[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just brought a new computer, keep getting "This version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: temp a.png (93 KB, 997x625) Image search: [Google]
temp a.png
93 KB, 997x625
How do i get rid of it? Do i have to actually buy the windows thing?
>>
File: Specs1.png (26 KB, 560x413) Image search: [Google]
Specs1.png
26 KB, 560x413
>>118650
The guy that sold it to me said it wont affect anything and the only thing it does is get rid of my wallpaper, can anyone confirm this?

Also here's a picture of the specs, i got the computer for 425$ when the guy was selling it for 650$ and im not sure if i got ripped off. It can play GTA 5, ARMA 3 and Left4Dead2 on the high settings but still if anyone can give me a heads up
>>
>>118652
I'm fairly sure you can get genuine Windows for free, but it has to be by using the free windows 10 update. IDK, heard it on /g/.
>>
>>118654
ughhhh i fucking really rather not get windows 10, thanks for the help tho but fuck windows 10. idk tho maybe i'll get it if there's no other option tho i hate the bots on it
>>
>>118655
yeah, the bots suck. You could just buy a legit copy of Windows 7 if you wanted to spend the money, or keep your non-legit Windows as it is.
>>
>>118654
It's not actually genuine, though. You need an actual legitimate Windows 7/8 to upgrade from. Which OP doesn't have.

Saying it won't complain if the windows you're upgrading from is pirated is like saying "the freeway says you can only do 50, but I went faster and it worked fine".
>>
>>118650
If a shop sold it to you, then snitch them to Microsoft, and Microsoft will give you a genuine Windows for free.
>>
>>118682
ok, so here's why I was confused
http://www.askvg.com/faq-upgrading-to-windows-10-from-non-genuine-windows/

So no, it won't complain if windows isn't valid when you upgrade, but it after 30 days it'll complain with a vengeance.
>>
File: temp 1.png (61 KB, 454x215) Image search: [Google]
temp 1.png
61 KB, 454x215
>>118683
Na i brought it off craigslist but the guy told me it was a problem before i got it so. So far there's no problems with it besides the fact everything looks ugly and i keep getting that annoying pop up every 5 minutes unless i leave the window open and dont touch it. The cmd-smug rearm doesn't even work, says all the activation have been used up

Again the only real problem is its ugly and i gotta leave the pic related window open or else ill get spammed with "activate windows" warning but otherwise everything works normally and game / programs run very smoothly despite the desktop looking like garbage. Im just worried of some problem popping up a few months from now that locks me out of my own computer.
>>
I think there was a program called daz loader that can make windows genuine with out any keys. Last time I tried to get it the creator locked it behind adds
>>
File: 1402751904347.webm (2 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1402751904347.webm
2 MB, 1024x768
>>
>>118711
>1402751904347.webm
Outdated senpai.
>>
>>118711
>>118716
FUCK i was just about to use it
>>
>>118693
you might as well just reinstall at this point senpai desu~
>>
>>118736
Iv been using the pc for a little over 2 weeks and i have a lot of files. Will reinstalling windows delete my files? And can i reinstall windows for free via torrent and would that copy be legitimate?
>>
>>118721
>>118716
outdated but does the job.
>>
>Will reinstalling windows delete my files?
no but your programs won't work so will need to be reinstalled

>can i reinstall windows for free via torrent
sure

>and would that copy be legitimate
no
>>
Have you tried Daz's Windows Loader v2.2.2
https://mega.nz/#!9EZykYgb!W9mqDAv3cnT0u2qeJm_Ex79gXNXh_7iUomgH1mjeZq0

password: 2014
>>
>>118711
Ayeeee fucking thanks a ton! Honestly tho the formant looks so tacky it looks like a cheap virus but shit ended up working
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.