[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recomendations??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: appleiie.jpg (275 KB, 600x483) Image search: [Google]
appleiie.jpg
275 KB, 600x483
Hi 4chan bros. This year I'm going to Uni and I wanted to build a computer. I want it to work and to play new gen games. Could you help me picking parts? If possible keep the budget under 1000. Thanks
>>
give me a sec, choosing parts can take time.
>>
>>116326
Thanks man
>>
Something like this build would be good for $1,000

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pRykvK

Specs:
i5-4690K
R9 390
600 watt PSU
16GB RAM
1TB HDD + 480GB SSD

Install OS and vydias on SSD and put movies/music on the HDD. With a build like this you should be able to max out all games on 1080p and maybe even 1440p. It's also VR ready (has an async capable GPU).
>>
>>116342
The GPU also has 8GB of GDDR5 vRAM @ 384 GB/s so you'll get the best performance on VR especially for the price.
>>
Sorry I realized you said under $1,000. In that case just don't buy the SSD for now, that will bring the price down to ~$940.

You can still play vydia and whatnot but boot and load times will be a little long.
>>
File: Drone.03.42.jpg (262 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
Drone.03.42.jpg
262 KB, 1680x1050
>>116325
what i'd do is buy the cheapest-ass piece of garbage i could get second hand for $100. then use this as a basis for comparison and spend the rest on something with what you need.
>>
>>116342
Thank you. I will try to get some more money to get the SSD too.
>>
>>116361
np man, good luck. Make sure to watch a few youtube videos on building a custom desktop to review parts/connectors and general safety. Make sure you get an anti-static wrist strap from amazon for like 3$ or constantly ground yourself when assembling the desktop.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.