You will NEVER run into a video file that you cannot play because all the major media players keep there shit updated.
>>
>>125634
i can't vouch for anything recent (i only download CCCP when i do a clean install every 3-4 years and it's been some time), but historically there's definitely been no malware in CCCP

you're partly right and partly you miss the point. codec packs are definitely not *necessary* anymore. everyone uses ffmpeg anyway, so there's no difference in the libraries in the background anymore. within the last few years MPC-HC alone has gotten good enough that you don't need any splitters anymore either. but what CCCP still provides is utility with some neat GUIs and more importantly good default values. i don't want to have to tinker with hues and colour spaces, histogramms, and all that shit you'd need to tweak. you can run them side by side and see for yourself - CCCP has much better colours (most notably a much healthier skin colour). once you're used to it, you can't really go back.

yes, setting up MPC-HC with a madVR renderer and Redclock for syncing will in the end look better than what CCCP provides out of the box. but for the first you'll have to sink several hours into tweaking while for the second you just have to run a setup.
>>
>kawaii
>vlc
>cccp
Jesus. It's like it's 2007.

mpv. If you're a pleb who needs a gui, mpv with smplayer. If you're too retarded to set up mpv with smplayer (and thus most likely run windows), mpchc with madvr.

>>125626
>Literally nothing wrong with using VLC.
>banding
Not to mention the washing out of colors, bleeding, artifacting and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Why don't you just stream if you don't care about quality?
>>
>>125741
Yes, because watching a fucking video should be really difficult, amirite
>>
>>125755
Difficult? Using mpv isn't more difficult than any other video player, even VLC.
>>
MPC-HC with MadVR and Xy-subfilter is pretty much the best windows playback for anime. Use MPV if you're on Linux.
>>
>>125824
inconvenient AF, no usable gui
>>
what exactly does cccp do for mpc?
>>
>>125898
Adds a bunch of plugins and shit. I don't think CCCP is even properly maintained anymore. The fact they still include LAV filters in it even though they're bundled with MPC-HC by default shows how bloated it is.

Neither CCCP nor KCP are needed, the only recommended plugins for MPC-HC are MadVR and some kind of subtitle renderer.
>>
Either use VLC or mpv. Both are great choices for its target audience.
>>
>>126025
>VLC
>>
MPC-HC on Windows
mpv on the others

You won't need external filters or codec packs for MPC-HC, but you'll probably want to use madVR for rendering.
>>
>>126033
MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer is pretty subpar though, there's lots of good ones you can use instead. That's mainly only if you watch full screen or want to take screenshots with subs though.
>>
>>125889
Hence
>If you're a pleb who needs a gui, mpv with smplayer
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.