[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, time for a really dumb thread. Pic related is my system specifications,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9
File: Specifications yes..png (31 KB, 591x440) Image search: [Google]
Specifications yes..png
31 KB, 591x440
So, time for a really dumb thread. Pic related is my system specifications, which until quite recently held up well in running various games, the r9 390 was a recent upgrade but anyway. I've been having HELLA FPS problems and I can't for the life of me identify the cause of them, particularly in fallout but in other recent games as well. I've tried a multitude of fixes, modifications, et cetera and for all my effort I've grabbed maybe a few extra FPS on an inconsistent basis. Is it my hardware? Is it possible it's software related? I'm pretty bloody lost at this point.
>>
What settings you running the game at? max everything? 1080? can you post your current task manager performance tab? to see how much of your CPU is currently being utilized.
>>
Also how many FPS are you getting? drivers you have are from the manufacturer? what drivers do version do you have?
>>
Have you overclocked your CPU also? You might as well (if you're not using stock cooler) to help you out with gaming.
>>
This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9Aa1kwJDAo has a R9 390 and a FX-8320 (not that much different than yours. How does your gameplay compare?
>>
>>114085
Was running at medium for just about everything, god-rays off, AO off. Been making a special note to keep my CPU free by closing most stuff in the backround. You want that screenshot with the game running or not?
>>114086
Roughly 13-20 according to ENBoost. Yea, I'm using my manufacturer drivers, currently on version 16.15.2211 of the AMD drivers, as far as I'm aware.
>>114087
Unfortunately, I'm stuck with stock cooling. I was worried that the CPU was to blame for my poor FPS, however. But I can't confirm.
>>114089
noooot even fuckin close. as stated, I average about 13 FPS, I can get 'maybe' a smooth 20 in
very empty areas such as the glow.
>>
>>114092

Not running

Have you turned off antivirus? Is all the information of the game on the Main OS partition? you don't have an SSD right? disconnect the external drive and the usb drive while playing.

Have you ran a benchark on your CPU with passmark yet to see if the CPU by itself is performing appropriately?
>>
File: speccy.png (75 KB, 848x628) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
75 KB, 848x628
Here's my speccy, I'm going to run a passmark rel quick to compare to you if you decide to run one. It shouldn't be that much faster I don't think because our CPU's look a bit simlilar.
>>
Been slightly delayed as power has just gone out, posting from my phone. Will do a pass mark as soon as my power returns
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-04 01.22.54.png (35 KB, 859x665) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-04 01.22.54.png
35 KB, 859x665
>>114095
Alright, here you go. Yea, it's all on my primary HDD, nothing is on the external from the game as far as I'm aware.
>>
File: performance.png (78 KB, 1706x894) Image search: [Google]
performance.png
78 KB, 1706x894
>>114106

Seems a bit high to me. Here's mine and I am just browsing 4chan so at the moment I was really doing NOTHING. If you're really doing nothing it shouldn't be at 13%. Either you're doing a lot right now or something's being done that you don't know about in the background. Your'e CPU can't be THAT much worse than mine.
>>
>>114107

Also, processes says 79 for you, a bit higher than my 64 processes. what is in your Applications tab and your processes tab?
>>
>>114107
When I checked, the most CPU intensive thing was SVHost
>>
>>114109

SVHost or Svchost?
>>
>>114110
SVChost, taking up 12 percent.
>>
>>114112

It shouldn't be. Have you run a malware scan? install with malwarebytes?
>>
File: processes.png (98 KB, 1706x894) Image search: [Google]
processes.png
98 KB, 1706x894
>>114112

I don't even have any open in my processes list at the moment. You want to try to get that. Have you tried a program called "game booster"? http://www.iobit.com/en/gamebooster.php Might help you out with shutting down useless applications.
>>
File: passmark.png (16 KB, 1920x212) Image search: [Google]
passmark.png
16 KB, 1920x212
>>114115
Right, not sure what the deal is with it. I'll check, but now I ran passmark, here's the results.
>>
File: performance test.png (194 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
performance test.png
194 KB, 1920x1080
>>114117

Here's mine
>>
>>114118
Well, compared to your CPU mine falls flat. Even falls a fair bit lower than the average mark for the same card.
>>
File: services 1.png (104 KB, 1776x922) Image search: [Google]
services 1.png
104 KB, 1776x922
>>114119

Well so far I would really think you're computer has the potential to run decent. I think you're current CPU usage being at 13% means something else is draining your cpu performance. I think that's the main cause. Have you looked into that? you probably need to disable some services. What do your services look like? Do you have WIndows 7?

Have you optimized them? I have because I like to have my system running at top notch speed. A lot of services use SVChost.exe to run. Here's an example mine. Many are disabled that I don't need and others are set to manual.
>>
>>114120
I haven't looked into it yet, no. How exactly would I go about disabling services, and equally important how do I know to not disable the ones that matter?
Yep, windows 7.
Another thing I'd be woefully unsure of how to do, optimizing my services.
>>
>>114121

Well, have you looked at blackviper site? http://www.blackviper.com/

I have spent a bit of time looking through that and testing my system. I have Windows 7 ultimate and disabled everything that I can and still be able to share folders, use the net, and do everything I need to. I have my own optimized list .reg file that I use to set them all with a double click. You can manually change yours on there with his guide.
>>
>>114123

It seems like there is just one major one that is sucking your cpu usage because normally services don't take up many resources though. post pictures of your entire services list? I could probably tell you which ones you don't need easily so you can stop them.
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-05-04 02.11.12.png (235 KB, 1760x1031) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-05-04 02.11.12.png
235 KB, 1760x1031
>>114124
Alright, here it is.
>>
>>114125

I can't see which ones are active or not though. I am about to head out but will be glad to continue helping when I get back. I would keep looking at that blackviper site to guide you. The site has a tool to create a custom .reg file so that you can manually double click it and enter it into your system. Is your svchost still using 13%?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.