[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Torrent killing internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1399079330381.png (58 KB, 318x470) Image search: [Google]
1399079330381.png
58 KB, 318x470
Recently my internet connection started lagging out and having mini disconnects whenever I torrent something. It's not related to bandwith as I have a 50k connection and this happens even if it's downloading at 100 KB/s. I tried switching from Halite to Transmission QT as I thought it might be client related, but the problem persists. Now I think it might be related to my router (Speedport 724v). Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
>>
do you set your torrents to limit the upload speed? if you don't, your torrent client might decide to use all your bandwidth for seeding/uploading, which tends to choke everything else.
>>
>>125616
No. This happens at very low download speeds and 0 upload.
>>
>>125612
Sounds like your ISP saturated your lines.

Does it only happen when you torrent? What happens if you DDL at full speed?

If it disconnects you doing that too, your ISP saturated your lines, Otherwise, iunno.
>>
I had something like this happen to me at one time, I randomized the ports my torrent client used and then it stopped.
>>
>>125743
Steam downloading at full speed does not cause this for example.
>>125746
It's already randomized
>>
>>125819
Try torrenting from a different device (ie your phone connected to your wifi).

If it stops disconnecting, then it's a problem with your computer. If it doesn't, then try a new router.

Don't buy one just yet. See if a friend can loan you one for a couple of hours. And try it out.

If it stops disconnecting with the new router, then it's the router. Buy a new one, or call your ISP and ask if they can replace the one you have. The usually do for free.

If it doesn't stop disconnecting with a different router, it's the ISP saturating the lines. After all, when you DDL from Steam, you're connected to a single IP, whereas when you torrent you're connected to a number of them, so that might be affecting a saturated box full of noise.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.